ADVERTISEMENT

Season Record?

We are not going to lose to BYU. Not sure why people are hung up on them. If they beat us we are in for a long and crappy season. I don't see it.

Miami is a team that has the talent to beat us & it will be close.

Wisconsin I expect to lose to until we can prove otherwise.

Minnesota will not beat us again... Ever

Mich St will be a loss unless we play 4 good quarters of football. Haven't seen it yet.

Iowa we should beat but it will have to be earned.

9-3 is my expectation but would not be shocked to finish 8-4 in Riley's first year having one loss that we shouldn't.

10-2 or better would be a pleasant surprise but also wouldn't be shocked.
How do you figure we`ll never lose to Minnesota again?

Because losing to Minnesota doesn't happen when you have competent coaching. Same goes for every other team in the B1G West except for Wisconsin.

Kind of like how Nebraska under Tom Osborne never lost to Iowa State, except those few times it did? Minnesota's a lot better than Iowa State teams of that era.

As our Spartan guest probably knows, Michigan State is 6-5 against Minnesota this century (one loss under Dantonio). They've been a bit better than us lately.

We should be better than Minnesota, but I doubt we'll be enough better to beat a Jerry Kill-coached team ten times out of ten. We're not playing Kansas anymore.

Reactions: nothingkevin
Kind of like how Nebraska under Tom Osborne never lost to Iowa State, except those few times it did? Minnesota's a lot better than Iowa State teams of that era.

As our Spartan guest probably knows, Michigan State is 6-5 against Minnesota this century (one loss under Dantonio). They've been a bit better than us lately.

We should be better than Minnesota, but I doubt we'll be enough better to beat a Jerry Kill-coached team ten times out of ten. We're not playing Kansas anymore.
Wait! We lost to Iowa State!!?

Saying we will never lose to Minnesota again was a bit tongue in cheek but my point was if Riley can elevate our program to regularly contend for titles as we all hope, then losing to the Gophers should become an anomaly.

I personally expect to win 8 out of 10 vs them.

Wait! We lost to Iowa State!!?

I try to forget that 1992 game. Proof of that "on any given day" cliche. We win that game 19 times out of 20, but two big games in a row against nationally ranked teams followed by a road trip to Ames and we just weren't ready to play.

We also lost to them in '76 and '77, when the Cyclones were at least decent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT