ADVERTISEMENT

ROGUE ONE

Well worth going to. Went Friday night and the icy streets kept people away, so it was nice and roomy.

I heard on TV sometime that it is a "WAR" movie. Good description.

Just got home from seeing it. Loved it. It runs right into A New Hope.
The fact that they got governor Tarkin in it and it looked just like him was amazing.

I'm not a Star Wars guy at all. Rouge One is the best one I've seen, followed closely by this last one.

Reactions: jeans15
Just got home from seeing it. Loved it. It runs right into A New Hope.
The fact that they got governor Tarkin in it and it looked just like him was amazing.

I love the POV you get of the Rebel Alliance. Not so pristine huh?

War movie is right but it trys to go rouge with the star wars formula a bit. Better than the force awakens for sure

"Get off my lawn guy" here when it comes to the new(er) Star Wars movies. I thought all of them have sucked ass since the original trilogy. But they keep getting my money in the hopes they recreate the magic. I will (reluctantly) go see this one with zero expectations.

Im a star wars nut love IV, V, & VI. All the others have stunk including Force Awakens. I vowed never to pay fir another one but hearing all the positive reviews even from non Star Wars fans is making it harder.

Im a star wars nut love IV, V, & VI. All the others have stunk including Force Awakens. I vowed never to pay fir another one but hearing all the positive reviews even from non Star Wars fans is making it harder.

If you like A New Hope.

You have to see the movie. It totally changes your view of it.....the rebels you see in the OT are not who you think they are.

War movie is right but it trys to go rouge with the star wars formula a bit. Better than the force awakens for sure

They wanted it to be different from the movies.

This is just a story. It's not a part of the Trilogy movies.

It's like 2 pages in a chapter of a book.

Count me as another "Get off my lawn" viewpoint. Huge fan of Episodes 4/5/6 but they will never re-capture that magic IMO. Granted, 'Rogue' features a fairly beefy Storage Array in the closing scenes...but disks? What, they can make jumps to light speed but can't figure out an SSD solution at this point? And are we really supposed to believe that a guy with a stick can take down 20 stormtroopers? Pleez....

Also, Xmas Office Party sucks ass...so maybe I'm just still bitter about being suckered into that. :-(

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
Much better than Force Awakens (doesn't try to throw in a joke in every other scene). Can be a bit slow at times but the third act definitely makes up for that. VADER IN THE HALLWAY.

Count me as another "Get off my lawn" viewpoint. Huge fan of Episodes 4/5/6 but they will never re-capture that magic IMO. Granted, 'Rogue' features a fairly beefy Storage Array in the closing scenes...but disks? What, they can make jumps to light speed but can't figure out an SSD solution at this point? And are we really supposed to believe that a guy with a stick can take down 20 stormtroopers? Pleez....

Also, Xmas Office Party sucks ass...so maybe I'm just still bitter about being suckered into that. :-(

Do you know what a Guardian of the Whills Is?

If not that's why you can't believe it....and it wasn't 20 stormtroopers.

That guy is also force sensitive.

Emphasis on the "Wars" part of Star Wars.......so definitely more for the adult crowd. I was entertained and yes the limited Vader scenes were alot of fun - total SW geek out. Worth the price of admission and that is all I can ask for.

Indiana Jones, Transformers, Pirates of the Caribbean

Couldn't agree more but until these movies stop making money don't count on it.
However.. The latest batman trilogy was awesome(batman v superman doesn't count) after a few crappy attempts.. It works sometimes

Reactions: teals
However.. The latest batman trilogy was awesome(batman v superman doesn't count) after a few crappy attempts.. It works sometimes

Am I the only person who liked Batman Vs. Superman? I thought Affleck killed it personally, and I'm totally done with batman movies in general. Like, done. If they don't have somebody else in them, I won't go see 'em for free.

Am I the only person who liked Batman Vs. Superman? I thought Affleck killed it personally, and I'm totally done with batman movies in general. Like, done. If they don't have somebody else in them, I won't go see 'em for free.
I liked BVS, especially after the extended cut came out. Affleck is writing and directing the next Batman movie so expect it to be pretty good.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan

Not a great movie, very unfairly criticized. I enjoyed it. A standalone Ben movie is a pretty damn exciting proposition. Same with Wonder Woman. The scene in the warehouse where he saves Martha Kent was worth the price of admission.

Rogue One is def worth seeing. I really enjoyed it. Better than all the later movies, and this is only a side story.

Hope Carrie Fisher will be okay. Yahoo says she is in stable condition.

Reactions: HuskerLLM
Last 10 minutes was great.

Rest of the movie I couldn't tell if I was supposed to like it because it was a Star Wars movie, or if it was actually good.

Definitely better than episode 7. That movie was like a two hour "hey remember the original trilogy?" montage.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT