ADVERTISEMENT

Running Game

kidofSN

Senior
Gold Member
Jul 4, 2007
I keep reading about our poor running game and that causing problems for Martinez and then pass rush. Please people watch the game. Our running backs averaged over five yards a carry. Martinez had time to throw more times than not yesterday. Watch closely he had receivers open. Play calling and decision making were two of the biggest problems yesterday . Explain why our two top running backs carried the ball a total of 10 times while averaging over 5 yards a carry. Rant over

Explain why our two top running backs carried the ball a total of 10 times while averaging over 5 yards a carry.

Well, that part is easy at least. When you're playing from a few scores behind the majority of the game, you end up throwing alot more passes and running alot less. If it was a tighter game, I imagine those rushing numbers go up a bit.

Reactions: OzzyLvr and WHCSC
Well, that part is easy at least. When you're playing from a few scores behind the majority of the game, you end up throwing alot more passes and running alot less. If it was a tighter game, I imagine those rushing numbers go up a bit.

I think it also had to do with what the Wiscy D was doing. They had a lot of guys in the box and we were trying to spread things out enough to get some room. Running looked pretty good after Martinez hit a couple of passes

I think it also had to do with what the Wiscy D was doing. They had a lot of guys in the box and we were trying to spread things out enough to get some room. Running looked pretty good after Martinez hit a couple of passes

True.

Also Wisc pass D is the weakest area. Their run D is pretty solid. Our D was and has been the problem. That is our #1 concern

I keep reading about our poor running game and that causing problems for Martinez and then pass rush. Please people watch the game. Our running backs averaged over five yards a carry. Martinez had time to throw more times than not yesterday. Watch closely he had receivers open. Play calling and decision making were two of the biggest problems yesterday . Explain why our two top running backs carried the ball a total of 10 times while averaging over 5 yards a carry. Rant over

Box count.....

Reactions: HuskerWisdom
Play calling? No... just stop

Reactions: Husker1078
We got beat pretty easily. Don't kid yourselves.Wisky took the lead, controlled the clock and pounded us all night long. What's with these moral victories?
I think we've seen somethings to make us have some hope on offense, but I'm not sure how anyone can be encouraged by what they've seen from the special teams or defense so far.

The Wisconsin secondary is beat up so I’m sure that played a role.
and we were physical enough to put 2 of them out with injury and 1 got ejected for targetting. You never want to see players hurt. Patterson is gonna rip them apart. Wiscy will get beat by at least 21 next week!

I think we've seen somethings to make us have some hope on offense, but I'm not sure how anyone can be encouraged by what they've seen from the special teams or defense so far.

Yeah, I've seen some good things yesterday. We've got future NFL receivers in JD and Stan. Wash is a stud.

One thing I saw that was encouraging, a few times in the 3 and 4th Qtrs on running plays our OL completely caved in and flattened Wiscy's DL once on the Left side and 2 or 3 times on the right side! Don't believe me, go re-watch the game.

Reactions: pahusker139
We got beat pretty easily. Don't kid yourselves.Wisky took the lead, controlled the clock and pounded us all night long. What's with these moral victories?
I can’t see any post claiming some moral victory. Sometimes it seems people make up things to fight about. You really think people aren’t freaking out enough and the solution is to complain more?

I can’t see any post claiming some moral victory. Sometimes it seems people make up things to fight about. You really think people aren’t freaking out enough and the solution is to complain more?

Don't try to stifle discussion.When you have lemons you talk about lemons. :D

Reactions: Baxter48
There were encouraging signs from last nights game and some head shakers. Looks like frost is starting to put in players that bust ass might not be as talented I'm fine with that were not going to a bowl game put in the youngsters. I am curious about ozigbo he got hurt anyone know how bad and also is tyran ferguson out for the season? I think the defense really misses him unless he playing and I just missed that

This and If AM would have run the ball more (designed and otherwise), we would have scored more points on Saturday. We would have also kept their O off the field. I suspect you will see that happening more against Northwestern.

Yes, our total yardage was encouraging and I am very confident SF will get this thing dialed in on the defensive side as well. Keep the faith Husker nation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT