ADVERTISEMENT

Should Mo be kicked off the team?

Should Mo be kicked off the team

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm not sure that you are understanding my point. This isn't a comparison of program standards. This is an exercise of human decency. We should expect the same high standards from our athletes and coaches as we expect from colleagues and employees. You're not helping these athletes by overlooking their mistakes. Also, I don't believe lying is acceptable because you are a head coach.
I don't think you have a point. I think you came trolling on this board to squeal about how Scott Frost is a liar who isn't holding his players accountable. I'm simply asking you if you hold the head coach of the team(s) you are actually a fan of to that same standard. This is a question you continue to avoid - why is that?

Reactions: Mack In Motion
I don’t take issue with it. You’re more than welcome to sit on the fence.

And as I’ve said multiple times, this isn’t about the events individually. Each incident on their own probably doesn’t elevate to dismissal. However when you look at his history of discipline issues, him being asked to leave a school one month before graduation, his difficulty in getting the required grades for admission and then add to it the 2 incidents there is a pattern of poor decisions.

There comes a point where the school becomes an enabler rather than just forgiving a single mistake.

Of course, and everyone has their own opinion on whether or not that point has been reached in Washington's case. If my opinion differing from yours makes me a dreaded "fence-sitter," I don't care.

Last edited:
I don't think you have a point. I think you came trolling on this board to squeal about how Scott Frost is a liar who isn't holding his players accountable. I'm simply asking you if you hold the head coach of the team(s) you are actually a fan of to that same standard. This is a question you continue to avoid - why is that?

I hold all coaches to a high standard. Most of these players are leaving home and lean on their respective coaches as a role model. Your attempt to compare coaches is a poor outlet to make a assumption that one coach has higher standards than another. Scott attempted to set a foundation for the future of this program in his statements. I made the observation that those original statements have been contradicted by his actions.

Reactions: Trip_10
I wouldn't do anything at this time.

For Washington if you boot the kid now it goes to his character for a pretty important legal situation in California.

For your own self if you do something now you will likely be answering questions in a deposition from prosecutors in California.

I'd wait for hind site because it's 20/20.

Reactions: SC_'sker
I suspect that there are sanctions for his violation of team rules that will be applied, pending the outcome of the legal matter in CA. The question is whether he is on his first or second strike.

Reactions: sparky62
I voted no but he’s on the shortest lease there is. He gets a ticket for spitting on the sidewalk he’s gone. And to all Iowa trolls it’s a example

I hold all coaches to a high standard. Most of these players are leaving home and lean on their respective coaches as a role model. Your attempt to compare coaches is a poor outlet to make a assumption that one coach has higher standards than another. Scott attempted to set a foundation for the future of this program in his statements. I made the observation that those original statements have been contradicted by his actions.
Still can’t answer the question. You should be in politics.

Still can’t answer the question. You should be in politics.

I recognize your feeble attempt to discredit myself. Is Washington’s actions less impactful if I’m a rival fan?

Answer me 2 questions:
Did Washington show poor character with his actions?
Did Frost state that poor character would not be tolerated ?

I had hopes for Frost installing a zero tolerance program in NE. He preached "And I’ll tell you this right now, if there’s anything negative about women.....we’re just not going to recruit you, period". I have lost all respect for the guy.

Also, I'm tired of the legal question about Mo's actions. Whether he is pursued in the legal area has no bearing on his character. His character is judged by his actions not the legal ramifications. If Frost was true to his word, then Washington would be gone. Frost was put to the test and failed.

Weed is illegal. We don't get to choose what laws to follow. This is another question about character. By choosing to break the law and the rules of the university, he has let down his coaches and teammates. That to me is poor character.
Your zero tolerance suggestion is impossible to implement. These are college kids, some of those kids come from very crappy backgrounds (no fault of their own). Kids make mistakes, kids are going to screw up, kids are going to make bad decision when it comes to drinking, drugs, and women. They are kids, they have to learn as they go. We ALL have made stupid decisions as young kids. Im guessing most of us weren't under 24hr media scrutiny so the whole country didn't pay attention when we made mistakes. Point being, kids are going to make mistakes. If Frost took a zero tolerance policy for every time a kid screwed up, we wouldn't have a team left. Nor would any program in the country.
I agree in the fact Mo should probably be kicked off the team, he has shown a history of making poor decision after poor decision. He seems to only care about himself. However I am not around him every day. I don't see how he is as a team mate or friend. I don't know how he acts every day in practice. I don't know if he is a distraction for other. ONLY Frost, staff, and teammates know that. So Im going to trust they will make the appropriate decision regarding Mo and what is best for the program, Mo, and the team.

Reactions: bshirt73
Trees should be legalized anyway. Gotta end the backwards thinking of the past and just get on with it.

#freeMo

I recognize your feeble attempt to discredit myself. Is Washington’s actions less impactful if I’m a rival fan?

Answer me 2 questions:
First we need to define what poor character means. Once you can define this general term then I can assign a blanket yes or no.

How is this thread allowed on a free board? Information gathering, depth chart discussions, insight from practices and scrimmages...all good...but explicitly and publicly polling whether a 19 year old kid should be kicked off the team, by name...pretty dang sick. If you are a recruit and you are checking out the huskers this is one of the first places you come to....

I had hopes for Frost installing a zero tolerance program in NE. He preached "And I’ll tell you this right now, if there’s anything negative about women.....we’re just not going to recruit you, period". I have lost all respect for the guy.

Also, I'm tired of the legal question about Mo's actions. Whether he is pursued in the legal area has no bearing on his character. His character is judged by his actions not the legal ramifications. If Frost was true to his word, then Washington would be gone. Frost was put to the test and failed.

Weed is illegal. We don't get to choose what laws to follow. This is another question about character. By choosing to break the law and the rules of the university, he has let down his coaches and teammates. That to me is poor character.
Iowa sucks

Trees should be legalized anyway. Gotta end the backwards thinking of the past and just get on with it.

#freeMo
IMO I disagree just look at the military and the railroad workers in the 1960s-70’s lot of them smoking weed and it was a disaster. Finally the military cleanup up and the DOT started cracking down on the railroad workers, as of today there some of the best in the world. I heard in Colorado traffic deaths with marijuana are up 44%. I’m not a fan of legalization but if the states pass laws to legalize it so be it, I’m sure not going to become a stormtrooper and protest everything. I do have a question for anyone, where are madd mother’s?
I guess you and I will just disagree. Carry on

Your zero tolerance suggestion is impossible to implement. These are college kids, some of those kids come from very crappy backgrounds (no fault of their own). Kids make mistakes, kids are going to screw up, kids are going to make bad decision when it comes to drinking, drugs, and women. They are kids, they have to learn as they go. We ALL have made stupid decisions as young kids. Im guessing most of us weren't under 24hr media scrutiny so the whole country didn't pay attention when we made mistakes. Point being, kids are going to make mistakes. If Frost took a zero tolerance policy for every time a kid screwed up, we wouldn't have a team left. Nor would any program in the country.
I agree in the fact Mo should probably be kicked off the team, he has shown a history of making poor decision after poor decision. He seems to only care about himself. However I am not around him every day. I don't see how he is as a team mate or friend. I don't know how he acts every day in practice. I don't know if he is a distraction for other. ONLY Frost, staff, and teammates know that. So Im going to trust they will make the appropriate decision regarding Mo and what is best for the program, Mo, and the team.

Program, Mo and team? The interests of those three do not always intersect. What about the University and the culture that Frost wants to instill?

IMO I disagree just look at the military and the railroad workers in the 1960s-70’s lot of them smoking weed and it was a disaster. Finally the military cleanup up and the DOT started cracking down on the railroad workers, as of today there some of the best in the world. I heard in Colorado traffic deaths with marijuana are up 44%. I’m not a fan of legalization but if the states pass laws to legalize it so be it, I’m sure not going to become a stormtrooper and protest everything. I do have a question for anyone, where are madd mother’s?

Lol what? The military cleanup and the railroad workers? I heard CO traffic deaths were down 12% due to people driving slower while blazed.

I voted NO. That’s not to say he should or shouldn’t. But I’m a Husker and players of his talent is going help Frost get the Huskers back up there again. He’s a talent that can take it to the house from the back field as a RB or even slotted out as a WR. You could see the talent as a true freshman last year without (or barely) any D1 S&C. He’s one of those special ones and I’d hate to see him go and a team like Colorado, Iowa or all most any D1 school out there, I’d hate to see one those guys sign him...and believe me....someone WILL. I for one, rather not see him tearing it up for another team.
Your argument would create a double standard. This isn’t about how good he is .

I do however believe Johnny Rodgers and Phillips remained on the team Based upon your argument

Program, Mo and team? The interests of those three do not always intersect. What about the University and the culture that Frost wants to instill?
Sometimes they do, and we who have nothing to do with any of it, don't know if they do or don't. Like I said, after this last drug thing. I think Mo is trending in the wrong direction and in my opinion should be kicked off. I also think Frost knows what is best for all parties involved. I have a feeling if he thinks he, teammates, and coaches can potentially turn his behavior around he will keep him. If he feels they won't be able to, he will be gone. Point is we can all have our opinion on what we think should happen. Only Frost know what is best very everyone involved. While I am leaning for him to be kicked off, it won't bother me one bit if he stays. I trust Frost.

Last edited:
drug charges are just a bit more serious than jaywalking.

He received a citation.

citation
n. 1) a notice to appear in court due to the probable commission of a minor crime such as a traffic violation, drinking liquor in a park where prohibited, letting a dog loose without a leash, and in some states for possession of a small amount of marijuana. Failure to appear can result in a warrant for the citee's arrest.

Now blow it out of proportion.

And what exactly should the culture look like?
People who want a 100% clean, angel like program is just not realistic. With 140+ kids in the program all from very different backgrounds it is nearly impossible for every singl
He received a citation.

citation
n. 1) a notice to appear in court due to the probable commission of a minor crime such as a traffic violation, drinking liquor in a park where prohibited, letting a dog loose without a leash, and in some states for possession of a small amount of marijuana. Failure to appear can result in a warrant for the citee's arrest.

Now blow it out of proportion.
Wow..... I get people want the kid to stick around because he is talented. I get it I understand. Up until this last "issue" I was in that same camp. Part of me still wants him to stick around. For me it isn't about the severity of crimes/charges/citations/ whatever. Looking back at his past he has a history of making bad decisions time and time again. Putting his own wants and needs over what may be best for his team, coaches, and school. Can he change of course he can. As of right now it is looking like he really doesn't want to. Is that someone who is going to more benefit or hurt a team? None of us can answer that. Only Frost, staff, and teammates can. I trust they will make the best decision for all involved.

People who want a 100% clean, angel like program is just not realistic. With 140+ kids in the program all from very different backgrounds it is nearly impossible for every singl

Wow..... I get people want the kid to stick around because he is talented. I get it I understand. Up until this last "issue" I was in that same camp. Part of me still wants him to stick around. For me it isn't about the severity of crimes/charges/citations/ whatever. Looking back at his past he has a history of making bad decisions time and time again. Putting his own wants and needs over what may be best for his team, coaches, and school. Can he change of course he can. As of right now it is looking like he really doesn't want to. Is that someone who is going to more benefit or hurt a team? None of us can answer that. Only Frost, staff, and teammates can. I trust they will make the best decision for all involved.

The first issue happened before he stepped foot on campus. So, what were the other "issues" after he arrived at NU that made this petty incident the straw that broke the camel's back?

Answer me 2 questions:

she must be an ioLa fan . I would be embarrassed to admit it, too

So should we do that with alcohol

I'm trying to look at this from a big picture perspective. The kid has really started to burn bridges here. It's not like he hasn't had chances dating back to his HS days. This is turning into a pattern of bad decisions. It's not like this latest transgression was his first one. For those of you that are saying that it's only pot, well guess what, it's still illegal, and untill it gets legalized, there are consequences if you';re caught.

IMO, this kid is turning into a liability. There will always be consequences for your actions. Time to cut ties and say see ya.

Reactions: jeff v4
I'm trying to look at this from a big picture perspective. The kid has really started to burn bridges here. It's not like he hasn't had chances dating back to his HS days. This is turning into a pattern of bad decisions. It's not like this latest transgression was his first one. For those of you that are saying that it's only pot, well guess what, it's still illegal, and untill it gets legalized, there are consequences if you';re caught.

IMO, this kid is turning into a liability. There will always be consequences for your actions. Time to cut ties and say see ya.

I agree with this but students smoked pot in the dorms back in the late 70’s and early 80’s and there where plenty of times never ever caught for doing so...

It’s not unusual for students smoking a little pot..

I agree with this but students smoked pot in the dorms back in the late 70’s and early 80’s and there where plenty of times never ever caught for doing so...

It’s not unusual for students smoking a little pot..
Agree, but this isn't his first infraction. Rules are rules, & he's been breaking them since he started high school. Not like he hasn't been warned and given a 2nd or 3rd chance.

Reactions: scarletred
Agree, but this isn't his first infraction. Rules are rules, & he's been breaking them since he started high school. Not like he hasn't been warned and given a 2nd or 3rd chance.
You have a very valid point. It’s ashamed to see his talent go to waste, but he’s not the first one and definitely won’t be the last one to screw up a golden opportunity

The first issue happened before he stepped foot on campus. So, what were the other "issues" after he arrived at NU that made this petty incident the straw that broke the camel's back?
What does it matter when things happened? I don't understand this argument. It still speaks of his character, doesn't matter where he was. That is like saying, "well John murdered a guy in Texas, but since he is now in New York he is ok .

Sometimes they do, and we who have nothing to do with any of it, don't know if they do or don't. Like I said, after this last drug thing. I think Mo is trending in the wrong direction and in my opinion should be kicked off. I also think Frost knows what is best for all parties involved. I have a feeling if he thinks he, teammates, and coaches can potentially turn his behavior around he will keep him. If he feels they won't be able to, he will be gone. Point is we can all have our opinion on what we think should happen. Only Frost know what is best very everyone involved. While I am leaning for him to be kicked off, it won't bother me one bit if he stays. I trust Frost.

I agree with your observation that Mo is trending in the wrong direction. I disagree that Frost understands what is best for Mo. Frost is a talented coach, but not qualified to dissect the human psyche. I hope they engaged in outsourcing that responsibility. Counseling is not my field, but would suggest that football is only perpetuating this behavior.

Reactions: baseball31ne
drug charges are just a bit more serious than jaywalking.

Like a traffic ticket, that is ALL this is. I was pulled over for speeding, they found weed (it was my dogs), they gave me a citation. I paid it, end of story. Why we want to ruin a kid over it is beyond me.

Look, I'm over 50. Have a good job, a productive member of society, and I still make some dumbass decisions that make me scratch my head.

No one is arguing with you there, dumbass. :D

tenor.gif

I agree with your observation that Mo is trending in the wrong direction. I disagree that Frost understands what is best for Mo. Frost is a talented coach, but not qualified to dissect the human psyche. I hope they engaged in outsourcing that responsibility. Counseling is not my field, but would suggest that football is only perpetuating this behavior.

tenor.gif

What does it matter when things happened? I don't understand this argument. It still speaks of his character, doesn't matter where he was. That is like saying, "well John murdered a guy in Texas, but since he is now in New York he is ok .

So a pipe and no weed = murder. Got it.

Reactions: scarletred
No, but he is headed in that direction.

Agree, what has he done - sent a text message when he was 17 and was with some guys who had some MJ paraphanilia in the room.

Put the pads on and get in there

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT