ADVERTISEMENT

Season Record?

I am not sold on Wisky - especially in Lincoln. I agree BYU is a push, and MSU a L right now. Minnesota will be tough on the road - but we won't be out coached. 9-3 seems likely - 10-2 if Riley gets the most out of the offense and the D is solid (depth is my big concern on D - injuries will impact the D). 11-1 if we are alot better than we think due to Bo fart moments the last 2 seasons.
Not sure how you`re not sold on Wisconsin? They`ve dominated us for years and I don`t see anything that would change that, except for their HC

BYU -- win, close for 3 but we dominate late based in part on suspensions
S. Alabama -- win, easy
Miami -- loss, I'd take us on a neutral field though
Southern Miss -- win, easy
Illinois -- win, but close in the 4th
Wisconsin -- win, Chryst is not the equal of the last 3 Badger coaches
Minnesota -- win, finally
NW -- Loss in an upset
Purdue -- win, comfortably
Michigan St -- loss, but not a blowout
Rutgers -- win, very tight
Iowa -- win

9-3 heading into the bowl

Also, miami may have the slightest edge in speed and overall talent

Thats not what the "experts" are saying. Yes Kaya has a year of experience but the OL lost a lot and they lost Duke. I understand we will be running a different scheme with the D, so Im not saying we can't lose. But its not like going to Miami will be a hostile environment. I think we win by 10.

Not sure how you`re not sold on Wisconsin? They`ve dominated us for years and I don`t see anything that would change that, except for their HC
The losses they have incurred... Most of the Oline, other skill players... It sounds like when Andersen left there were holes to fill, even more than what Bo left us. And the game is a home game.

I agree it isn't going to be easy, but they definitely are not the same team of the last five years...

Tough season to predict record wise. I feel like Nebraska is the more talented team against any team on our schedule (possible exception is MSU).

The problem is that some teams we face have excellent coaching (MSU, Minnesota). Some teams have had our number or given us problems lately (Iowa, Minnesota, Northwestern). BYU and Miami are going to be played when our coaches really have no in game look at our players running their systems.

In conclusion, 10-2. Take your pick for the two from the teams listed above.

Taylor had MSUs number...MSU has Armstrong's number...

To me, NU has to either beat MSU or Wisconsin to have a successful season. The only top 25 teams as of now on your schedule. Although I suppose 10-2 with Ls to both those teams would be considered a big success for first year coach.

The losses they have incurred... Most of the Oline, other skill players... It sounds like when Andersen left there were holes to fill, even more than what Bo left us. And the game is a home game.

I agree it isn't going to be easy, but they definitely are not the same team of the last five years...
I understand. And I hope you`re right, as I want nothing more than to see us beat wisconsin`s ass, but we`ve gotten dominated by them for far too long for me to be dissuaded until I see results on the field

BYU -- win, close for 3 but we dominate late based in part on suspensions
S. Alabama -- win, easy
Miami -- loss, I'd take us on a neutral field though
Southern Miss -- win, easy
Illinois -- win, but close in the 4th
Wisconsin -- win, Chryst is not the equal of the last 3 Badger coaches
Minnesota -- win, finally
NW -- Loss in an upset
Purdue -- win, comfortably
Michigan St -- loss, but not a blowout
Rutgers -- win, very tight
Iowa -- win

9-3 heading into the bowl
Win but very tight against rutgers? Rutgers is one of the worst teams i`ve seen play in yrs. Totally disagree with you that it will be close. Would like too see rutgers play ISU

Win but very tight against rutgers? Rutgers is one of the worst teams i`ve seen play in yrs. Totally disagree with you that it will be close. Would like too see rutgers play ISU

I think we lose to Michigan State after a big build-up, and next week we go on the road and have a bit of a let-down against Rutgers. Leading to a closer game than it should be. That's my crystal ball. Rutgers went to a bowl last year (and won) so they weren't TERRIBLE, but they don't return a lot. If they can adequately replace their QB they could give us a game in Piscataway if we don't bring it.

Thats not what the "experts" are saying. Yes Kaya has a year of experience but the OL lost a lot and they lost Duke. I understand we will be running a different scheme with the D, so Im not saying we can't lose. But its not like going to Miami will be a hostile environment. I think we win by 10.

Obviously you've never felt the florida humidity... it's very hostile.

The only game I would really argue is the Minnesota game. I really believe we are the better team and should have won the last two games against them.

They were definitely better coached, but I think we are more talented. Even though it is an away game, I think the guys have revenge in mind. The other games you have us losing make sense, and while I'd like to think it doesn't play out that way, the only one I feel really strongly about is the Minnesota game.

My thoughts exactly. We have more talent than Minnesota, but it has been mismanaged. I'm saying 9-3 or possibly 10-2 with a win over Wisky. I don't see us winning at Miami, and although I think we will be much more competitive against MSU than last year, we won't be at the level yet to beat them.

I noticed you dont have a bye until after your 11th game...You will be playing MSU in your 10th straight game.

I noticed you dont have a bye until after your 11th game...You will be playing MSU in your 10th straight game.
Personally, I always thought bye weeks were bad from a timing standpoint. We could have some injuries yes, but so could MSU. We should be playing pretty good football by game 11.

As an outsider here is the way I see the Nebraska schedule today without knowing how the Huskers might round up, or down, by the time Big10 rolls around.

BYU - Toss Up
South Alabama - Win by at least 2 touchdowns
Miami-FL -Toss Up...this game should be a Nebraska win however.
Southern Miss. - Win by at least 10
Illinois - Win by at least 17
Wisconsin - Toss Up...I really think the Badgers are vulnerable to you guys in 2015
Minnesota - Loss - The Gophers will edge the Cornhuskers by 3
Northwestern - Win, but it will be a shootout.
Purdue - Win - This game shouldn't even be played
Michigan State - Loss. It will be closer than many expect though. MSU by 7
Rutgers - Win. Big win
Iowa - Toss up. By the time this game rolls around it could be a big one...or just another game.

The hope is that we have better depth and that it plays into us not getting banged up as much as the season progresses.

However, I saw that deal on no bye's until week 11 and thought that could be a big factor as well..

GBR

OK Charlie Brown...thinkin we win the West and go 11-3. Is your mind ok or has it exploded??? You asked for predictions...
10-2 regular season
11-3 overall (predicated on the notion that this team has more depth & improved coaching strategy-in & out of game)

GBR

My thoughts exactly. We have more talent than Minnesota, but it has been mismanaged. I'm saying 9-3 or possibly 10-2 with a win over Wisky. I don't see us winning at Miami, and although I think we will be much more competitive against MSU than last year, we won't be at the level yet to beat them.
You don`t really think we`ll beat wisconsin or minnesota, do you? Please tell me you know better.

OK Charlie Brown...thinkin we win the West and go 11-3. Is your mind ok or has it exploded??? You asked for predictions...
10-2 regular season
11-3 overall (predicated on the notion that this team has more depth & improved coaching strategy-in & out of game)

GBR
Can you please go over who you having us beat and get beaten by?

You don`t really think we`ll beat wisconsin or minnesota, do you? Please tell me you know better.

Last I checked NU was favored over Minnesota and a pick em vs Wiscy. Sure, lots will change...but you better bet the house on those two games if you believe they are for sure losses.

Last I checked NU was favored over Minnesota and a pick em vs Wiscy. Sure, lots will change...but you better bet the house on those two games if you believe they are for sure losses.
I don`t think huskers win either game, and this will be attributed to youth and lack of depth at key positions. We will have 1-2 sigificant injuries to our starting DEs and LBs, and with essentially zero depth at either position group, we will lose the games where both teams are evenly matched. I`ve watched enough huskers to know better. Coach bo has left this team a hell of a mess at a couple key position groups

Good gawd Travis. Do you post s@%t just so you can tell everyone who doesn't agree with you that they are wrong? Do you really think beating Wisconsin and / or Minnesota is that hard to believe? Please tell me you know better.

Last edited:
Good gawd Travis. Do you post s@%t just so you can tell everyone who doesn't agree with you that they are wrong? Do you really think us not beating Wisconsin and / or Minnesota is that hard to believe? Please tell me you know better.
Who is travis? Is it hard to believe? Kinda. It's not impossible for us to win either game (like michigan st) but unlikely. I sincerely believe that neb and wisconsin/minnesota are very evenly matched, and they get the edge for youth/depth reasons as outlined above. Once we establish adequate depth, then I see us beating both teams every yr because we`ll having coaching and talent/depth advantage

Personally, I always thought bye weeks were bad from a timing standpoint. We could have some injuries yes, but so could MSU. We should be playing pretty good football by game 11.

Oh, and we come off of a bye. We play IU at home, then BYE, then @Nebraska..:)

I don`t think huskers win either game, and this will be attributed to youth and lack of depth at key positions. We will have 1-2 sigificant injuries to our starting DEs and LBs, and with essentially zero depth at either position group, we will lose the games where both teams are evenly matched. I`ve watched enough huskers to know better. Coach bo has left this team a hell of a mess at a couple key position groups

Perhaps...like I said, you should bet the farm on Wiscy and Minnesota then because right now Vegas disagrees with you.

Who is travis? Is it hard to believe? Kinda. It's not impossible for us to win either game (like michigan st) but unlikely. I sincerely believe that neb and wisconsin/minnesota are very evenly matched, and they get the edge for youth/depth reasons as outlined above. Once we establish adequate depth, then I see us beating both teams every yr because we`ll having coaching and talent/depth advantage
You are Travis. So, if you sincerely believe that the teams are "very evenly matched," how can you reply "You don`t really think we`ll beat wisconsin or minnesota, do you? Please tell me you know better." You acknowledge the teams are comparable, but your response is douchebag-esque. What gives?

Reactions: nothingkevin
Not sure if you have looked at who is coming back. That team has to retool...and I'm not sure that Wisky can just reload and do it every year...particularly with a new coaching staff.

You are Travis. So, if you sincerely believe that the teams are "very evenly matched," how can you reply "You don`t really think we`ll beat wisconsin or minnesota, do you? Please tell me you know better." You acknowledge the teams are comparable, but your response is douchebag-esque. What gives?
U right. i'm a douchebag. i'll do better. but still think Wisconsin and Minnesota wins.

I don't see the team losing to Minnesota but what do I know. Until we win against Wisconsin I'm not picking against them. Michigan State I dunno. BYU makes me nervous. Miami doesn't. Outside of that I don't think the lose any other games.

Good gawd Travis. Do you post s@%t just so you can tell everyone who doesn't agree with you that they are wrong? Do you really think beating Wisconsin and / or Minnesota is that hard to believe? Please tell me you know better.
He has been a troll from day 1

Reactions: nothingkevin
I think we lose to Michigan State after a big build-up, and next week we go on the road and have a bit of a let-down against Rutgers. Leading to a closer game than it should be. That's my crystal ball. Rutgers went to a bowl last year (and won) so they weren't TERRIBLE, but they don't return a lot. If they can adequately replace their QB they could give us a game in Piscataway if we don't bring it.

I agree with you in sentiment. I haven't liked the timing of the Rutgers game since I first saw it on the schedule.

The only redeeming aspect about playing Rutgers that week is they still aren't really built for the Big Ten, and they will have just gone through the physical gauntlet of Michigan, Ohio State, Wisconsin, and Michigan State.

They might be a broken team by the time the Huskers come to the Big city..

Reactions: red rover 70
We are not going to lose to BYU. Not sure why people are hung up on them. If they beat us we are in for a long and crappy season. I don't see it.

Miami is a team that has the talent to beat us & it will be close.

Wisconsin I expect to lose to until we can prove otherwise.

Minnesota will not beat us again... Ever

Mich St will be a loss unless we play 4 good quarters of football. Haven't seen it yet.

Iowa we should beat but it will have to be earned.

9-3 is my expectation but would not be shocked to finish 8-4 in Riley's first year having one loss that we shouldn't.

10-2 or better would be a pleasant surprise but also wouldn't be shocked.

BYU is good and they have a QB that will give us a world of problems on D....I bet on pretty much every sport under the sun and I would take BYU and the points if it didnt mean betting against UNL

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT