ADVERTISEMENT

Scott Frost Press Conference

Looks and sounds lost, dejected and cannot wait to get out of the pressed?
No. He sounds dejected yes. We all are. I would be upset if he wasn't dejected. Lost? Not at all. Reporters were pressing him for details but he realizes that the issues were across the board and so he just spoke generically about getting better in all phases. And I agree.

Scott is a great coach, you do not have the turnaround at UCF in two years without being a great coach. He will get the turnovers and penalties fixed, that is what is killing this team and the fact that this is a young team. They must learn how to win, patience is key.

Somehow, the upper classmen have to start finding ways of helping this team win, you simply need that in order to finish a game with a victory. As bad as it looked today, Nebraska still had a shot to win. Problem is, will they (juniors/seniors) light a fire amongst themselves and the team sometime soon, or will there just be smoke and nothing else?

Somehow, the upper classmen have to start finding ways of helping this team win, you simply need that in order to finish a game with a victory. As bad as it looked today, Nebraska still had a shot to win. Problem is, will they (juniors/seniors) light a fire amongst themselves and the team sometime soon, or will there just be smoke and nothing else?
Go back and watch morgans td catch.. he didnt want to celebrate with anyone and was ALL business... thats the leadership i want to see.. he was pissed it took that long to score and i liked seeing that..it will come

I told my wife as I was holding our 3 month year old, after Bunch threw the pick with 2 min left, that in ten years from now I’d tell my son that Frost actually started out 0-2 as a HC for us. I said he would never believe me. And I 100% believe that will happen

I'm going to post this everywhere: Pete Carroll was 2-5 and had decided to bench CARSON PALMER in his first year. Norm Chow made him play Carson in the first half of the next game, and the rest is history. Great coaches/Great players can look bad while they are building a foundation. That being said...losing to a team that was 11-2 last year, a team that spanked LSU, is nothing to be ashamed of...it is fan ignorance that thinks Troy should be a walk over. Troy could have competed with UCF last year.

I'm going to post this everywhere: Pete Carroll was 2-5 and had decided to bench CARSON PALMER in his first year. Norm Chow made him play Carson in the first half of the next game, and the rest is history. Great coaches/Great players can look bad while they are building a foundation. That being said...losing to a team that was 11-2 last year, a team that spanked LSU, is nothing to be ashamed of...it is fan ignorance that thinks Troy should be a walk over. Troy could have competed with UCF last year.
Go sing it on the mountains, still doesn’t make it right. This team has no business losing to Troy at home. This isn’t 2017 troy

I told my wife as I was holding our 3 month year old, after Bunch threw the pick with 2 min left, that in ten years from now I’d tell my son that Frost actually started out 0-2 as a HC for us. I said he would never believe me. And I 100% believe that will happen
Watch the games now...because once he hits 2 you won't get to watch the games like you want.

Troy lost more than half of their starters from last year, including their entire defensive line and 4-year starting QB. Their new QB had zero stars out of high school. They were down 42-7 to Boise State at home. This was not a good team we lost to.

No kidding!

See...we are running, no, sprinting through the stages of grief for fans. We did anger and we did that one well...some are at acceptance...but others are in denial. That denial is going to start with how Troy is actually a really good team and might be "this years UCF"

Reactions: Sinomatic
Scott Frost and his staff are not the problem. The problem is you have a roster of players with the same entitled attitude as some of the fans. They all thought that just because Frost came back that they would automatically be good. When they see that they aren’t, they blame the coaches. It’s why you’ve never risen above mediocre in the last 15 years.

Frost will clear them all out and lose a lot of games in the process. If Moos doesn’t cave to fam pressure, Frost will get Nebraska winning again. It will NOT happen as fast as it did at UCF though. He has a bigger mess to clean up in Lincoln because the current payers don’t have the character that the UCF players had.

Troy lost more than half of their starters from last year, including their entire defensive line and 4-year starting QB. Their new QB had zero stars out of high school. They were down 42-7 to Boise State at home. This was not a good team we lost to.

Returning 10 starters from an 11 win team is no catastrophe...their qbs were better than ours...their wrs, better than ours...they caught passes and didn't fumble or have a half dozen penalties. Their lbs could run with our wrs.. they may not go 11-2 this year but they are by no means inferior to us in any way. This just shows how little speed and physicality we have right now. A soft/slow team who expects to lose, and who transfers or quits at the first sign of trouble is our final gift from MR.

Don’t blame him. He already has the same amount of losses as a coach as he did as a player. That’s 3 years as a player vs 2 games as a coach.
Yes, he only was on the losing end twice but that first loss in his first start at ASU was a pretty low moment. Two time defending national champs who beat ASU by 50 in ‘95 get shut out in ‘96. I live in AZ and of course was at that game and so were a lot of other Husker fans. Scott couldn’t have gotten a job in NE as a dog catcher after that game and even though he was a young man it obviously didn’t destroy him. He’s plenty tough enough to handle what is looking like a dismal year. I only hope his players are as tough as he is.

With a healthy AMart this is a different Husker team, and a different outcome today.
Go beat Meatchicken next week .

Scott Frost and his staff are not the problem. The problem is you have a roster of players with the same entitled attitude as some of the fans. They all thought that just because Frost came back that they would automatically be good. When they see that they aren’t, they blame the coaches. It’s why you’ve never risen above mediocre in the last 15 years.

Frost will clear them all out and lose a lot of games in the process. If Moos doesn’t cave to fam pressure, Frost will get Nebraska winning again. It will NOT happen as fast as it did at UCF though. He has a bigger mess to clean up in Lincoln because the current payers don’t have the character that the UCF players had.
Thats not what most of your fans keep telling us.... "chins is the problem"Is all weve heard.. which i dont believe to be true and you have NO idea what our players character is so to comment on it is stupid.. i agree frost and his staff are not the problem.. why dont you go root for your own team and let us work our issues out. Your opinion as well as the rest of ypur butt hurt fans isnt needed or wanted here

Reactions: SOHusker11
Yes, he only was on the losing end twice but that first loss in his first start at ASU was a pretty low moment. Two time defending national champs who beat ASU by 50 in ‘95 get shut out in ‘96. I live in AZ and of course was at that game and so were a lot of other Husker fans. Scott couldn’t have gotten a job in NE as a dog catcher after that game and even though he was a young man it obviously didn’t destroy him. He’s plenty tough enough to handle what is looking like a dismal year. I only hope his players are as tough as he is.

Could you imagine what this board would have looked like in 1996? Losing to Arizona State and losing to Texas. Both losses are in my top 5 most painful. Especially that A-State loss. When Fright night got 80 years in prison, “I said good, I hate that dude”.

Go back and watch morgans td catch.. he didnt want to celebrate with anyone and was ALL business... thats the leadership i want to see.. he was pissed it took that long to score and i liked seeing that..it will come
I noticed this as well and I was impressed. I’m a get off my lawn guy and hate seeing celebrations on every freaking play. It was refreshing to see a guy realize the situation he was in.

despite playing a 4th string qb and mistakes everywhere, we still had a chance to win with 2 and some minutes left.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Go sing it on the mountains, still doesn’t make it right. This team has no business losing to Troy at home. This isn’t 2017 troy

Bunch is the next Carson Palmer

Hilarious... a decent Troy team.

There’s no talent in Nebraska. He was better off at UCF where he can get the speed he needs for his offense. This isn’t the 90s anymore... all of the elite talent is staying closer to home... not going to the middle of nowhere. Good luck!

Hilarious... a decent Troy team.

There’s no talent in Nebraska. He was better off at UCF where he can get the speed he needs for his offense. This isn’t the 90s anymore... all of the elite talent is staying closer to home... not going to the middle of nowhere. Good luck!

How come its always the 90s one uses to try and tell us why Nebraska didn't win this game or that?

Nebraska probably has won more games in the last 10 years than the team you root for.

You, and many like you post here to do nothing but act like the hole that the world sh*ts through. But then again, maybe you aren't acting. You sound like the real deal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT