ADVERTISEMENT

Sad

Sep 18, 2018
Nebraska has won 5 National Championships, 46 Conference Championships, 3 Heisman Trophies, 54 Consensus All Americans, 26 Bowl games, and over 900 total games.

It is a very impressive resume and only a few schools can match it. As an Iowa fan, it’s a resume that I’m envious of and rational fans of most schools would be too.

However, it is very sad to see fans of this proud program complain about holding penalties, as if the refs are out to get them. I must admit as an Iowa fan searching on this board for schadenfreude, it is a satisfying sight. But, at this point, it has just gotten pathetic.

In 5 games of football, Nebraska has had 10 holding penalties as opposed to their opponents’s 0. Now normal people would look at that stat and think “boy my team needs to stop holding.” But apparently that isn’t how Nebraska fans react. They put that tin foil right on their heads and start thinking: “iTs ImPoSsIbLe FoR uS tO hAvE *TEN* mOrE pEnAlTiEs BeCaUsE *TEN* iS sUcH a HiGh NuMbEr.”

Isnt it possible that Nebraska’s miscues come down to coaching? Is it that hard to believe that coaching, rather than crooked referees are the source for Nebraska’s penalties?

And I’m not even saying Scott Frost is a bad coach. I’d like for Nebraska to fire him because apparently our teams are rivals (according to the Big Ten at least) and I think that would hurt Nebraska. But guys he isn’t perfect and penalties are clearly one of his imperfections.

The world is not out to get you. The Big Ten is not out to get you. Frankly neither are overly concerned. Put the tin foil down! Hell the Big Ten LITERALLY has an vested interest in Nebraska’s success.

In Memorial Stadium there is a sign that reads: “Through these gates pass the greatest fans in college football.” Maybe you guys should start acting like it. In the alternative, you can keep posting conspiratorial bullshit and everyone else will just keep on laughing at you. But if you pick the alternative could you please switch it up a bit? Maybe talk about the Kennedy assassination, or Biggie and Tupac, or the moon landing, or Area 51? At least make it interesting.

There is some degree of holding on many plays during a football game...sort of like fouls in a basketball game. While I’m not necessarily buying in to the whole “B1G is out to get us” idea, if one basketball team had 10 fouls to zero any coach would be losing their mind.

Nebraska has won 5 National Championships, 46 Conference Championships, 3 Heisman Trophies, 54 Consensus All Americans, 26 Bowl games, and over 900 total games.

It is a very impressive resume and only a few schools can match it. As an Iowa fan, it’s a resume that I’m envious of and rational fans of most schools would be too.

However, it is very sad to see fans of this proud program complain about holding penalties, as if the refs are out to get them. I must admit as an Iowa fan searching on this board for schadenfreude, it is a satisfying sight. But, at this point, it has just gotten pathetic.

In 5 games of football, Nebraska has had 10 holding penalties as opposed to their opponents’s 0. Now normal people would look at that stat and think “boy my team needs to stop holding.” But apparently that isn’t how Nebraska fans react. They put that tin foil right on their heads and start thinking: “iTs ImPoSsIbLe FoR uS tO hAvE *TEN* mOrE pEnAlTiEs BeCaUsE *TEN* iS sUcH a HiGh NuMbEr.”

Isnt it possible that Nebraska’s miscues come down to coaching? Is it that hard to believe that coaching, rather than crooked referees are the source for Nebraska’s penalties?

And I’m not even saying Scott Frost is a bad coach. I’d like for Nebraska to fire him because apparently our teams are rivals (according to the Big Ten at least) and I think that would hurt Nebraska. But guys he isn’t perfect and penalties are clearly one of his imperfections.

The world is not out to get you. The Big Ten is not out to get you. Frankly neither are overly concerned. Put the tin foil down! Hell the Big Ten LITERALLY has an vested interest in Nebraska’s success.

In Memorial Stadium there is a sign that reads: “Through these gates pass the greatest fans in college football.” Maybe you guys should start acting like it. In the alternative, you can keep posting conspiratorial bullshit and everyone else will just keep on laughing at you. But if you pick the alternative could you please switch it up a bit? Maybe talk about the Kennedy assassination, or Biggie and Tupac, or the moon landing, or Area 51? At least make it interesting.

It isn't that we have 10 - its that other teams have 0 - and it has been this way since we joined the B10. You can't coach better to have refs call holding on opposing teams. The hold call that brought back the Adrian Martinez run was MASSIVE vs Iowa - I think Nebraska scores there and goes up 1 point. Who knows what happens from there. Holding is also the biggest scape goat call in sports. Can call or not call it anytime you choose, way different than a PI, Personal Foul, Clipping etc.

I don't think holding is why we are 1-4 and have struggled the past 5 years, but when you already aren't good things like this just hold you back - pun intended.

DO you feel better?

There is some degree of holding on many plays during a football game...sort of like fouls in a basketball game. While I’m not necessarily buying in to the whole “B1G is out to get us” idea, if one basketball team had 10 fouls to zero any coach would be losing their mind.

I think that is a reasonable position but that really isn't analogous is it? This isn't a case of the other team not receiving any penalties, this is about the other team not receiving any *holding* penalties.

I think fans of every single team believes that the refs are unfair in some way or another. But that should not be the go to explanation.

Typical Iowa trash. You guys have had 2 coaches in the last like 50 years what would you know about success.

• Haha
Reactions: KinnicksRightFoot
The facts don’t lie when a statistic comes out for 21 straight Big 10 games from 2016- 2018 not one holding call on a opponent playing Nebraska and this year it about as obvious as well..

Nothing is more sad than some other teams fan coming to board and telling us it doesn’t matter deal with it when it makes a hell a difference in a football that is decide by one position.

It isn't that we have 10 - its that other teams have 0 - and it has been this way since we joined the B10. You can't coach better to have refs call holding on opposing teams. The hold call that brought back the Adrian Martinez run was MASSIVE vs Iowa - I think Nebraska scores there and goes up 1 point. Who knows what happens from there. Holding is also the biggest scape goat call in sports. Can call or not call it anytime you choose, way different than a PI, Personal Foul, Clipping etc.

I don't think holding is why we are 1-4 and have struggled the past 5 years, but when you already aren't good things like this just hold you back - pun intended.

A few things on this. First, the holding call on that run was clearly the right call. Second, I do not have any statistics on Nebraska's holding calls since joining the Big Ten compared to other teams (if you do please provide them). The only statistics that I have are the 10 holding calls that Nebraska has had this year. 10 holding calls in 5 games is not some astonishing figure. I will give you that 0 over 5 games is surprising but I wouldn't say it is groundbreaking either. It certainly is not enough to cry about holding penalties on 3 different threads and spouting out bullshit conspiracy theories.

21 straight Big 10 games from 2016- 2018 not one holding call on a opponent playing Nebraska

I'm not going to spend the time to fact check this, so I will take your word for it. Another explanation for the lack of opponent holding calls is that people simply do not need to hold against Nebraska's line.

Do you realize that it took 21 games played in the B10 before our opponent was called for a single offensive holding penalty? 21 GAMES!!

Officials can literally call holding on every single play, every play. To tell us that not a single holding occurred during the first 2.5 years of being in this conference is absurd. And now here we are again in 2020 with not a single holding being called in our favor. There were at least three BLATANT holding penalties committed by Iowa during our game on Friday (all happening at critical times), and not a single one of them was called.

Coincidence? Nope.

It’s incredible that even after beating Nebraska 6 straight times, yet another half-wit from Iowa can’t help himself and displays his jealousy of NU football.

Nebraska clearly owns Iowa - at least we own the dip-sh1t Iowa fans that live on this board.

Racist inbred...SMH.

I'm not going to spend the time to fact check this, so I will take your word for it. Another explanation for the lack of opponent holding calls is that people simply do not need to hold against Nebraska's line.

Maybe you should read other threads on this board about Holding and Holding calls, calls on Holding instead of making a post that been discussed all day yesterday..🤓

And it did last Saturday..

Reactions: headcard
How is it in today’s society that Kirk can still be employed remember they ran joe pa out because he didn’t fire Jerry years ago ev though he knew about it, Kirk knew all about Doyle and his son and only fired Doyle after pressure but Sonny is still employed I know child molesting is worse But there’s no place for racism either

Huskers have meetings over complaining about the refs.
Hawkeye fans have meetings with white hoods.

lol I’m sorry Ben Sasse I didn’t realize how woke Nebraska was. And yea I think KF should have been fired for that. Absolutely no excuse for that shit. I’m glad that the players are now allowed to do many of the things they weren’t previously allowed to do, but there is still a lot of work that needs to be done. And that is not unique to Iowa.

But let’s talk about Black Lives Matter and I think you’ll start to see a lot of Nebraska white hoods coming out

Ahem. This is an AP photo used today in the Cedar Rapids Gazette to help illustrate a preview of Saturday's Iowa-Illinois game. Not holding, apparently.
Screen-Shot-2020-12-01-at-8.21.04-AM.png

Ahem. This is an AP photo used today in the Cedar Rapids Gazette to help illustrate a preview of Saturday's Iowa-Illinois game. Not holding, apparently.
Screen-Shot-2020-12-01-at-8.21.04-AM.png

Yes referees will miss calls. A camera is able to capture a moment in time whereas a referee doesn’t have the benefit of pictures and hindsight. They officiate the game in real time and obviously they miss things. Missing things is not evidence of a grand conspiracy.

This picture does not prove that the Big Ten is out to get Nebraska on, for whatever reason only, holding penalties. That’s such a bizarre theory for so many reasons. Please, you seem like one of the sane ones, do not buy into this BS.

I think it's easy for teams to tell others to stop bitching when it's not them. You really think Iowa or any other team we've played hasn't held? That's a joke! This is just another case of the B1G Fandom that thinks people should just shut up and take the unfairness. I haven't heard anybody say we lost because of holding calls and when you struggle to get wins it's pretty easy to look at these kinds of stats and wonder wtf. I'm really embarrassed of the stance a lot of these B1G teams take. Its like they've been put in their place so much that they don't think its okay to question anything. It's no wonder a few teams have a choke holed on everything that goes on in this conference that limits the success of the other schools.

Reactions: scarletred
what's sad is existing as an iowa fan

what's sadder is boasting about it

every iowa fan is a bigger loser than the last. it is absolutely pathetic to have lost to such a non-factor, never was program.
Hey. Six years. A division title. And a San Diego Credit Union Bowl victory over Clay Helton. The Best of Times, my friend. The best of times.

A few things on this. First, the holding call on that run was clearly the right call. Second, I do not have any statistics on Nebraska's holding calls since joining the Big Ten compared to other teams (if you do please provide them). The only statistics that I have are the 10 holding calls that Nebraska has had this year. 10 holding calls in 5 games is not some astonishing figure. I will give you that 0 over 5 games is surprising but I wouldn't say it is groundbreaking either. It certainly is not enough to cry about holding penalties on 3 different threads and spouting out bullshit conspiracy theories.

You say it was clearly the right call on the hold that took away AM’s long run, but surely you have seen the picture and videos in the threads referenced showing much bigger holds, leading to Iowa points not called, correct? And you still decided to start this thread?

lol I’m sorry Ben Sasse I didn’t realize how woke Nebraska was. And yea I think KF should have been fired for that. Absolutely no excuse for that shit. I’m glad that the players are now allowed to do many of the things they weren’t previously allowed to do, but there is still a lot of work that needs to be done. And that is not unique to Iowa.

But let’s talk about Black Lives Matter and I think you’ll start to see a lot of Nebraska white hoods coming out
actually, it does seem very unique to iowa. I don't see 50+ players elsewhere leveling those types of allegations against their long-standing inbred coaching regimes.

kurt ferentz and his fatass hogboy inbred son will burn in hell next to hayden fry and the rest of you subhumans soon enough.

what's sad is existing as an iowa fan

what's sadder is boasting about it

every iowa fan is a bigger loser than the last. it is absolutely pathetic to have lost to such a non-factor, never was program.

Have you considered a career as a novelist? You write with such passion and vigor. It’d be such a waste of talent for an articulate individual such as yourself to not, at least, try.

Reactions: UPSHawk
actually, it does seem very unique to iowa. I don't see 50+ players elsewhere leveling those types of allegations against their long-standing inbred coaching regimes.

kurt ferentz and his fatass hogboy inbred son will burn in hell next to hayden fry and the rest of you subhumans soon enough.

Just so it’s clear, your argument is that racism is unique to the Iowa football program?

Yes referees will miss calls. A camera is able to capture a moment in time whereas a referee doesn’t have the benefit of pictures and hindsight. They officiate the game in real time and obviously they miss things. Missing things is not evidence of a grand conspiracy.

This picture does not prove that the Big Ten is out to get Nebraska on, for whatever reason only, holding penalties. That’s such a bizarre theory for so many reasons. Please, you seem like one of the sane ones, do not buy into this BS.
Stats, pictures and videos is not a bizarre theory, denying them because your team is befitting is. Nebraska had points taken off the board and Iowa did not, in a one score game. Facts don’t cease to exist because you don’t like them.

Go crawl back on your sister or whatever it is you do over there

Are you seriously coming here under the guise of being jealous of Nebraska’s history only to try and turn around to take a cheap shot at our team, and fans? You really need to find something better to do with your free time...

I will be the first to say yea maybe the Dline isn’t all that great, but what does that say about Iowa’s online since they obviously had to hold against Nebraska... go rewatch that game, you’ll be happy to see there were more then a few big plays where Iowa’s line was holding, they even showed up pretty well on the replay my friend... and Iowa isn’t the first team to get away with junk like that...there are two plays for sure that stick out to me vs the Illini one of which the receiver held, and then had a block in the back seriously right in front of the ref, and you guessed it nothing was called, oh and that play I believe was a TD for the Illini...

now I don’t like making excuses or as you say putting the tin foil hat on, but at some point you have to let the stats do the talking, it’s easy for any of our opponents to come here and deny it because you’re on the other side of it, you know the side that benefits from it, of course you won’t see it. One game will not show the big picture and as an opposing fan you won’t care enough to look into it, and that’s fine... just stay off our board, take your win and act like you have been there, especially since you’ve won your super bowl 6 times in a row, albeit while we are at our lowest, and still playing close to us, but hey a win is a win so take it and be gracious in victory and defeat my little friend

the unique type of racism you and your disgusting, cesspool-dwelling, subhuman ilk readily defend, yes, absolutely.

I do not defend any form of racism. I'm not sure there are "unique" forms of racism. Racism is racism and it is wrong and inexcusable in any form and at any level. When black men and women have to fear for their life simply by driving a car, it should be clear to anyone that this country as a whole has a problem that is not unique to the Iowa football program. My guess is that many of you don't actually give a shit and just use the issue as a "gotcha".

Make no mistake about it: What Kirk Ferentz did is wrong and he should be fired for it. Full Stop.

• Haha
Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Are you seriously coming here under the guise of being jealous of Nebraska’s history only to try and turn around to take a cheap shot at our team, and fans? You really need to find something better to do with your free time...

I will be the first to say yea maybe the Dline isn’t all that great, but what does that say about Iowa’s online since they obviously had to hold against Nebraska... go rewatch that game, you’ll be happy to see there were more then a few big plays where Iowa’s line was holding, they even showed up pretty well on the replay my friend... and Iowa isn’t the first team to get away with junk like that...there are two plays for sure that stick out to me vs the Illini one of which the receiver held, and then had a block in the back seriously right in front of the ref, and you guessed it nothing was called, oh and that play I believe was a TD for the Illini...

now I don’t like making excuses or as you say putting the tin foil hat on, but at some point you have to let the stats do the talking, it’s easy for any of our opponents to come here and deny it because you’re on the other side of it, you know the side that benefits from it, of course you won’t see it. One game will not show the big picture and as an opposing fan you won’t care enough to look into it, and that’s fine... just stay off our board, take your win and act like you have been there especially some you’ve won your super bowl 6 times in a row albeit while we are at our lowest and still playing close to us, but hey a win is a win so take it and be gracious in victory and defeat my little friend

Will you at least answer one question for me? Do you believe that there is a conspiracy wherein the Big Ten refs have all agreed to not call holding calls, and only holding calls, against Nebraska's opponent?

I do not defend any form of racism. I'm not sure there are "unique" forms of racism. Racism is racism and it is wrong and inexcusable in any form and at any level. Men black men and women have to fear for their life simply by driving a car, it should be clear to anyone that this country as a whole has a problem that is not unique to the Iowa football program. My guess is that many of you don't actually give a shit and just use the issue as a "gotcha".

Make no mistake about it: What Kirk Ferentz did is wrong and he should be fired for it. Full Stop.
you're absolutely right: not one Nebraska fan gives a shit about iowa football.

imagine being such a tremendous loser that you run to another board, start a thread you think is clever because your inbred parents left you a few chromosomes short, and end up confessing that your own coach should be fired.

couldn't ever in a billion years be me.

adios, clown.

I think that is a reasonable position but that really isn't analogous is it? This isn't a case of the other team not receiving any penalties, this is about the other team not receiving any *holding* penalties.

I think fans of every single team believes that the refs are unfair in some way or another. But that should not be the go to explanation.
Except the refs are literally not calling the holds for the opponent and its the 2nd long stretch like this for us that literally no other B1G team has experienced. Gtfo

you're absolutely right: not one Nebraska fan gives a shit about iowa football.

imagine being such a tremendous loser that you run to another board, start a thread you think is clever because your inbred parents left you a few chromosomes short, and end up confessing that your own coach should be fired.

couldn't ever in a billion years be me.

adios, clown.

Yup this guy's real woke. He really cares about inequality lol

Except the refs are literally not calling the holds for the opponent and its the 2nd long stretch like this for us that literally no other B1G team has experienced. Gtfo

Will you at least answer one question for me? Do you believe that there is a conspiracy wherein the Big Ten refs have all agreed to not call holding calls, and only holding calls, against Nebraska's opponent?

ADVERTISEMENT