ADVERTISEMENT

Rude, bullying parents = rude kids

If the speaker volume was indeed intrusive, then an appropriate response would have been to politely ask the woman to turn down the volume. Your snarky comment about not being the only person in the restaurant obviously had the desired result for you - the volume was turned down. You seemed also intent on embarrassing the woman or otherwise making her feel inferior to you - which you also likely succeeded in doing. That woman was likely quick to comply to avoid the situation escalating into something more violent. Because let’s face it, guy eating alone in a restaurant that makes phone calls from the bathroom confronting other patrons doesn’t exactly scream calm, lucid individuals

Yep, you've got me pegged. Keep making your public phone calls and irritating everyone around you.

I'm sure I was much more polite than I conveyed in my post. You know how we tend to embellish stories on HOL. Unlike many on here, I don't go out into public looking for a fight. I'm very respectful of everyone that I come into contact with, hold doors for others, help people when they ask for directions, stop to help people that have car trouble. Generally a friendly guy. But I don't like when others think they are more important than anyone else. Including being disrespectful to servers in restaurants. They bust their assess, and I always take care of them as well as possible.

Last edited:
Rant? I don't want to rant...I was just curious how long you can sit there working. Anything over about 45 minutes in a restaurant is long enough for me!

Rant? I don't want to rant...I was just curious how long you can sit there working. Anything over about 45 minutes in a restaurant is long enough for me!

I doubt you have a sincere motive with your post, but I will answer. I will go there for a couple hours. Sometimes less. But I tend to get a lot done when there is background noise to filter the silence out. Winking I need some noise in the background, and quite honestly, I'm sort of addicted to their French onion soup. It is by far the best thing on their menu.

I doubt you have a sincere motive with your post, but I will answer. I will go there for a couple hours. Sometimes less. But I tend to get a lot done when there is background noise to filter the silence out. Winking I need some noise in the background, and quite honestly, I'm sort of addicted to their French onion soup. It is by far the best thing on their menu.

I used to like Panera's FOS...but not as much anymore.

I haven't been to an Applebee's in several years. I know at least one closed in Omaha and I can't imagine that some of the others may not be too far behind. Used to like the place but it seems like their food and service was starting to decline so I stopped going.....so I could save up my money and go to Longhorn and complain about the unruly kids - LOL.

Reactions: JohnRossEwing
Look, kids suck, everyone knows that...they are going to be annoying when they are at home and/or out...sometimes you might just have to put up with it for a bit. No one likes it but kids are not going away. I hate them...and I hate people that make left hand turns at 2 miles an hour...but I still have to deal with it.

1170403838296sx3.jpg

1027556d1447088263t-best-memes-thisthreaddelivers.jpg

imageuploadedbyohub-campfire1463543064-742873-jpg.283599

Well Applebee's is one of the many things that millennials are killing, so enjoy it while it lasts.

My son, who was about 10 at the time, and I went to Applebee's and saw two very large and not so attractive "ladies" get into a fist fight. I caught the tail end on my phone, it was beyond pathetic. One large woman was walking out, accidently hit another large woman's glass of water that was on the edge of the table (I happened to see whole thing, it was a complete accident) and the woman's who's glass got knocked over didn't take kindly to being disrespected so she did what any normal 250lb ugly woman would do....She got up, and threw down. I mean what was she supposed to do after being disrespected like that? Turn the other cheek? I remember posting that story on here the next day and some of our super posters got on me for not setting a good example for my son and trying to break it up and I was thinking to myself..."I'm pretty sure they could take me, I wasn't about to get in the middle of that"!

Well Applebee's is one of the many things that millennials are killing, so enjoy it while it lasts.

Gotta be honest, the food overall has never been its strong point. The fact it stays open until Midnight is the bigger selling point for me. But they have somehow managed to not screw up the French onion soup, which is a good thing.

My son, who was about 10 at the time, and I went to Applebee's and saw two very large and not so attractive "ladies" get into a fist fight. I caught the tail end on my phone, it was beyond pathetic. One large woman was walking out, accidently hit another large woman's glass of water that was on the edge of the table (I happened to see whole thing, it was a complete accident) and the woman's who's glass got knocked over didn't take kindly to being disrespected so she did what any normal 250lb ugly woman would do....She got up, and threw down. I mean what was she supposed to do after being disrespected like that? Turn the other cheek? I remember posting that story on here the next day and some of our super posters got on me for not setting a good example for my son and trying to break it up and I was thinking to myself..."I'm pretty sure they could take me, I wasn't about to get in the middle of that"!

Smart move. 500+ lbs of heft is a force to be reckoned, I reckon.

Look, kids suck, everyone knows that...they are going to be annoying when they are at home and/or out...sometimes you might just have to put up with it for a bit. No one likes it but kids are not going away. I hate them...and I hate people that make left hand turns at 2 miles an hour...but I still have to deal with it.

Kids don't suck...if they are raised right. Kids are great if the parents create boundaries for them. And mom allowing her kid to crank cartoons on the external speaker in a public place is a mom failing her responsibilities as a mom.

Gotta be honest, the food overall has never been its strong point. The fact it stays open until Midnight is the bigger selling point for me. But they have somehow managed to not screw up the French onion soup, which is a good thing.
Applebees doesn't have a strong point. I worked at a couple, you can trust me on this.

Reactions: Hoosker Du
I go there every once in a while with my son on baseball road trips. Sometimes its nice to hang out in the air conditioning in relative peace and quiet between games rather than going to a BW3 with the rest of the team and a million other teams jammed into the place. We usually split the appetizer sampler. Kind of became a tradition. When he was 7/8 I used to eat as much as I wanted. Now he is 14 and I'm lucky to escape with a boneless wing, a couple bites of artichoke dip, and my fingers still intact.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
Well, not just any place can bread some chicken tenders and drop them in a fryer then toss them in sauce...

On a completely unrelated note, the photoshop avatar of Pelini and the baby makes me chuckle every damn time. It's just so much......on point. Not quite Pelini Christmas card photoshop worthy, but definitely hilarious.

Kids don't suck...if they are raised right. Kids are great if the parents create boundaries for them. And mom allowing her kid to crank cartoons on the external speaker in a public place is a mom failing her responsibilities as a mom.

Yeah...but I have great parents, you probably did too...and I bet you still ****ed around and did things you weren't supposed to do, I sure did!

Letting a kid watch cartoons in McApplebees is not failing in her responsibilities as a mom. Her responsibilities that evening were probably to take her kid out of the house for a bit, grab a quick bite to eat and kill some time. I am guessing she was tired, and maybe her kid was having a "mood" so she was doing what she could to keep her from being in a worse mood.

Well, wait...how old was the kid? If you had to guess...if the kid was over 6 years old than I totally agree with you. Under 6 and I am cutting the mom a lot of slack.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT