ADVERTISEMENT

Scott Frost could potentially save his career if the does this

antirowboat

Junior
Jan 30, 2021
Become a CEO and stop being a coordinator. Hire a real OC and let that person run things on that side of the ball. No longer call plays. Oversee the team, not one side of the ball. Scrap this Oregon and UCF bullshit and go to an offense where the rushing game is focused on the RB, TE usage, and deep play action passes. And run option plays more often. Let the offense run through the OL, RB's, and TE's, and deep passes to WR's. Take the pressure away from the QB spot.

Scott doesn't strike me as the top-down authoritative leadership type, but I could be wrong.

Solich handed over play-calling duties to Barney Cotton under similar circumstances in 2003, and things did seem to improve. A much easier schedule sort of masked the actual level of improvement that year, though.

EDIT: I think I have early onset dementia.

Become a CEO and stop being a coordinator. Hire a real OC and let that person run things on that side of the ball. No longer call plays. Oversee the team, not one side of the ball. Scrap this Oregon and UCF bullshit and go to an offense where the rushing game is focused on the RB, TE usage, and deep play action passes. And run option plays more often. Let the offense run through the OL, RB's, and TE's, and deep passes to WR's. Take the pressure away from the QB spot.
"Become a CEO and stop being a coordinator. Hire a real OC and let that person run things on that side of the ball. No longer call plays. Oversee the team, not one side of the ball. Scrap this Oregon and UCF bullshit"

Frost is too stupid and arrogant to do this.

I can't see Frost giving up being in charge of the offense. If he were smart, he'd throw the bank at the Wake Forest offensive coordinator, that offense would work well here.

But I fully expect him to hire someone like Mickey Joseph as another OC in Name Only....and we'll be having the same conversation one year from now.

If you want a coach to be a CEO, you hire a guy that isn't an X and O guy and let him be a relationship manager.

Look at Joey McGuire, the new coach at Texas Tech. He was a career high school coach until he went to Baylor 5 years ago. At Baylor he has coached TE, DL and LBs. He has never been a college coordinator but he was the associate head coach for Ruhle and for Aranda at Baylor because he is the CEO type.

I just don't think Frost is that guy. I also have a hard time thinking Frost is just going to let go of the offense. He made his name as a coach, calling plays and running offenses.

Reactions: itseasyas1-2-3
Scott doesn't strike me as the top-down authoritative leadership type, but I could be wrong.

Solich handed over play-calling duties to Barney Cotton under similar circumstances in 2003, and things did seem to improve. A much easier schedule sort of masked the actual level of improvement that year, though.

EDIT: I think I have early onset dementia.
FYI, early onset of dementia is referred to as CRS. (Can't remember shit).

If you want a coach to be a CEO, you hire a guy that isn't an X and O guy and let him be a relationship manager.

Look at Joey McGuire, the new coach at Texas Tech. He was a career high school coach until he went to Baylor 5 years ago. At Baylor he has coached TE, DL and LBs. He has never been a college coordinator but he was the associate head coach for Ruhle and for Aranda at Baylor because he is the CEO type.

I just don't think Frost is that guy. I also have a hard time thinking Frost is just going to let go of the offense. He made his name as a coach, calling plays and running offenses.
I heard that if Frost started to call plays, Trev was just gonna cut the feed to his headset.

Reactions: BleedRed78
If Frost truly only has one or maybe two more years he doesn't have the time to let somebody else come in and coordinate their own offense unless it is very similar to what he's running now.

apply for the job.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT