ADVERTISEMENT

Shane Beamer upset with B1G officials…

timnsun

Head Coach
Jan 25, 2008
As happens 90% of the time in the B1G, a punt return resulted in a block in the back.

When arguing the call, Beamer was then flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct. Instead of 1st and 10 at the 50 with a minute left in the half, they were starting from their own 20.

Said Beamer, "Sometimes the officials want to make the game about them,"

Glad to see the B1G refs are consistent at least.

As happens 90% of the time in the B1G, a punt return resulted in a block in the back.

When arguing the call, Beamer was then flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct. Instead of 1st and 10 at the 50 with a minute left in the half, they were starting from their own 20.

The bowl reps must have had a talk with the refs at halftime of tenn-Clemson. 2nd half was ok but that first half was an officiating disgrace.

Reactions: king_kong_
The refs don't want to make it about them...they want the coaches to shut the **** up.

I have coached 5 different sports over 20 years. Refs are not going to change their mind because you start yelling at them.

I don't ref and never would but if I did, the first thing I would tell each coach is this "I Promise you that I will not tell you what play to call or who to put in the game...and you promise me that you won't yell at me...and if you do I will flag/or T you up..."

In 20 plus years of coaching I have never had an issue with freaking out on thee refs. In fact, once I even made a guy on my staff go apologize for being a cock.

Shane beamer whoever you are. Stop blaming the officiating

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT