ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday Game 1: Nebraska vs. Ohio State (Huskers lose 9-7)

Indiana beat Maryland in their game 1. So, we missed on that opportunity to go up on the Terps. Crap.

Reactions: saluno22
So freaking frustrating to lose to teams like this on a routine basis. Losing Friday scares me as I have no confidence in Burkamper to get a Saturday win.

Their starter was pulled before the suspension of play due to injury.
Not sure I'm understanding your reasons. OSU mentally showed up and unfortunately Nebraska didn't. Let's hope we can get a 9th inning rally and it's irrelevant
What I meant was Hohensee was rolling and we had already gotten past their starter, so if the game was finished last night, we probably win.
But yes, we mentally didn't show up to play today at the resumption of play.

What I meant was Hohensee was rolling and we had already gotten past their starter, so if the game was finished last night, we probably win.
But yes, we mentally didn't show up to play today at the resumption of play.
I agree with that. My frustration lays with the sleep walk mentality by the players and the coaching staff to finish the game today. A game we quite honestly had to win. I agree it's bad luck but we still have to adapt and win that game and unfortunately we didn't. Just seems to become a normal feeling for this staff when facing adversity.

ADVERTISEMENT