ADVERTISEMENT

Roads/weather

GretnaShawn

Recruiting Coordinator
Sep 28, 2010
As of 5:45 am, the snow has hardly fallenaround Omaha. Anybody have a roads update?

Highways & interstates are fine. Side streets, turning lanes, parking lots - not so much.

Came in from Gretna little under an hour ago. No problem at all. Drove about 60 on Hwy 31 and 65 on Dodge, but eased up to the lights, drove a little less aggressively on Dodge and left more room than usual in front of me. I am sure rush hour commute will be slow since people will be cautious. At least no school commuters on the road due to the dire travel condition predictions from our crack weather guys.

Reactions: saluno22
My commute at 5:45am from near the 80/680 interchange to downtown was fine until I got to north downtown. Slid through the 17th and Cass intersection, luckily no one was around. Walk into the office was slick.

Looks like snow is coming down now.

During the evening commute last night is was approximately 50 degrees, no wind, and no precipitation, and the Omaha Police Department was in “Accident Alert” (not responding to minor accidents with no injuries or the vehicles are moveable) because there were so many occurring. So I’m pretty sure the roads are freaking terrible right now and it’s a complete demolishion derby out there. Laughing

Schools are closed from beatrice south and east, nothing really bad in Jefferson and Thayer county just a skift of snow freaking wind and temperatures falling

i for one am glad school was closed this morning. People are idiots enough when the roads are clean/clear going up a hill that is supposed to be a one way, in residential school blocks that people go the wrong way down frequently, yup it might not have been a nightmare for main streets but as of 5 am this morning when i was up watching weather the side streets were all still horrible. Dont need kids getting mowed over walking into school because of ice and idiots.

a Very foggy 62 in South Louisiana today. decided not to risk being chilly in the office so I grabbed a sweater. ended up not needing it but still good to plan ahead!

I work from an office in my house and stay in pajamas all day, every day, and the road to my office only had a fat cat in the way, which I was able to work around. Barely.

If you don't mind me asking, what is it you do besides dodge Garfield on your way to work?

The cold front just went through Dallas. It is currently 51 here and 37 in Ft Worth. We get ice and its best to stay off of the roads and bridges. Crazy Texas drivers don't know how to slow down...

If you don't mind me asking, what is it you do besides dodge Garfield on your way to work?

Claim adjuster. If you smash anything with wheels and tires on it, I'll tell ya what it will cost to fix, and if it's a total, I'll tell ya what it's worth.

Sounds like a sweet gig! Any complaints?

No, it's pretty badass. First real job I ever took. I was a self employed adjuster for last 15 years, a hired gun so to speak and traveled the Midwest, Florida for hurricanes. Colorado for hail, I got tired of travel and one of my clients made me an offer to join their company full time. I initially turned them down, twice, then they offered me 5 weeks PTO and an 8% 401K match, and a higher salary than I asked for to even consider it, and we negotiated that I could continue to work from home...It's a pretty nice gig and I feel really blessed to have it.

i for one am glad school was closed this morning. People are idiots enough when the roads are clean/clear going up a hill that is supposed to be a one way, in residential school blocks that people go the wrong way down frequently, yup it might not have been a nightmare for main streets but as of 5 am this morning when i was up watching weather the side streets were all still horrible. Dont need kids getting mowed over walking into school because of ice and idiots.

Darwinism - I'm sure we could stand to lose a few.

No, it's pretty badass. First real job I ever took. I was a self employed adjuster for last 15 years, a hired gun so to speak and traveled the Midwest, Florida for hurricanes. Colorado for hail, I got tired of travel and one of my clients made me an offer to join their company full time. I initially turned them down, twice, then they offered me 5 weeks PTO and an 8% 401K match, and a higher salary than I asked for to even consider it, and we negotiated that I could continue to work from home...It's a pretty nice gig and I feel really blessed to have it.

Do you get referrals? Sounds like an amazing gig.

Wish I could find something like that! Sounds fantastic!

How would you feel about someone shadowing you to get experience? I have a GI bill I could use to get the education. The experience is the tougher part to get.

Is there a private way to contact you on this media?

Darwinism - I'm sure we could stand to lose a few.
Morons will be the ones doing the killing not being killed. Innocent children would be mowed over. Doesn't support the Darwinism claim. I dont mind driving on ice or snow, its the other idiots out there i dont care for. Especially the guys driving 4x4's on ice thinking because they drive a 4 wheel drive it gives them an advantage in stopping over a traditional 2 wheel drive vehicle. I cant stand stupid ppl. Last i checked everyone has 4 wheel breaking.

Reactions: Sinomatic
Morons will be the ones doing the killing not being killed. Innocent children would be mowed over. Doesn't support the Darwinism claim. I dont mind driving on ice or snow, its the other idiots out there i dont care for. Especially the guys driving 4x4's on ice thinking because they drive a 4 wheel drive it gives them an advantage in stopping over a traditional 2 wheel drive vehicle. I cant stand stupid ppl. Last i checked everyone has 4 wheel breaking.
Agree 100% I can go anywhere cuz I have a 4x4. Out in the middle of nowhere I used to pull out people who were stupid finally got tired of starting either my diesel 4x4 or in some instances start my tractor I usually never ask for anything just a thank you, the last several times I didn't even get that those we're during a blizzard. Now I give them a tow truck number

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT