ADVERTISEMENT

Scott Frost sighting

Obviously it didn't work out but you can't discount what he did as a player. It appeared he also tried here at first but he wasn't the guy.
he turned his back on TO then came crawling back only to lead our offense to the most recent shutout we've suffered to date

we didn't need him to win the title in '97

• Haha
Reactions: Bugeater
Reality is a number of people on this board simply need to grow up.

Frost was a legendary QB for us who got booed in his 3rd career start (only time I can ever remember a player/team getting booed in Memorial) and then went on to have what is likely the best season a QB has ever had at Nebraska in 1997.

He didn't really want to come back because he knew the tremendous amount of pressure; but he did.

Didn't work out. We all just need to move on.

Obviously it didn't work out but you can't discount what he did as a player. It appeared he also tried here at first but he wasn't the guy.

Agreed, I think Scote came home believing (and with full intent) he could resurrect his alma mater. But when things went south, circumstantially and of his own doing, he mailed in his last 1.3 seasons here. He just wasn’t ready for the big time.

Nebraska fans need to let him go and move on.

let-him-go-mr-miyagi.gif

I truly hope he can land somewhere and be a great success like he did at Oregon and UCF. Nebraska fans (spoken loosely) should be ashamed of themselves how they crucify him. Forgive him and move on!

Nobody crucified him. Yes, some people need to let it go, but we did pay him generational money to turn this program around and he failed miserably. Fans don’t need to be ashamed for not wanting him to be the coach any longer.

Also… I too hope he can find success coaching somewhere else.

Will always appreciate what he did as a player, but he has to live with the honor of being the worst Husker coach in the history of the university.
Facts. Really unfortunate, but that is the chance both the school and player chose to take. Patrick Ewing did the same at Georgetown…..and was absolutely abysmal.

Reactions: hephusker
IDK. He's past in more ways than one. Only one I like to remember. I will say, he's looking quite punchable in that picture though. Glad we're keeping tabs on him 🙄

Fvck that. Dude won a natty as a player here. He's should always welcome.
His net impact here is deep in the red

when we needed him most, he was out to lunch

his name in this state is synonymous with Ls

fans were right to boo his bum ass in '96 just like they'd be right to do it today, tomorrow and any day henceforth

Reactions: SeaOfRed75

fans were right to boo his bum ass in '96 just like they'd be right to do it today, tomorrow and any day henceforth
No. He won a natty. That last one we've seen. He should be always be welcome.

Last edited:
Nobody crucified him. Yes, some people need to let it go, but we did pay him generational money to turn this program around and he failed miserably. Fans don’t need to be ashamed for not wanting him to be the coach any longer.

To me it’s not that he failed but it’s more about the extracurricular activities. If he was an absolute grinder and he did everything he could possibly do to get us back on track - I would understand he just didn’t have it and we move on.

But when you come in like a cocky, entitled tool and then don’t put the work in … screw that.

Golden tee showed who he was every time he threw Riley and the players under the bus to try and compensate for his lack of effort and drive.

I truly hope he can land somewhere and be a great success like he did at Oregon and UCF. Nebraska fans (spoken loosely) should be ashamed of themselves how they crucify him. Forgive him and move on!

Yeah Frost was treated better by Nebraska fans than he would have been by any other fanbase in the country with the results he had. Compare him to Dan Mullen who was hired at the same time. Mullen was much better at Florida than Frost was at Nebraska(first 3 seasons were pretty good), yet in year 4 Florida fans all wanted him out and got their wish; he didn't even get to finish the season. Meanwhile Frost had tons of defenders in year 4 even as we went 3-9 and 1-8 in the Big ten. The close losses were treated as moral victories and evidence we were close. I was one of the ones on here that wanted him fired after year 4 and was definitely in the minority on this board and we were treated like we were crazy for wanting to fire a losing coach.

Any other major program and Frost would have not survived his 3rd losing season. That is the danger of hiring a hometown hero. His leash was longer than it should have been and Moos giving him an extension was insane. Outside of the Jimbo Fisher extension, it was probably the dumbest extension in modern college football history. Frost was treated very well by Nebraska fans and the University. Anyone arguing otherwise is crazy.

Sure, he should always be respected for what he did as a player. That 97 team sometimes gets overshadowed by the 95 team, but all 3 of those undefeated national champ teams should be celebrated and honored like crazy considering the decades of suck that have come since.

Sure, he should always be respected for what he did as a player. That 97 team sometimes gets overshadowed by the 95 team, but all 3 of those undefeated national champ teams should be celebrated and honored like crazy considering the decades of suck that have come since.

He will always be respected for handing the ball off to Ahman Green behind the Pipeline with the Blackshirts holding down the fort. Absolutely correct.

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
He will always be respected for handing the ball off to Ahman Green behind the Pipeline with the Blackshirts holding down the fort. Absolutely correct.
Would you say the same for Tommie Frazier or Brook Berringer? After all, they played behind lines that were considered better, had top defensive talent protecting the end zone, and had Green and Phillips to hand off to.

Like him or not, without Frost in 1997, Nebraska does NOT win a NC.

Would you say the same for Tommie Frazier or Brook Berringer? After all, they played behind lines that were considered better, had top defensive talent protecting the end zone, and had Green and Phillips to hand off to.

Like him or not, without Frost in 1997, Nebraska does NOT win a NC.

As much as I love those guys, see below.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr.Scary13

Shame on the fans who booed Scott Frost in 1996.

He still ran for over a thousand yards and 19 touchdowns(plus 3 more in a dominant Orange Bowl win over Peyton Manning). He wasn't perfect and was a terrible coach, but he did his job on a national title winning team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT