ADVERTISEMENT

Scott Frost sighting

Reality is a number of people on this board simply need to grow up.

Frost was a legendary QB for us who got booed in his 3rd career start (only time I can ever remember a player/team getting booed in Memorial) and then went on to have what is likely the best season a QB has ever had at Nebraska in 1997.

He didn't really want to come back because he knew the tremendous amount of pressure; but he did.

Didn't work out. We all just need to move on.
Mmmmm not so sure about that booing fact. There were a few boos before that and a lot of groans on some prior qbs and since etc. BUT, I would agree that his were probably the loudest to date at that time

Reactions: moralvictories
Reality is a number of people on this board simply need to grow up.

Frost was a legendary QB for us who got booed in his 3rd career start (only time I can ever remember a player/team getting booed in Memorial) and then went on to have what is likely the best season a QB has ever had at Nebraska in 1997.

He didn't really want to come back because he knew the tremendous amount of pressure; but he did.

Didn't work out. We all just need to move on.
Well no actually back in 1981 the fans were booing TO for not playing Turner Gill and starting Mark Maurer, Nebraska fell behind Auburn 3-0 at the half..

Turner Gill started the 2 half and went on to win 17-3 ad Gill was the starter till he was injured in the Iowa State game..

I happen to be at the game in the North end zone that day and yes we booed the team heading into the locker room..

Excessive alcohol consumption causes bad things to happen. I'm referring to Bill Moos, not Frost. Moos was already getting noticed for his drinking during the fall of 2018 and in January 2019 Carter and Green issued a joint statement saying the rumors of him being a drunk were groundless. Moos gave Frost his extension in November 2019, late in a 5-7 losing season. I have to think with everything going on with Moos he wasn't thinking clearly, but Ronnie Green approved the extension, and I'm not sure what his excuse was.

If Frost had been fired after the 2021 season with a few million severance I doubt people would be so angry. But having to be fired mid season and banking $16M pisses people off. And as much as I like Trev, he should have pulled the trigger after 2021, but in retrospect if he had we wouldn't have Rhule.

He will always be respected for handing the ball off to Ahman Green behind the Pipeline with the Blackshirts holding down the fort. Absolutely correct.
Pipeline was in 94. And as soon as Osborne knew he had to run Frost more than he would like to run a QB, he went more Ace split formations to make it happen and the dude added a dimension to the offense that made it even more difficult to stop. Solich's mistake was not using those formations more often with Crouch since he liked to keep it more often.

Reactions: maplesyrup95
He still ran for over a thousand yards and 19 touchdowns(plus 3 more in a dominant Orange Bowl win over Peyton Manning). He wasn't perfect and was a terrible coach, but he did his job on a national title winning team.
People forget Osborne had to soften the box with passes in the 98 orange against Tennessee who were putting 9 in the box. Frost doesn't get enough credit for that game.

Reactions: Bugeater
Channel 9 Reaction GIF by Married At First Sight
I'm at a loss at what happened with Frost and always will be.

Reactions: Spectrumalaska
People forget Osborne had to soften the box with passes in the 98 orange against Tennessee who were putting 9 in the box. Frost doesn't get enough credit for that game.
we threw 12 passes

Ahman ran for 200+ on nearly 30 carries

we threw 12 passes

Ahman ran for 200+ on nearly 30 carries

RollingLaugh It's amazing the lengths some people will go to to make Frost look like some sort of amazing QB or OC or head coach, even after the blatant, in-your-face heist that spanned 5 years.

Frost didn't get enough credit for that game? He got about $40 million for that game. And he had a good month to practice 12 passes, 33% of his completions being to the Orange Bowl MVP Ahman Green.

Reactions: king_kong_
RollingLaugh It's amazing the lengths some people will go to to make Frost look like some sort of amazing QB or OC or head coach, even after the blatant, in-your-face heist that spanned 5 years.

Frost didn't get enough credit for that game? He got about $40 million for that game. And he had a good month to practice 12 passes, 33% of his completions being to the Orange Bowl MVP Ahman Green.
Doesn't negate the fact he had to throw the ball to soften that defense up in the first half. Tennessees defense came to play. But I'm sure you think Green immediately put them on skates even though 159 of his 206 rushing yards came in the third quarter alone.

Excessive alcohol consumption causes bad things to happen. I'm referring to Bill Moos, not Frost. Moos was already getting noticed for his drinking during the fall of 2018 and in January 2019 Carter and Green issued a joint statement saying the rumors of him being a drunk were groundless. Moos gave Frost his extension in November 2019, late in a 5-7 losing season. I have to think with everything going on with Moos he wasn't thinking clearly, but Ronnie Green approved the extension, and I'm not sure what his excuse was.

If Frost had been fired after the 2021 season with a few million severance I doubt people would be so angry. But having to be fired mid season and banking $16M pisses people off. And as much as I like Trev, he should have pulled the trigger after 2021, but in retrospect if he had we wouldn't have Rhule.
Ronnie Green is likely an academics guy who doesn't know a lot about sports, so he probably went along with Moos because he trusted Moos to do the right thing.

Fvck that. Dude won a natty as a player here. He's should always welcome.
You know what they say, you are only as good as your last 'at bat'.. he's not welcome as far as I'm concerned.. besides, look at him in that pic.. he looks like a drunk bum, and that's probably exactly what he is.

he turned his back on TO then came crawling back only to lead our offense to the most recent shutout we've suffered to date

we didn't need him to win the title in '97
Well Frankie London was a solid backup player, And looked good in one drive versus UCF I believe (they had Daunte Culpepper), But who knows if he would’ve been a great quarterback full time. Frost certainly played well against Washington, and against Tennessee-if you actually watched Nebraska games you would remember Frost backed their defense off with passes to Newcombe et al.

Reactions: Bruce1981
To me it’s not that he failed but it’s more about the extracurricular activities. If he was an absolute grinder and he did everything he could possibly do to get us back on track - I would understand he just didn’t have it and we move on.

But when you come in like a cocky, entitled tool and then don’t put the work in … screw that.

Golden tee showed who he was every time he threw Riley and the players under the bus to try and compensate for his lack of effort and drive.
I was very disappointed in him for several reasons but even the prodigal son was welcomed home.

Reactions: Spectrumalaska
Doesn't negate the fact he had to throw the ball to soften that defense up in the first half. Tennessees defense came to play. But I'm sure you think Green immediately put them on skates even though 159 of his 206 rushing yards came in the third quarter alone.

I'm sorry but Scott Frost has never in his life softened up a defense by throwing the football. Have you seen the man throw a football? Bill Walsh went full Whipple on Frost for a reason. If you want to give someone credit, for God's sake give Osborne the damn credit. Let's just be real.

I'm sorry but Scott Frost has never in his life softened up a defense by throwing the football. Have you seen the man throw a football? Bill Walsh went full Whipple on Frost for a reason. If you want to give someone credit, for God's sake give Osborne the damn credit. Let's just be real.
Frost did throw the passes, yes?
It even had the announcers talking about it.

Regardless of Osborne’s prowess, Frost did throw those passes.

Then they ran the ball down Tennessee’s defense all second half.

Call it what you want, I saw an offense that surprised me watching from home. I completely agree that the successful passing in first half set the run game up for the second.

Frost is welcome back for that Championship alone.
What followed we all sadly witnessed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT