ADVERTISEMENT

RPI/Streak

coolonetoo

Junior
May 12, 2003
We're almost to the halfway point of the season (as hard as that is to believe!) so the RPI is becoming a relevant metric. The Huskers sit at 24. I can't recall it ever being that good this early in the season. And the schedule the rest of the way is very favorable RPI-wise with 22 of the remaining 33 games against teams currently in the top 100. This bodes well for regional host chances. They just need to win enough. :)

The current streak of 10 wins is tied for the national lead with Maryland and Memphis.

I'll be quite disappointed if Nebraska doesn't appear in at least one top 25 today and challenge for entering all the others...

40 regular season wins and a 12 RPI would make Nebraska a hosting lock. And would have a chance to earn a top eight national seed with a strong performance at Target field.

We did what we needed to over the last 10 games.......actually we did better, at least in my mind. I thought 8-2 would be ok, 9-1 would be outstanding, and 10-0 would be frickin awesome. Now we know we can beat who we are supposed to and will find out over the next 2 weeks how stack up against that upper tier of baseball.

Gotta believe our pitching will be good enough, but can we muster enough offense against quality pitching?

Originally posted by coolonetoo:
And the schedule the rest of the way is very favorable RPI-wise with 22 of the remaining 33 games against teams currently in the top 100. This bodes well for regional host chances. They just need to win enough. :)
Not saying that Maryland baseball is a historical power house or anything, but this B1G addition and their recent success is like a drop of water in an arid desert.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT