ADVERTISEMENT

Sad news out of Lincoln: sidetrack band

Fun place. She was one of the first to get people down to the Haymarket, before relocating the Sidetrack to O Street. RIP.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
She was my daughter's piano teacher until Covid closed that down in March...we tried to do zoom lessons with her, but it just didn't work out. Joyce could no longer see very well. May she rest in peace. She was truly a beautiful person.

I actually remember going to Sidetrack for the first time when it was in Haymarket. Anyone know what business now is in Sidetrack’s Haymarket location?

Anyway - too many fun times to count at Sidetrack, going back more than 30 years.

RIP - Joyce.

Last time I saw them was in Indy for the Big 10 championship. When we hit the road Sunday morning driving back, we passed them on the interstate just outside Indy, they looked they had partied hard. Not sure they know the level of impact they had on the Lincoln community. She will be missed.

Reactions: Huskerfan2112
I actually remember going to Sidetrack for the first time when it was in Haymarket. Anyone know what business now is in Sidetrack’s Haymarket location?

Anyway - too many fun times to count at Sidetrack, going back more than 30 years.

RIP - Joyce.
I want to say that the old Sidetrack location became Jabrisco, but I'm not 100% sure about that. Not sure what's in there today.

Dang. I miss going there. Was an annual stop when I used to go to one game a year and parked down town. Never got home very early. Now I am too old for that 🙂. Great memories. RIP

Reactions: WC_'sker
I can still hear her singing in my head... One of my favorites was when she changed up the Macarena with Mackovicka... was hilarious to hear her sing it and see a bunch of drunk revenous Husker fans trying to dance! LOL!

I do miss that place and PO Pears... I live in Texas now and lots has changed but in my mind that scene on Football Saturday will forever be burned into my memories

I can still hear her singing in my head... One of my favorites was when she changed up the Macarena with Mackovicka... was hilarious to hear her sing it and see a bunch of drunk revenous Husker fans trying to dance! LOL!

I do miss that place and PO Pears... I live in Texas now and lots has changed but in my mind that scene on Football Saturday will forever be burned into my memories
Long before the PO Pears, there was the Waterhole at 14th and P. Drank beer on a game day with Turner Gill in PO Pears a few years after his playing days were over. He wasn't a very big guy at all. That's one thing that always surprised me when I've stood next to some Husker players. Burkhead, Lucky, Gill, etc all of those guys I don't think were as big as the roster said.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT