ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday, March 26th: Nebraska vs Michigan - (Huskers lose 8-6)

Michigan lineup:

RF Elliot
CF Stewart
3B Frey
C Obertop
1B Burton
LF Flores
SS Bertram
DH Rogers
2B Johnson

P Weston
Shut us out for 7 innings in 2021 on Saturday

@RobsterMobster you got pbp today?

Last edited:
Michigan lineup:

RF Elliot
CF Stewart
3B Frey
C Obertop
1B Burton
LF Flores
SS Bertram
DH Rogers
2B Johnson

P Weston
Shut us out for 7 innings in 2021 on Saturday

@RobsterMobster you got pbp today?
Yep I should be able to update for the most part. I’m at the game today so as long as the kiddos behave I shouldn’t get too distracted. Ha

Shay goes 1-2-3 with a K to start off the 1st.

After a Matthews line out to LF Chick works a walk to put a runner on 1st. Anderson K’s and Chick is caught stealing 2nd to end the inning.

zeros through one

30 pitches in to the game and Schanaman hasn't even thrown 5 FB's. That's really, really bad for a SP.

Lead off walk to start of the 2nd. The next batter K’s. A HBP puts them on 1st and 2nd. Line out to 1st for out #2. Two RBI double off the right centerfield wall gives Michigan the early 2-0 lead. G6 ends the top half.

Huskers go 1-2-3

2-0 Michigan after 2

1-2-3 for Shay in the top of the 3rd.

A two out single through the left side for Sartori gives the Huskers their first hit of the game. A WP moves him the 2nd. Matthews hits an RBI single to Left field! Advances to 2nd on the throw home. Chick K’s to end the inning.

2-1 Michigan after 3

Shay starts off the inning getting two straight K’s but then gives up back to back singles to put runners on 1st and 2nd. A WP advances the runners to 2nd and 3rd but a K ends the threat.

After an Everitt walk and a groundout to the pitcher moves him to 2nd Jessen drills an RBI triple to CF to tie the game at 2! Steil K’s to end the inning.

2-2

Leadoff homerun gives Michigan the lead. The next battte walks. A G6 gets the lead runner at 2nd for the first out. A homer gives Michigan a 5-2 lead and ends the day for Shay as Bragg comes in to relieve him. Fly out to CF and a K end the top half.

Leadoff walk for Chick. Anderson flies out to LF. Everitt with a single through the right side puts runners on the corners. Anglim with an RBI single through the left side puts runners on 1st and 2nd. A grounder to SS by Jessen gets the runner at 2nd for the 2nd out and puts them on the corners. Banjoff comes in to pinch hit as he works a full count but grounds out to end the inning.

5-3 Michigan after 6

Huskers give up an unearned run in the top of the 7th but bottom of the 7th and top of the 8th result in no score change as we head to the bottom of the 8th.

Anglim is having a career weekend. Jessen stepping up today. Gomes up with 2 on and 1 out, we're down 6-5.

That missed 3rd strike call is the difference in the game so far!

Lead off walk for Chick and an RBI double for Anderson makes it a 6-4 game. Everitt flies out. Anglim singles to LF to put runners on the corners. Jessen with an RBI single to CF makes it a 6-5 game! Gomes K’s. Jackson with an infield RBI single to tie the game at 6-6! Sartori K’s

Why do they keep giving him opportunities to fail? We don’t make that change and we are probably leading this game.

Banjoff PH'd for Steil and Banjo can't play 1B so Gomes came in after Banjo grounded out the inning before. So it's either Gomes at 1B or Cervantes at 3B with Anderson at 1B. I'd prefer Cervantes but it is what it is.

Reactions: Can o' corn
Emmett Olson should never see the weekend again. 0-damn-2 & he pipes a FB right down the middle of the plate. My goodness, that's elementary level.

Max's error allowed Michigan to have a chance.

Banjoff PH'd for Steil and Banjo can't play 1B so Gomes came in after Banjo grounded out the inning before. So it's either Gomes at 1B or Cervantes at 3B with Anderson at 1B. I'd prefer Cervantes but it is what it is.

I'm with you and Efry probably would have made the play that Max booted.

Well, the left side of the infield hurt us again. The dropped fly by Chick was huge too. Very disappointing.

We just don’t have the pitching this year. I’m also worried about next year regarding pitching. Hitting will be ok this year as the freshman grow more confident. But good grief we are so inconsistent pitching.

Reactions: Hskrbsbl2020
We just don’t have the pitching this year. I’m also worried about next year regarding pitching. Hitting will be ok this year as the freshman grow more confident. But good grief we are so inconsistent pitching.

Not worried one bit about pitching in 2023.

How can we blame pitching today when Max's error is the difference in the game, literally? Make a routine play and it's a clean 9th with a chance to walk them off.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
Need to win the series tomorrow. 2 out of 3 at home always. As others have noted the pitching and defense have have to be better…19 runs on Friday and Saturday combined is plenty good enough. But giving up 17 is a real issue.

Pitching didn't lose today's game.

Could be but allowing 6 earned runs isn’t good enough in my eyes. Defense let them down at the end but both pitching and defense need to be better. Giving up a total of 17 runs in 18 innings is not winning baseball - even in pony league.

Could be but allowing 6 earned runs isn’t good enough in my eyes. Defense let them down at the end but both pitching and defense need to be better. Giving up a total of 17 runs in 18 innings is not winning baseball - even in pony league.

Bragg made the pitch necessary to get an out, Max screwed up a routine play. 6 was good enough to win today, period. Don't give a damn what happened yesterday as the offense won that game.

Reactions: k9_r
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT