ADVERTISEMENT

rumors about realignment ...

on X monday evening were really weird. they involved N moving back to their home conference along with clemson and fsu. anything to it?
Nope. Nebraska not going back to the Big 8. Enjoy the watered down "Allstate Luxembourg equity firm Big 12" group of nobodies. Sick FSU will end up Big 10. Clemson will be SEC.

Last edited:
yeah, i have my doubts as well about N. but it would not surprise me to see yormark use that private equity money to buy out fsu and clemson from the acc and add them to the b12. then renegotiate the media deal. buy back the equity piece.

yeah, i have my doubts as well about N. but it would not surprise me to see yormark use that private equity money to buy out fsu and clemson from the acc and add them to the b12. then renegotiate the media deal. buy back the equity piece.
Are you not allowed on the Kitty board? Do they even have a board? Why the fascination with Nebraska? We're not in the same conference anymore. We have no more ties.

Nebraska will not leave the Big 10. I would like to see Nebraska in the Big XII again.

FSU and Clemson are on the table, although I doubt FSU lands in the Big XII.

Clemson is the most likely of the three.

Reactions: NikkiSixx and maly
on X monday evening were really weird. they involved N moving back to their home conference along with clemson and fsu. anything to it?
eye-roll-whatever.gif

so, the conversation suddenly dives down to someone who has nothing to say but rather posts a roll-eyes-woman and second who knows more than the marketplace which in his view is moronic. got to love sports chatter.

so, the conversation suddenly dives down to someone who has nothing to say but rather posts a roll-eyes-woman and second who knows more than the marketplace which in his view is moronic. got to love sports chatter.
Within the next page you will show a pic of your lake house and talk about your high school.

Love how you diss gifs as moronic but don’t find the irony in your own posts.

Also if you make a stupid post, you will get responses in kind.

Let’s wait and see. Until then, maybe no more new threads about Nebraska to the Big 12?

these two posts were made by the same person mere weeks apart:

I gotta come back to why posters feel compelled to squelch any excitement about what may be happening. That just doesn’t make a lot of sense to me.

Let’s wait and see. Until then, maybe no more new threads about Nebraska to the Big 12?

this board never disappoints

Why TF would we leave the big 10, the most lucrative conference in collegiate sports?
because the football tradition has been lost. i really don't believe this N piece either. but i do believe the b12 is getting a capital infusion for an expansion reason. and i suspect it's to attract fsu and clemson and/or other schools.

Why TF would we leave the big 10, the most lucrative conference in collegiate sports?
Because we don't fit culturally and the conference has been marred by pedos, molesters, and wokeness. I get that we are never leaving unless we are kicked out, but some of us don't much care for the Big 10. Money isn't everything, especially when we don't spend it to be competitive in the big 3 men's sports.

I see major College football evolving into a minor league pro sport associated with the respective universities. Maybe the top 24 or 32 programs? Then everyone else will be forced to go back to amateur college football.

Because we don't fit culturally and the conference has been marred by pedos, molesters, and wokeness. I get that we are never leaving unless we are kicked out, but some of us don't much care for the Big 10. Money isn't everything, especially when we don't spend it to be competitive in the big 3 men's sports.

I see major College football evolving into a minor league pro sport associated with the respective universities. Maybe the top 24 or 32 programs? Then everyone else will be forced to go back to amateur college football.
I think it’ll be more like 60-70 programs

Reactions: zrob and huskerj12
because the football tradition has been lost. i really don't believe this N piece either. but i do believe the b12 is getting a capital infusion for an expansion reason. and i suspect it's to attract fsu and clemson and/or other schools.
IF FSU and Clemson escape the ACC only to sign up to be locked into the Big 12, they ought to have their heads examined. How nuts would it be to get out of one long term binding commitment they're complaining bitterly about only to go right into another one signing away their media rights again? Makes zero sense.

Reactions: BleedRed78
IF FSU and Clemson escape the ACC only to sign up to be locked into the Big 12, they ought to have their heads examined. How nuts would it be to get out of one long term binding commitment they're complaining bitterly about only to go right into another one signing away their media rights again? Makes zero sense.
it actually makes a lot of sense if this is going as i think it might. there's an infusion of capital which is used to bring those two schools, maybe more. with them in hand, the conference renegotiates its media deal to be more competitive with the sec and b10. this doesn't happen - the capital infusion - unless that's already on the table, both pieces. private equity is in the business of fixing underperforming assets. and then selling off for a profit. they are not here as some sort of social services organization.

You didn't even post any links, it's literally "some people are saying" garbage. What did you expect, a fully rational well thought out response? But keep digging trying to make it sound like ANY football program would move from the B1G to the Big 12. It's a non-starter, no matter how much you want to argue that it makes sense. It doesn't.

could make for an exciting conference if the two decent ACC school join the B12.

i need them to become the new Pac 12, because Pac 12 after dark was easily the most fun football to watch the past two years. full of soul.

Reactions: AVeritas
You didn't even post any links, it's literally "some people are saying" garbage. What did you expect, a fully rational well thought out response? But keep digging trying to make it sound like ANY football program would move from the B1G to the Big 12. It's a non-starter, no matter how much you want to argue that it makes sense. It doesn't.
i actually quite specifically wrote i did not believe N would move back home.

I am often amused at the time and effort that goes into rumors. This is no exception. There is likely much going on across the country concerning realignment and until it happens, it is all speculation. I guess it is fun for some, they can come back later and say I told you so if they make enough guesses.

Our new football facilities say hello.

it actually makes a lot of sense if this is going as i think it might. there's an infusion of capital which is used to bring those two schools, maybe more. with them in hand, the conference renegotiates its media deal to be more competitive with the sec and b10. this doesn't happen - the capital infusion - unless that's already on the table, both pieces. private equity is in the business of fixing underperforming assets. and then selling off for a profit. they are not here as some sort of social services organization.
My point is that the capital infusion comes with some onerous long term conditions which are more stringent than the current ones in the ACC. It's NOT free money without commitment strings attached.

Reactions: huskerfan66
We can solve this BS and demand that OP include links of said rumors. Otherwise it's just another worthless POS thread started by lonely people.

• Love
Reactions: Spooked
Not a chance

...especially when we don't spend it to be competitive in the big 3 men's sports.
Snipped the rest because this was the only part that mattered. If Nebraska was actually winning the conference every once in a while and being a competitive partner on the same level as Michigan and Ohio State - which was the very reason they were invited to the conference - I suspect many Husker fans would feel different because winning solves a lot of problems.

I mean, hell, NU wasn't a cultural fit in the Big 12 either, judging by all the 11-1 votes against them.

Nebraska will not leave the Big 10. I would like to see Nebraska in the Big XII again.

FSU and Clemson are on the table, although I doubt FSU lands in the Big XII.

Clemson is the most likely of the three.
Everything about the B1G sucks...except the money. Football sucks (other than a couple of teams), the basketball sucks...baseball sucks...volleyball doesn't suck as much. We're beholden to the almighty $$$...and it sucks.

People will say, "but but the B12 was falling apart." Yeah...and Nebraska played a huge role in that.

Everything about the B1G sucks...except the money. Football sucks (other than a couple of teams), the basketball sucks...baseball sucks...volleyball doesn't suck as much. We're beholden to the almighty $$$...and it sucks.

People will say, "but but the B12 was falling apart." Yeah...and Nebraska played a huge role in that.
I have never rooted for how much money NU makes...

I want close road games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT