ADVERTISEMENT

Season prediction time!

We will see. Right there with Nebraska and minny imo. Looked good last year before the defense quit on Diaco. Could be right though. I've got 6 wins.
“We” won’t see. I won’t watch a single second of your poopy team outside of the weekend I’m forced to.

We’re going to beat you in hoops this year, too!

• Haha
Reactions: CriticalObserver
“We” won’t see. I won’t watch a single second of your poopy team outside of the weekend I’m forced to.

We’re going to beat you in hoops this year, too!
That's big talk! Haha I'm curious to see how Nebraska looks this year. I think you start to see it turn a little for them. Love your coach! Maybe not as much as Painter, but he's probably top 4 in the big ten for me. I do think Purdue is top 10 good in bball this year.

A bit off topic, but how's Bryce McGowans been looking? Heard anything?

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
That's big talk! Haha I'm curious to see how Nebraska looks this year. I think you start to see it turn a little for them. Love your coach! Maybe not as much as Painter, but he's probably top 4 in the big ten for me. I do think Purdue is top 10 good in bball this year.

A bit off topic, but how's Bryce McGowans been looking? Heard anything?
Nothing but positives so far and some highlight dunks. Will need to work hard on defense, but he’s ready to contribute in offense right away.

Very excited for hoops this year and beyond. Hoiberg has another 5* little brother on the radar for 2023, as well!

Barring a huge dose of “getting your shit together”, this is a 4-8 to 5-7 year. We‘ll know where we are after the first four games.
We play the 3 worst teams and one of the best in September. If we know where we are after that it's a bad sign. Hopefully we are at least 3-1 and facing 5 winnable (but not easy) games by Halloween. Our fate should be known in October.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
It really hard to put out a number, If they lose to Illinois probably no more than 4 wins more like 3-9. It’s hard to believe that so many problems have done a 180 are corrected or vastly improved, so far frost hasn’t showed any signs of being a decent coach let alone a good one. I would love to eat my words and see 8-4

Same as always, we used to joke about how lame the Big Ten was, nothing has changed. The west is horrible and the East has OSU and that is about it.

9 wins should be the basement
I'll make my prediction after I see what happens tomorrow. It will be a much more informed one.

Anyone predicting more than 6 wins this year, how you feeling right now? I predicted 6-6 and I’m already nervous about that pick.

Reactions: c_broadus
We play the 3 worst teams and one of the best in September. If we know where we are after that it's a bad sign. Hopefully we are at least 3-1 and facing 5 winnable (but not easy) games by Halloween. Our fate should be known in October.
Well, I think we know now.

Bold, Nostradamus. Bold.

gettyimages-520719995-2.jpg

Reactions: WHCSC and c_broadus
With the misery of Nebraska football, might as well have some fun looking back. @Huskerfan2112 nailed it and was given a lot a sh*t. Myself, along with some other typical blowhards, missed the mark pretty bad.

Impossible to predict. Too many unknowns. They could go 2-10/3-9 or finish 8-4/9-3. Would not surprise me at all if they lost to Illinois and Purdue... shoot even Buffalo. Not convinced Frost is the guy. He is continually badly out coached in the big 10. I’m hopeful, but I’ve also seen this movie before.
Sadly it looks like 3-9 isn’t out of the question.

• Haha
Reactions: CriticalObserver
It’s the ceiling. I’m mad at myself for even thinking 4 wins was possible. This has been the worst NU team I’ve seen to date and yet some fans are asking to sign up for more of the same.
2021 is Frost’s most talented roster but the Ws aren’t coming. They should be. The good news…a good coach can win 7-8 the minute they step into Lincoln.

2021 is Frost’s most talented roster but the Ws aren’t coming. They should be. The good news…a good coach can win 7-8 the minute they step into Lincoln.
This roster will look massively different in a few weeks, let alone when NW gapes us across the pond. The expectations for 2022 is a bowl game. Beyond that, starting in 2023 it should be top 3 finish in the west.

This roster will look massively different in a few weeks, let alone when NW gapes us across the pond. The expectations for 2022 is a bowl game. Beyond that, starting in 2023 it should be top 3 finish in the west.
So a non winning record is acceptable to you in year FIVE? It’s not to me. But as numerous other coaches at other programs have shown us, it often takes between 6-10 years of losing records before progress in the W column can be made.

So a non winning record is acceptable to you in year FIVE? It’s not to me. But as numerous other coaches at other programs have shown us, it often takes between 6-10 years of losing records before progress in the W column can be made.
I think that 7-8 wins is quite a stretch for a new coach right away in 2022, but the expectation should still be to get to a bowl game. 2021 has been buoyed by a very super senior laden roster. In 2022, replacing some of those key guys is a really big unknown. Having no idea what the roster will look like come spring or even next fall makes it harder to see.

Beyond 2023, the expectation should be competing for and winning the west.

I think that 7-8 wins is quite a stretch for a new coach right away in 2022, but the expectation should still be to get to a bowl game. 2021 has been buoyed by a very super senior laden roster. In 2022, replacing some of those key guys is a really big unknown. Having no idea what the roster will look like come spring or even next fall makes it harder to see.

Beyond 2023, the expectation should be competing for and winning the west.
Oh….makes sense. I thought we were both posting on the assumption that Frost would be back in 2022. Peace.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT