ADVERTISEMENT

SEC - Just Means More

I like the idea, but I know our crusty fanbase would raise hell about it. I think internally our program has a good handle on the NIL situation and we're doing ok in the current environment. No need to get the natives looking for their pitchforks.

And hey, I'm bad at math - but how do you add a 10% fee on "all football tickets" and arrive at a 4.5% average per-seat price increase?

If you put the idea to a vote for all fanbases across the country, I'm betting it would get shot down, heavily. Not just ours. Here's a thought, if somebody likes the idea, absolutely nothing is stopping you from donating to NIL. Go for it. I just wonder if it's a good idea to start tacking on fee's to this stuff, because once it starts it will apply to a lot more. The powers that be won't be satisfied until they tack on a 10% fee to, everything...and the fee's will only go up from there.

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
I guess my initial thought is how expensive ticket prices are already. It makes it tough for the average Joes & Janes to take their kids to a game.

I like the idea, but I know our crusty fanbase would raise hell about it. I think internally our program has a good handle on the NIL situation and we're doing ok in the current environment. No need to get the natives looking for their pitchforks.

And hey, I'm bad at math - but how do you add a 10% fee on "all football tickets" and arrive at a 4.5% average per-seat price increase?
Why penalize the 86000 season ticket holders? Maybe NU should demand raising tv/viewing rights fees/subscription by a buck or two a month? More people watch rather than attend. That would be the cash cow. Just sayin 🤷

Why penalize the 86000 season ticket holders? Maybe NU should demand raising tv/viewing rights fees/subscription by a buck or two a month? More people watch rather than attend. That would be the cash cow. Just sayin 🤷
NU has no control over the tv rights or fees. They directly control and receive the ticket fees. It's all about maximizing revenue where you can, up to the point that you piss off your fanbase. Which, is where my comment about our fanbase comes in. You could simply raise ticket prices 10% and they won't blink, but if you tell them you're "adding a 10% fee" they will lose their minds.

NU has no control over the tv rights or fees. They directly control and receive the ticket fees. It's all about maximizing revenue where you can, up to the point that you piss off your fanbase. Which, is where my comment about our fanbase comes in. You could simply raise ticket prices 10% and they won't blink, but if you tell them you're "adding a 10% fee" they will lose their minds.
exactly. Which is why it is so stupid to call it a 'talent fee'. Just raise the price, don't make up a stupid name. Everyone knows its not going to the athletes at the end of the day.

Ticket holders and boosters have been carrying the lions share of the load for years. Now there's nil avenues for everyone else to use and chip in their support other than buying Huskers gear. Have at it

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan

Was thinking the same thing? 🥴 (the math part) Anyway, don’t Iike the idea. I have four season tickets and I’m already forced to make a donation per ticket above the retail price. Plus I’ve already donated extra to 1890 for NIL. Fine go ahead and make my very expensive tickets (plus donations) more expensive. I just won’t donate to NIL then. I’m sure people who don’t have season tickets and/or rarely go to games will think this is a great idea. Most of those people have no idea how much we pay, beyond retail, to keep/have those tickets. Hard no for me…

Was thinking the same thing? 🥴 (the math part) Anyway, don’t Iike the idea. I have four season tickets and I’m already forced to make a donation per ticket above the retail price. Plus I’ve already donated extra to 1890 for NIL. Fine go ahead and make my very expensive tickets (plus donations) more expensive. I just won’t donate to NIL then. I’m sure people who don’t have season tickets and/or rarely go to games will think this is a great idea. Most of those people have no idea how much we pay, beyond retail, to keep/have those tickets. Hard no for me…
I wish they would get rid of the donation and print on the ticket what the real ticket price per seat is. Most don't realize what the actual cost is

Reactions: SickOfPractice
this isn't a penalty

it's a terrific opportunity

I like watching good players. I like landing good players. I want Nebraska Football to regain its rightful position at the top of college football.

spending your Saturdays clipping coupons is always an option.

Fine go ahead and make my very expensive tickets (plus donations) more expensive. I just won’t donate to NIL then.
this 10% fee is a donation to NIL. it goes directly to the players.

If you put the idea to a vote for all fanbases across the country, I'm betting it would get shot down, heavily. Not just ours. Here's a thought, if somebody likes the idea, absolutely nothing is stopping you from donating to NIL. Go for it. I just wonder if it's a good idea to start tacking on fee's to this stuff, because once it starts it will apply to a lot more. The powers that be won't be satisfied until they tack on a 10% fee to, everything...and the fee's will only go up from there.
you're probably right.

there are a ton of cheap bastards with zero vision out there.

which is why the rich always get richer.

this isn't a penalty

it's a terrific opportunity

I like watching good players. I like landing good players. I want Nebraska Football to regain its rightful position at the top of college football.

spending your Saturdays clipping coupons is always an option.
Then donate to 1890

I do.

I'm not the problem.

it's the "fans" who don't want to support the team (there are many) that this captures.

great idea IMO.
So you're saying the fans that pay approximately 200 per ticket to go to the game aren't fans

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT