ADVERTISEMENT

Scott Shanle wasted 15 minutes of my life.

SeaOfRed75

Senior
Dec 5, 2010
Jesus Christ, what an idiot.

Talked to Adam Carriker on Carriker Chronicles.

IDIOT. Said nothing specific about who we should have hired. Said nothing to answer questions when Carriker asked him something.

Maybe running for office is in his future. Felt like I was listening to a politician.

He’s entitled to his opinion I don’t agree and time will tell
I agree.

Just say something. Blathering on and on saying nothing, not answering questions.

Only vague mentions of NFL guys not liking him and Joe Brady. Never said who we should have hired. And if he thinks it's Mickey, **** off Shanle.

IDIOT. Said nothing specific about who we should have hired. Said nothing to answer questions when Carriker asked him something.

Maybe running for office is in his future. Felt like I was listening to a politician.
I listened to it and he did have legitimate concerns: Rhule's squads didn't beat a ranked team and has jumped jobs frequently in the past. He also seemed to be concerned that he wouldn't be able to recruit difference makers, although he also said that the easiest way to recruit well is to win - which Rhule has generally done.
The contract we signed him to was pretty huge, too, and if things don't go well it could be worse than the Frost debacle: He won't be protected by insiders/media and it will be more difficult financially to get rid of him.
What he didn't discuss his who we could have hired that would be better. I 'm guessing Urban but that wasn't going to happen, and there would be plenty of critics for that hire too.

He was also worried that if successful he would eventually jump to PSU if that job opened up, which to me would be fine - it would mean he turned the program arround and we would have plenty of money to hire a replacement.

Bottom line is that if we hire someone outside the Husker umbrella, there are going to be some former players that will find issues.

I listened to it and he did have legitimate concerns: Rhule's squads didn't beat a ranked team and has jumped jobs frequently in the past. He also seemed to be concerned that he wouldn't be able to recruit difference makers, although he also said that the easiest way to recruit well is to win - which Rhule has generally done.
The contract we signed him to was pretty huge, too, and if things don't go well it could be worse than the Frost debacle: He won't be protected by insiders/media and it will be more difficult financially to get rid of him.
What he didn't discuss his who we could have hired that would be better. I 'm guessing Urban but that wasn't going to happen, and there would be plenty of critics for that hire too.

He was also worried that if successful he would eventually jump to PSU if that job opened up, which to me would be fine - it would mean he turned the program arround and we would have plenty of money to hire a replacement.

Bottom line is that if we hire someone outside the Husker umbrella, there are going to be some former players that will find issues.
Haven't seen buyout

I listened to him on both the morning and evening programs on 1620. He thinks that Fickell is far more proven than Rhule, and would have preferred Trev to have gotten him. He also thinks that it would have been better to ax Frost after Y4 and have gone hard after someone like Lincoln Riley or Urban.

Reactions: king_kong_
I listened to him on both the morning and evening programs on 1620. He thinks that Fickell is far more proven than Rhule, and would have preferred Trev to have gotten him. He also thinks that it would have been better to ax Frost after Y4 and have gone hard after someone like Lincoln Riley or Urban.
Wow those are some seriously off the wall takes!

Maybe somebody should start another thread about it?

• Love
Reactions: Tuco Salamanca
Careful with how you talk about politicians. There are people on this board who are of the belief that THEIR politicians never do anything wrong, but all other politicians are crooked as hell.

Reactions: Baxter48

I actually wanted to hear were he was coming from, so I listened on 1620 yesterday. After listening to him, I don't really need to hear anymore. He pretty much contradicted himself throughout the interview.

Nebraska could have done so much better. We need to win now, not in three years! .....then, seconds later, I would have been okay with Mickey getting a three year deal for fiscal responsibility. 😆

Reactions: JOHNNY N
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT