ADVERTISEMENT

SFs Buyout!

Big bo fan

Assistant Head Coach
Gold Member
Jan 8, 2019
I know people have talked it goes to 7..5 on October2 , usually Buyouts drop at the end of the regular season basically December 1, interesting TA put that in effective after game 5 , TA obviously knew this wasn’t going to work and even if we are 2-3 after Indiana, there is hope Mickey or whoever takes over gets Lighting in a bottle and we finish bowl eligible.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I know people have talked it goes to 7..5 on October2 , usually Buyouts drop at the end of the regular season basically December 1, interesting TA put that in effective after game 5 , TA obviously knew this wasn’t going to work and even if we are 2-3 after Indiana, there is hope Mickey or whoever takes over gets Lighting in a bottle and we finish bowl eligible.
If Trev knew this wasn’t going to work and brought him back anyway then he made a conscious decision to continue to subject our football student athletes and recruits to poor coaching - development and leadership.

as a recruit or current player It would be difficult being at a school where the AD doesn’t have your best interests in mind

Reactions: oldjar07
Trev did something unprecedented with Frost last year. I’m amazed he got Frost to agree to it, and i suppose he gets some kudos for creativity.

But it was never going to work. Frost feels neutered, pouts at the podium, inserts himself into game 1 to produce another 1 score loss, and then says his offensive scabs/coaches need to learn to be more creative. Like he is, presumably.

It was a plan that was destined to only delay the needed transition. But we saved a few bucks. I just wonder if the golden goose is dead.

If Trev knew this wasn’t going to work and brought him back anyway then he made a conscious decision to continue to subject our football student athletes and recruits to poor coaching - development and leadership.

as a recruit or current player It would be difficult being at a school where the AD doesn’t have your best interests in mind
Trev wanted Frost fired last year. Boosters wouldn't let him. Let's just move forward with the presdent and make a strong HC hire.

Trev wanted Frost fired last year. Boosters wouldn't let him. Let's just move forward with the presdent and make a strong HC hire.
If he truly wanted to fire him and wasn’t able to convince others given Frosts track record on and off the field then he is an ineffective leader

he has one of the worst records over 4 years of any power 5 coach in recent history let alone at a place that considers themselves a blue blood program

• Haha
Reactions: Swiv3D and oldjar07
Trev is the AD, he has every right to fire the Head Coach. If he believes Frost should be fired and so called boosters wouldnt let him, he should of quit. Your comment is stupid and I believe has no merit.

If he truly wanted to fire him and wasn’t able to convince others given Frosts track record on and off the field then he is an ineffective leader

he has one of the worst records over 4 years of any power 5 coach in recent history let alone at a place that considers themselves a blue blood program
Meh....donors have influence. It is what it is. Trev got money from them to make a new hire though and that is currently at $60M and will continue to go up.

Too harsh. Frost has the clout of being tied to the last title, being a native son, and being a favorite of TO. I think Trev was hired to fire Frost. Only one Husker legend could fire another.

Trev is the AD, he has every right to fire the Head Coach. If he believes Frost should be fired and so called boosters wouldnt let him, he should of quit. Your comment is stupid and I believe has no merit.
It’s also very true. We are experiencing what happens when “fans” and boosters insist on an inbred coach, and ignore the results. Frosturbators care more about keeping him, than the success of the program. We are getting exactly what 95% of everyone insisted on. The fanbase deserves it.

Reactions: Gary.Busey
Meh....donors have influence. It is what it is. Trev got money from them to make a new hire though and that is currently at $60M and will continue to go up.
Fine - as noted above Frost has one of the worst 4 year records of any power 5 coach in recent history - certainly at a school that considers themselves a blue blood - almost every other program would have fired him by now

as a current player or recruit I would have to question the schools commitment to winning when making my own decisions

It wasn’t Trevs decision to bring him back , Trev has bosses like everyone else.

Fine - as I said - given the record - as a current player or recruit I would have to question the schools commitment to winning
That’s exactly what should be questioned. Not just the “school”, but the money people that think hiring someone like him was a good idea

Fine - as I said - given the record - as a current player or recruit I would have to question the schools commitment to winning
Fine . But in your post you specifically blasted TA as not having the Athletes back , that’s what I was responding to.

If we continue on our present course, and with the buyout decreasing in October, I see no good reason not to terminate Frost in October. Might as well make it publicly known we are in the market for a new HC.

Fine . But in your post you specifically blasted TA as not having the Athletes back , that’s what I was responding to.
Again it is the ADs job to convince these people that a change is needed

no AD in recent history has more evidence to support his argument given frosts record on and off the field than Trev has - if he wasn’t able to make his case based on the available evidence then he is an ineffective leader

it would be like the prosecution having an actual video of the defendant committing a murder and not being able to effectively argue for a conviction

Again it is the ADs job to convince these people that a change is needed

no AD in recent history has more evidence to support his argument given frosts record on and off the field than Trev has - if he wasn’t able to make his case based on the available evidence then he is an ineffective leader

it would be like the prosecution having an actual video of the defendant committing a murder and not being able to effectively argue for a conviction
We are going to have to agree to disagree, TAs Job will be based who he hires!

Boosters aren't in charge of that decision. The AD is. This is all on Trev.
Ask Auburn who in charge? There is.a lot of heat about a number of big frost backers didn’t want him fired and were threatening to not contribute. Trev did the best he could under the circumstances, I will say if all hell breaks loose trev might be gone just before frost

Ask Auburn who in charge? There is.a lot of heat about a number of big frost backers didn’t want him fired and were threatening to not contribute. Trev did the best he could under the circumstances, I will say if all hell breaks loose trev might be gone just before frost
What does that mean?

When you fire your coach and hire a new one, you are married to that coach for many years and are committing tens of millions of dollars. If Trev didn't think he could get the right guy last year with all the big-time schools in the market, or for whatever reason, I'm OK with waiting one more year to get the right guy.

When you fire your coach and hire a new one, you are married to that coach for many years and are committing tens of millions of dollars. If Trev didn't think he could get the right guy last year with all the big-time schools in the market, or for whatever reason, I'm OK with waiting one more year to get the right guy.
A ton of coaching jobs were opening up at higher profile programs: LSU, ND, USC, Oklahoma, Florida, etc. Right now is actually is a good time to be hiring a coach compared to last offseason. The only big jobs I see opening up this fall are possibly FSU, UCLA, and maybe Texas if Sarkisian lays an absolute egg. I would not wait long if I am Trev. Go get someone like Meyer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT