ADVERTISEMENT

Sad

Will you at least answer one question for me? Do you believe that there is a conspiracy wherein the Big Ten refs have all agreed to not call holding calls, and only holding calls, against Nebraska's opponent?
Go back and re read my whole post I think you’ll find my answer to that question some where around the third paragraph... i

Reactions: headcard
Will you at least answer one question for me? Do you believe that there is a conspiracy wherein the Big Ten refs have all agreed to not call holding calls, and only holding calls, against Nebraska's opponent?
Why? So you guys can start another thread on the iowa board about how husker fans are whiny conspiracy believing psychos? Gtfo

Go back and re read my whole post I think you’ll find my answer to that question some where around the third paragraph... i

I cannot find where you specifically answer that question. I hate to make you repeat yourself, but at the risk of being rude, could you please just answer that one question. I will repeat it:

Do you believe that there is a conspiracy wherein the Big Ten refs have all agreed to not call holding calls, and only holding calls, against Nebraska's opponent?

it seems autoerotic asphyxiation is about to claim yet another iowa fan

hilarious

Why? So you guys can start another thread on the iowa board about how husker fans are whiny conspiracy believing psychos? Gtfo

I guess if you truly believe in it, what does it matter? Right? At that point, assuming of course that the conspiracy does exist, the Iowa fans would be the unreasonable ones. So please:

Do you believe that there is a conspiracy wherein the Big Ten refs have all agreed to not call holding calls, and only holding calls, against Nebraska's opponent?

For 21 straight B1G games from 2016-2018 no holding calls and none this season in 2020 up to this point can’t be a coincidence..

I guess if you truly believe in it, what does it matter? Right? At that point, assuming of course that the conspiracy does exist, the Iowa fans would be the unreasonable ones. So please:

live look inside this guy's mom/aunt's basement:

bell-ringer-jack-off-o.gif

Reactions: headcard and Swiv3D
choosing your handle based on what's shoved up your ass>>>>>>>>>

right @KinnicksRightFoot ??

high-five on just a stupendously pathetic effort in this thread. go back to the trough and tell the rest of the hogboys kurt & kin should be fired, loser.

Reactions: Swiv3D
I cannot find where you specifically answer that question. I hate to make you repeat yourself, but at the risk of being rude, could you please just answer that one question. I will repeat it:

I’ll tell you the same thing I tell my kids, I’m not going to give you the answer buddy, you won’t learn if I do...

sooo I’ll let you work on your reading comprehension skills and read between the lines.... I’ll give you some advice life isn’t always going to spell the answer out for you, you’ll have to figure it... so no I didn’t spell out my answer but if my kids can read it and pick up my stance I’m sure you’ll you’ll figure it out too... maybe 🤔🤷🏻‍♂️

I’ll tell you the same thing I tell my kids, I’m not going to give you the answer buddy, you won’t learn if I do...

sooo I’ll let you work on your reading comprehension skills and read between the lines.... I’ll give you some advice life isn’t always going to spell the answer out for you, you’ll have to figure it... so no I didn’t spell out my answer but if my kids can read it and pick up my stance I’m sure you’ll you’ll figure it out too... maybe 🤔🤷🏻‍♂️

Dear Life,

Would you please spell out just one answer for me? I only ask that you spell it out once. The answer I need spelling out is to this question: Do you believe that there is a conspiracy wherein the Big Ten refs have all agreed to not call holding calls, and only holding calls, against Nebraska's opponent?

Thank you Mr. Life

Dear Life,

Would you please spell out just one answer for me? I only ask that you spell it out once. The answer I need spelling out is to this question: Do you believe that there is a conspiracy wherein the Big Ten refs have all agreed to not call holding calls, and only holding calls, against Nebraska's opponent?

Thank you Mr. Life
tighten the belt one more notch

you won't be missed

Yes. In fact most of my posts have taken a detour to other topics because Nebraska fans hate being called out on their shit.
Called out on what? You have been provided statistics, pictures and videos. All you have provided us is the usual Iowa troll nonsense.

Reactions: scarletred
OK, then.

Back to discussing Ferentz' racism. Carry on.

I think I already discussed that. I also believe that the waste majority of you are far more racist than anyone in the football program and likely use this issue, not as a genuine discussion topic, but as a way to belittle your opponent. I guess that would be fine for a lot of things, but racism in this country is actually an extremely important issue. If Nebraskans actually care about it, then that is awesome. I find it hard to believe that a state like Nebraska is very woke but if they are then great! But again, my guess is that many posters on this board are red hat wearing racist pieces of shit

I think I already discussed that. I also believe that the waste majority of you are far more racist than anyone in the football program and likely use this issue, not as a genuine discussion topic, but as a way to belittle your opponent. I guess that would be fine for a lot of things, but racism in this country is actually an extremely important issue. If Nebraskans actually care about it, then that is awesome. I find it hard to believe that a state like Nebraska is very woke but if they are then great! But again, my guess is that many posters on this board are red hat wearing racist pieces of shit
literally nobody would be talking about iowa football if it weren't for 50+(!) players alleging racism against your dear leader and his gross fat inbred offspring

belittle you? newsflash: it simply doesn't get more pathetic than being an iowa fan. what more could we possibly say that you haven't proven in this thread?

little brother syndrome like you read about on full, unabashed display, irony be damned.

I'm not going to spend the time to fact check this, so I will take your word for it. Another explanation for the lack of opponent holding calls is that people simply do not need to hold against Nebraska's line.

But yet Iowa did, numerous times during that game and not once called for it. Threads here have pictures showing those occasions. I'm not going to repost them all as they already exist. There lies the point and the need for you to make a post away from those threads you could have easily placed your backhanded BS in.
As many have said already, we're not talking conspiracy theory, we're talking provable facts that are one sided when evidence shows it's clearly happening on the other side also. No, 10 isn't much, but 10 well placed calls and the lack of those same calls on the opposing side adds up. We had Iowa fans here trying to say your guys clip wasn't a clip. How is it your fan base can complain about one call and we're suppose to accept several?
The only reason you don't see it as a big deal is because it's not happening to your team and you won the game. This more of the everyday Iowa fanbase arrogance we see each and every day. What is it with your fanbase that makes you so hate based? Hasn't that hate exposed a few issues with your own team lately? At least our only issue is in the game of football and not how we treat those of a different race. How's Brian? Sad Doyle had to be the sacrificial lamb while KF hid his son.

Thanks for reiterating your true colors. Makes it easier to remind you how sad your life is that you chose to take time out of your day to be like this. Spineless coward

Yes referees will miss calls. A camera is able to capture a moment in time whereas a referee doesn’t have the benefit of pictures and hindsight. They officiate the game in real time and obviously they miss things. Missing things is not evidence of a grand conspiracy.

This picture does not prove that the Big Ten is out to get Nebraska on, for whatever reason only, holding penalties. That’s such a bizarre theory for so many reasons. Please, you seem like one of the sane ones, do not buy into this BS.
I agree that this one picture doesn't prove anything. And having known Big 8/Big XII officials, I know they're not biased. However, data is data, and over the past several years, Nebraska is either the worst-coached offensive line in the business, or there's an unconscious bias not to call holding on teams that have a reputation for not holding. Officials make mistakes, and those mistakes seem to be adding up against Nebraska this year in a way that isn't necessarily preventing them from winning, but it's preventing them from putting forth their best effort. I can only imagine the shitstorm that Fran McCaffery would unleash if the Hawks were called for 10 fouls and Illinois for none in a single half.

And you just think I'm sane because I've chosen to live in Iowa City. My family questions my sanity for that same reason.

As for racism on the Hawkeye team, I have spoken to exactly one former black player (from back east), and while he wouldn't take sides on the lawsuits, he absolutely said his experience (2016-2019) was more difficult than expected because of his race.

Like most issues in our world today, neither the holding problem at Nebraska nor the racism problem at Iowa proves that officials are inherently biased or that Iowa's program is plagued by systemic racism. But clearly Nebraska needs to investigate why we're called for holding so often, Big Ten officials need to continue to review their performance to include whether they're calling holding in a consistent manner, and Iowa needs to continue the difficult work — already begun — on why so many black players feel uncomfortable at best and discriminated against at worst.

Be well, and though I work at UI, I still have trouble rooting for Fran, though his sons and the rest of the team are good people.

Sorry. Nebraska is a liberal utopia of tolerance. Practically San Francisco, or Paris France, or Montevideo, Uruguay.
There's a difference between Falls City and Lincoln/Omaha, as there's a difference between St. Ansgar and Iowa City. Gotta say, Uruguay is on the bucket list.

I agree that this one picture doesn't prove anything. And having known Big 8/Big XII officials, I know they're not biased. However, data is data, and over the past several years, Nebraska is either the worst-coached offensive line in the business, or there's an unconscious bias not to call holding on teams that have a reputation for not holding. Officials make mistakes, and those mistakes seem to be adding up against Nebraska this year in a way that isn't necessarily preventing them from winning, but it's preventing them from putting forth their best effort.

And you just think I'm sane because I've chosen to live in Iowa City. My family questions my sanity for that same reason.

As for racism on the Hawkeye team, I have spoken to exactly one former black player (from back east), and while he wouldn't take sides on the lawsuits, he absolutely said his experience (2016-2019) was more difficult than expected because of his race.

Like most issues in our world today, neither the holding problem at Nebraska nor the racism problem at Iowa proves that officials are inherently biased or that Iowa's program is plagued by systemic racism. But clearly Nebraska needs to investigate why we're called for holding so often, Big Ten officials need to continue to review their performance to include whether they're calling holding in a consistent manner, and Iowa needs to continue the difficult work — already begun — on why so many black players feel uncomfortable at best and discriminated against at worst.

Be well, and though I work at UI, I still have trouble rooting for Fran, though his sons and the rest of the team are good people.

I tend to disagree a bit with Nebraska needing to look into the problem. I will concede the point that zero holding calls from 2015 is strange. I do not believe there is a grand conspiracy tho. I think it is strange.

I will give you that the Big Ten screwed Nebraska with their year's schedule. I just have a harder time believing that they would be able to keep a lock on a conspiracy to not call holding against the other team.

Sorry. Nebraska is a liberal utopia of tolerance. Practically San Francisco, or Paris France, or Montevideo, Uruguay.
Well, we don't have 4 dozen former players (not one or two butthurt ones) calling out our current coaching staff for systemic racism issues within the football program.

So there's that.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Well, we don't have 4 dozen former players (not one or two butthurt ones) calling out our current coaching staff for systemic racism issues within the football program.

So there's that.
At times like this, we must ask ourselves:

"What would Hayden Fry do?"

Outside of winning nothing of consequence, of course.

Reactions: 9and4
I tend to disagree a bit with Nebraska needing to look into the problem. I will concede the point that zero holding calls from 2015 is strange. I do not believe there is a grand conspiracy tho. I think it is strange.

I will give you that the Big Ten screwed Nebraska with their year's schedule. I just have a harder time believing that they would be able to keep a lock on a conspiracy to not call holding against the other team.
I'm saying Nebraska needs to look at how it coaches the offensive line. The conference on-field officials and their supervisors need to look at why there's such a discrepancy in the calls, not just this year, but also that two-and-a-half-year stretch where Nebraska opponents had exactly zero offensive holding calls against them.

You are correct that if the Nebraska video unit put together a greatest-hits highlights of the other team holding (Alaric Jackson and Tyler Linderbaum as part of the reel) it would look like sour grapes. That's what fan boards and Twitter are for.

There's a difference between Falls City and Lincoln/Omaha, as there's a difference between St. Ansgar and Iowa City. Gotta say, Uruguay is on the bucket list.

Uruguay is an amazing country. And I know Lincoln and Omaha are different. I just don't think we can claim that either state is necessarily the most tolerant in the US. Though I will give Nebraska credit for not having a terrible scandal like Iowa had this summer. And it truly is inexcusable and sad to see.

I will say that I did learn a bit about Nebraska's holding issues. While I am not convinced that referees are the cause of the issues, I do not necessarily think ya'll are a bunch of loonies anymore either. Good luck the rest of the season and hopefully you'll be able to play everyone left on the slate.

At times like this, we must ask ourselves:

"What would Hayden Fry do?"

Outside of winning nothing of consequence, of course.
Also, to be fair, the 2019 season was about even in Nebraska offensive holding calls versus those called on their opponents. Before that, and again this year, the discrepancy is clear. It's one of those things that I'm sure Miss Chatelain from the OWH has tracked, so we're likely to see the exact data at some point. If not, it's pretty easy to go through Nebraska's play-by-play on Huskers.com to track the exact number of offensive holding calls in Big Ten games 2011-2020. I don't have that time.

You have been provided with statistics. Pictures and videos. Feel free to draw your own conclusions.

I do not necessarily think ya'll are a bunch of loonies anymore either. Good luck the rest of the season and hopefully you'll be able to play everyone left on the slate.
It's odd that we continue to want to see this team play because we absolutely are convinced they can win the rest.

For example, my fan brain is saying, "We can beat Purdue and Minnesota, and then if we get Michigan in the crossover game, we're at .500. A bowl gives us a winning season!"

My sports reporter brain tells me, "This team is not good. They may pull out one or even two of the next three, but they're absolutely too inconsistent to win three or four in a row."

Enjoy your second-place in the division finish. At this point, that's just a dream for us. (Or a nightmare, depending on your perspective.)

Reactions: KinnicksRightFoot
It's odd that we continue to want to see this team play because we absolutely are convinced they can win the rest.

For example, my fan brain is saying, "We can beat Purdue and Minnesota, and then if we get Michigan in the crossover game, we're at .500. A bowl gives us a winning season!"

My sports reporter brain tells me, "This team is not good. They may pull out one or even two of the next three, but they're absolutely too inconsistent to win three or four in a row."

Enjoy your second-place in the division finish. At this point, that's just a dream for us. (Or a nightmare, depending on your perspective.)

In my personal opinion, Nebraska just needs time. I think it hurts a bunch for a program his proud to be down for this long. But one of the benefits of Frost is that fans are going to give him the time he needs. I also think this season is just a wash overall.

Reactions: HuskerDubby
Coming from an Iowa fan, that comment is hilarious! Why is it the guilty are always trying to pull others down. You just started a thread about owning our mistakes related to holding but yet we are guilty of your teams racism! Priceless!
So he decided to defend racism, by stereotyping a group of people. Interesting.

Reactions: Swiv3D and wkato
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT