ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Update

Preseason, I didn’t think so. Didn’t think it would be this bad either. One of two things happen imo. They get proven P4 coach and pay a ton of money for him, or keep Walter’s and beef up his staff so he has good cast and see what happens next year. Idk if you can take a risk on a lower level guy.

I actually disagree. I’m not sure Purdue can get a proven P4 coach. I think they need a creative, hungry coach, with a wide open offense (that is what has worked for Purdue). I don’t understand why they didn’t go after someone like Chadwell or Cignetti when they hired Walters.

Has Purdue had a change in AD since they hired Brohm? The hires of Brohm and Walter’s seemed like such different philosophies.

I actually disagree. I’m not sure Purdue can get a proven P4 coach. I think they need a creative, hungry coach, with a wide open offense (that is what has worked for Purdue). I don’t understand why they didn’t go after someone like Chadwell or Cignetti when they hired Walters.

Has Purdue had a change in AD since they hired Brohm? The hires of Brohm and Walter’s seemed like such different philosophies.
No. Same AD. I see why he went with Walters. He seems smart and will probably be good someday, just made too many mistakes to survive this round. The route you suggest wouldn’t be bad, but I think they can get someone good for 7-8 mil. At least get guys pay raises before stepping down to the next level.

Purdue suffers from the same issues that a lot of programs do, including Nebraska basketball: the belief that they can be better than they ever have been. Programs don't understand where they stand in the pecking order, this isn't like a brand new league where everyone is figuring things out. These AD's have been around for a century or more, Purdue is about a .500 program historically...that's what they should be shooting for and what they should be happy with. No reason to try to pay to win the conference, because it won't happen anyway.

• Love
Reactions: cruelhalo and BTF69
Purdue suffers from the same issues that a lot of programs do, including Nebraska basketball: the belief that they can be better than they ever have been. Programs don't understand where they stand in the pecking order, this isn't like a brand new league where everyone is figuring things out. These AD's have been around for a century or more, Purdue is about a .500 program historically...that's what they should be shooting for and what they should be happy with. No reason to try to pay to win the conference, because it won't happen anyway.
Exactly...for 100 years they have been .500
This year it was pretty clear that 1-11 was on the table and almost very realistic.

Now, show me proof in your made up facts about Purdue running Tiller and Brohm off.
I think the "proof" is that Tiller "retired" and Brohm clearly was not feeling the love because your fans kept crying that he was going to leave and that he quit recruiting.

I think the "proof" is that Tiller "retired" and Brohm clearly was not feeling the love because your fans kept crying that he was going to leave and that he quit recruiting.
So you are making stuff up. Ok. Brohm did it to himself.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT