ADVERTISEMENT

Scrimmage 2 notes

So if anyone bets on specific Nebraska game in 2024 based on the results of the 2018 Baylor vs Texas game or the 2017 Baylor vs Oklahoma game, because you know, those games coached by Matt Rhule and were closer than they should have been. Also should have their gambling privileges revoked.
Everyone is basing their optimism on the Rhule improvement curve and an 18 year old kid

Everything is based on something

So if anyone bets on specific Nebraska game in 2024 based on the results of the 2018 Baylor vs Texas game or the 2017 Baylor vs Oklahoma game, because you know, those games coached by Matt Rhule and were closer than they should have been. Also should have their gambling privileges revoked.
Maybe you should save that "revoking privileges" talk for your high school kids and let adults do and bet what they want to bet?

Sounds like you'd be the perfect Gambling Czar in this ****ed up administration.

Everyone is basing their optimism on the Rhule improvement curve and an 18 year old kid

Everything is based on something
I would base it off of UTEP returning only 5 guys that started last year. And it’s his first year at UTEP. Granted, Scotty did have a few guys follow him from Austin Peay, so that may help the transition, but if they’re firing on all cylinders, game 1, on the road, that’ll be pretty damn impressive. Or our crowd noise sucks and Nebraska isn’t a very tough place to play.

I think our D will have something to say about that too.

I would base it off of UTEP returning only 5 guys that started last year. And it’s his first year at UTEP. Granted, Scotty did have a few guys follow him from Austin Peay, so that may help the transition, but if they’re firing on all cylinders, game 1, on the road, that’ll be pretty damn impressive. Or our crowd noise sucks and Nebraska isn’t a very tough place to play.

I think our D will have something to say about that too.
Memorial Stadium has been a very tough place for the home team to play lately. And since our seniors apparently still pucker up when their parents are in town I’m dubious they’ll be loose come kickoff.

We’ve seen nobodies come in and hand it to us for too many years

Hope we win by 50, expecting it to be a game in the 2nd half

Staying completely away from the line. If anything I’d lean under.

Memorial Stadium has been a very tough place for the home team to play lately. And since our seniors apparently still pucker up when their parents are in town I’m dubious they’ll be loose come kickoff.

This is an apples and oranges response, not to your post, but I just wanted to point something out.

In (year 1) at Temple, they turned it over 26 times, in (year 2) 26 times and (year 3) 20 times.

In (year 1) at Baylor, they turned in over 25 times, and in (year 2) 19 times, and (year 3) 20 times.

Obviously doesn't mean this trend has to continue, but if it does, it could be something systemic.

I used a sports reference that didn't use actual numbers, rather it used decimal points on a per game average. Example: .8 fumbles and .7 int = 1.5 per game times 13 games = 19.5 rounded up to 20. If I erred, it was not intentional.

I also didn't look at how many takeaways his defenses had in those years, or the net turnover rate.

I know a few people that saw him play multiple times that say he is legit. And obviously his school was very disappointed when he transferred to us. Kid is one of those guys that just makes plays. From what I have heard we will be better off it he comes in to the game then Purdy.
All the Dutch girls in Orange City were sorry to see him go.

This is an apples and oranges response, not to your post, but I just wanted to point something out.

In (year 1) at Temple, they turned it over 26 times, in (year 2) 26 times and (year 3) 20 times.

In (year 1) at Baylor, they turned in over 25 times, and in (year 2) 19 times, and (year 3) 20 times.

Obviously doesn't mean this trend has to continue, but if it does, it could be something systemic.

I used a sports reference that didn't use actual numbers, rather it used decimal points on a per game average. Example: .8 fumbles and .7 int = 1.5 per game times 13 games = 19.5 rounded up to 20. If I erred, it was not intentional.

I also didn't look at how many takeaways his defenses had in those years, or the net turnover rate.
At this point, the season is so close to happening I don't need any more historical analytic studies to predict what's going to happen. Season 2 actuals will tell us if there's been a jump or not from season 1. So now we just wait for the reality.

here is how much the hype train is rolling:

at this moment, we are less than 3 TD underdogs in the horseshoe against what everyone is calling the best Ohiost team ever
I keep looking at that juicy line...That game SCREAMS 45-14.

I always bet on the Husker game no matter what, for or against or the totals.

Right now I grabbed NU -19 (weird glitch or something) and I am interest in the totals, no clue what they will be but UTEP will probably struggle to get 20.

At this point, the season is so close to happening I don't need any more historical analytic studies to predict what's going to happen. Season 2 actuals will tell us if there's been a jump or not from season 1. So now we just wait for the reality.
My point, more than anything is, even though they turned the ball over again in Year 2, overall as a team they had improved enough to win several more games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT