ADVERTISEMENT

Scrimmage 2 notes

Fine, let me rephrase (which you knew this is what I was getting at originally).

What is HH's record after playing Minnesota, Colorado, Maryland, Wisconsin and Iowa?

What is Purdy's record after playing Northern Illinois, LaTech, Illinois, Northwest and Purdue?
purdy proved to be a me-first loser. simple as that.

he'd have found a way to lose to ILL or NW or Purdue or all 3.

HH would've beaten MD had he stayed healthy. probably would've given us a better chance against iowa, too, assuming Rhule gets a do-over there, also.

no player is overcoming Rhule's ineptitude in the MN or CO games.

purdy proved to be a me-first loser. simple as that.

he'd have found a way to lose to ILL or NW or Purdue or all 3.

HH would've beaten MD had he stayed healthy. probably would've given us a better chance against iowa, too, assuming Rhule gets a do-over there, also.

no player is overcoming Rhule's ineptitude in the MN or CO games.
An answer filled with emotions and feelings only.

No. Pretty straightforward answer to your hypothetical.

Losers lose, winners win.

We weren’t beating wisc, but it may not have been as close without Chubba’s little scoot.

What’s emotional about that?

In each of the ILL, NW and Pur games, HH made the play that won it for us.

25 yrd TD run, option pass and option pass

Those games were over as soon as those plays were made. We weren’t losing no matter how hard we tried (and we tried).

Purdy doesn’t make those plays. He can’t. If he could’ve, he would’ve. He had a ton of chances and went 0-fer. Makes losing plays instead.

Just a fact.

you would have to use him several times with a similar appearing pass to the flat or a jet sweep with him to make a gadget double pass work with him IMO... You would have to set it up. Then tell him only throw it if the receiver is wide open,
Maybe the old Eric crouch down sideline play ONLY if wide open 🤔

In each of the ILL, NW and Pur games, HH made the play that won it for us.

25 yrd TD run, option pass and option pass

Those games were over as soon as those plays were made. We weren’t losing no matter how hard we tried (and we tried).

Purdy doesn’t make those plays. He can’t. If he could’ve, he would’ve. He had a ton of chances and went 0-fer. Makes losing plays instead.

Just a fact.
It's hilarious to think that was the ONLY way to beat those teams. Also, those 3 did not have good defenses.

Yes, Purdy had a ton of chances, but a ton of chances against much better defenses.

Back to my question. I think HH beats Minnesota & possibly Colorado. He loses to Maryland, Wisconsin & Iowa.

Purdy beats Illinois, NW, Purdue amd of course LaTech & Northern Illinois. I'd argue we beat Maryland with Purdy. He almost pulled it off despite the 4 turnovers before he came in for 1 series.

Season hinges on OL. Can we get 4 yards when we need it? Can we keep our prodigy upright? That’s it. Those questions need to be answered “yes” for every team we play outside of OSU.
And when he gets hurt from the “OSU” team, what happens then? Does uncle get his ass kicked by brother, HCMR, nephew??? Does HH come in and take over?? So many questions…

Season hinges on OL. Can we get 4 yards when we need it? Can we keep our prodigy upright? That’s it. Those questions need to be answered “yes” for every team we play outside of OSU.
^^^This^^^ I think this is the biggest worry most on this board share. I know I do. We can debate the merits and demerits of our various QB’s all day, but it won’t matter who is back there if the offensive line doesn’t do its job. We have a veteran offensive line. Hopefully that translates into a good season. But some of these same guys have underperformed in the past. Other than the play of our freshman QB, this is what I will be scrutinizing in game one. If our line can’t block UTEP’s guys then it will be a huge red flag. Hopefully we come out and pancake the shit out of those guys.

I’ve not heard anyone say he’s the best O linemen but IF it was true it shouldn’t be surprising given Frost’s recruiting and the fact that he’s started at both of his previous stops

Yeah I've heard it said that MM was the best OL as well. I'm not really sure why it's surprising tbh. Our OL has been much maligned for years now. Last year included if we are being honest. I actually think it may be the one position that people are assuming will be a lot better but I'm not there yet.

Benhardt improved a ton last year. I thought Scott was serviceable. I liked what I say from Jenkins the little that I seen of him. Outside of that I wasnt impressed if I'm being honest. I'm definitely in a "I'll believe it when I see it mode" with our OL. The offense in general in fact. So Mazzuca being the best OL doesn't surprise me at all considering how I felt about them as a whole.

Holla

As explained to you multiple times. Those games were won by the defense. Haarberg stats were atrocious and they were not "By far the best" in any facet
image0.jpg
Screenshot_20240825_101018_Chrome.jpg

You are right sir. Not sure why that's hard for some to understand. It's crazy the hill that some choose to die on.

Holla

Where have I overhyped DR? Or even spoken as if he is going to be great? I am on record saying he will make Freshman mistakes and that we will probably only win 6 or 7 games. My one and only point about the QB room is a simple one: HH is not a P5 level QB. And he may indeed be improved. I sure as hell hope so. Because he needs to improve. And if he turns out in the end to be much better than I think then I will be thrilled and back on here admitting I was wrong. Until then I stand by my claim.

Not sure why people can't separate the two. You can say HH wasn't a good QB without over hyping and saying DR is the new Pat Mahomes lol. People act as though if you are saying one the other comes with it. It's almost a political argument in a way lol.

This candidate is not very good...yeah but that guy isn't this it that...Never said he was . All I'm saying is that one guy isn't that good. Not sure what the other guy is yet tbh. I only have them at 6-6 or 7-5 as well. I still don't trust the OL.

Anyways I agree with you brother.

Holla

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Not sure why people can't separate the two. You can say HH wasn't a good QB without over hyping and saying DR is the new Pat Mahomes lol. People act as though if you are saying one the other comes with it. It's almost a political argument in a way lol.

This candidate is not very good...yeah but that guy isn't this it that...Never said he was . All I'm saying is that one guy isn't that good. Not sure what the other guy is yet tbh. I only have them at 6-6 or 7-5 as well. I still don't trust the OL.

Anyways I agree with you brother.

Holla
Thanks!

Yeah I've heard it said that MM was the best OL as well. I'm not really sure why it's surprising tbh. Our OL has been much maligned for years now. Last year included if we are being honest. I actually think it may be the one position that people are assuming will be a lot better but I'm not there yet.

Benhardt improved a ton last year. I thought Scott was serviceable. I liked what I say from Jenkins the little that I seen of him. Outside of that I wasnt impressed if I'm being honest. I'm definitely in a "I'll believe it when I see it mode" with our OL. The offense in general in fact. So Mazzuca being the best OL doesn't surprise me at all considering how I felt about them as a whole.

Holla
Mazzccua has started and played well in 2 different conferences. No shock to me that he is looking like our best olineman. Reading between the lines it seems like his issue is staying focused on and off the field. He appears to be a true road grader.

You are right sir. Not sure why that's hard for some to understand. It's crazy the hill that some choose to die on.

Holla
I would contend that ‘some’ do understand, but they also love getting under the skin of others, perpetuating the verbal sparring that happens on this board.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT