ADVERTISEMENT

Rumor has it…

that weak ass db had it coming. he just stopped 8 yds down the sideline and let himself get pummeled. zac taylor at the end on first half against the bufs. it hurts

Reactions: cruelhalo
that weak ass db had it coming. he just stopped 8 yds down the sideline and let himself get pummeled. zac taylor at the end on first half against the bufs. it hurts
no kidding. The Rutgers player is 6’3” 210. he should have blown up the rb

Reactions: BleedRed78
I agree, he is a tough mofo.

I did think we needed a little more Yant tonight. Wondered if he got in a bit of trouble after his first run, next play he false starts.

If you watch it again Grant stepped out of bounds about 4 yards before the tackle. I think the DB was gonna tackle him but laid up when Grant stepped out because he was afraid to get called for a late hit.

He should have yelled it at the offensive lineman
THIS ^^

I was going to say the same! The Defense was the only thing that kept this one from getting out of hand. Good thing we were only down by 13 at the half considering how much the Offense tried to lose the game.

Honestly, cardboard cutouts of our O-Line could block better than the real thing. They are really that bad!

He should have yelled it at the offensive lineman

surprise-owl.gif

THIS ^^

I was going to say the same! The Defense was the only thing that kept this one from getting out of hand. Good thing we were only down by 13 at the half considering how much the Offense tried to lose the game.

Honestly, cardboard cutouts of our O-Line could block better than the real thing. They are really that bad!
That 1st half was ugly but so was the play calling.

Kind of felt bad for the kid because it looked like he assumed Grant was out of bounds. Thats on him, and he paid the price. Kid needs to learn you play through the whistle. Agree that Grant is the type of attitude you guys want touching the ball. Guys impressive, Im sorry to say.

Reactions: dinglefritz
If you watch it again Grant stepped out of bounds about 4 yards before the tackle. I think the DB was gonna tackle him but laid up when Grant stepped out because he was afraid to get called for a late hit.
Really bro? You just exposed yourself. I went back and watched that play several times because I figured you saw something I didn't. Grant was one yard inbounds all the way up until the point he destroyed that guy. It wasn't even close. Grant never even came close to the sideline on that hit. Who are you really rooting for? You a Hawkeye fan? For real. That play isn't anything close to what you described. I am beside myself calling you out.

Really bro? You just exposed yourself. I went back and watched that play several times because I figured you saw something I didn't. Grant was one yard inbounds all the way up until the point he destroyed that guy. It wasn't even close. Grant never even came close to the sideline on that hit. Who are you really rooting for? You a Hawkeye fan? For real. That play isn't anything close to what you described. I am beside myself calling you out.
It makes guys feel like they see something no one else sees. Even when proven wrong they will argue endlessly that they were the only ones to get it right.

If Dude thought Grant went out of bounds prior to the contact, he probably needs to have an eye exam.

It makes guys feel like they see something no one else sees. Even when proven wrong they will argue endlessly that they were the only ones to get it right.

You guys are dogpiling on this, but watch the highlights again. The play starts at about 13:57 of the video..

You can’t see it very well from this angle, but he steps out with his left foot at the Rutgers 44 as he either makes a small cut or is just loading up for the contact, which starts around the 42. It was clear from an angle they showed down the sideline during the injury break. If you watch the next play you’ll see the ball was correctly spotted at the 44.

Now, that’s football and I’m not saying Grant did anything wrong. I am sympathetic to defensive players who have to walk a fine line near the sideline where ball carriers (especially qbs) can sidestep out right as defenders are arriving and draw late hit penalties, but if you let up they’ll just keep running. I’m a chiefs fan, but Mahomes has mastered this and takes advantage frequently (see the 2020 AFCCG against the Titans for example). In this case the defender tried to shepherd Grant out without contact and got banished to the shadow realm.

Reactions: BleedRed78
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT