ADVERTISEMENT

Riley lost again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
......MR said thanks for the opportunity and showed up at a b-ball game a day later. Just saying.

Great for him.

Nebraska had just paid him millions to go away and do nothing on top of the millions he was paid while here for doing nothing.

Other than steering a once proud program off a cliff.

As a Nebraska fan I’m very happy that Riley came here though. He was so impossibly inept at anything that mattered in regards to coaching this program (except for smiling and giving NICE interviews) that he got himself fired after 3 seasons bringing us Frost.

Had he been even able to rise up to the level of “piss poor” in coaching performance, he’d have been here for several more of his early retirement years, likely sending Frost to Oregon.

Some of these same people that think it's just HI-LARIOUS to make fun of Riley are the same ones who recoil in horror at people who dare to say anything bad about Pelini. For him, it's been "he's gone, let it go. move on" for the last 3 years, yet for Riley it's perfectly OK to make fun of him in every way possible. I wish someone would explain to me why saying anything bad about a man who trashed the fans while he was coach and the program on the way out and tried to interfere after he was gone is verboten, yet it's open season on someone who embraced the program and the fans and was classy on the way out. They both have one thing in common. They aren't here anymore and we are better off for it. Move on from both of them.

I hope not! Bust all those balls! It is funny

I don’t think it’s telling others what to think. People aren’t telling you what to think. What is being asked is that you keep the posts classy. If you choose not to that’s your right.

What that means though, if some people think your posts are classless, they have the right to call that out. It goes both ways.

Point-counter-point. Debating is fun. Lecturing isn't always fun, is it? My lecture didn't start until yours ended.

When you say "your posts", do you mean "if" some people think they are classless, they have the right to disagree? If that is what is meant, I agree.

When you say "your posts", are you alluding to "your" as in plural as in others posts that has a counter opinion to yours, or do you mean mine specifically. If mine, specifically, again, you don't have to read them.

If you think that means all others' classless posts in this thread, (which I could understand you might either way), then, considering the title and the gest of this thread, why do you torture yourself by continuing to read it?

The real joke is that Riley accepted a major-conference assistant coaching job for only 50k, to stick it to us. If he really had class and dignity, he would expect them to pay a standard salary for the position.
To stick it to Nebraska or Oregon State dling smart business?

You guys let me know when you get a phone call from somebody offering you $3 Mil+/Yr and you turn it down.

Riley and Co did an awful job. You guys acting like he ripped off the university..get a grip. The university offered him that money. Why wouldn't he qaccept it?

Reactions: NorthWillRiseAgain
To stick it to Nebraska or Oregon State dling smart business?

You guys let me know when you get a phone call from somebody offering you $3 Mil+/Yr and you turn it down.

Riley and Co did an awful job. You guys acting like he ripped off the university..get a grip. The university offered him that money. Why wouldn't he qaccept it?
I would have taken it too...every freaking penny.

Huge difference from busting someones balls over a few beverages, I do that with buddies as well, zero problem. Trashing someone behind your computer is pretty lame lame and a cop out. I mean if you need to get your self esteem up so be it... "Through these gates pass the Greatest Fans in College Football." loses some luster when you have see garage posts daily. Pelini said F the school and the fans on the way out...MR said thanks for the opportunity and showed up at a b-ball game a day later. Just saying.

Cough virtue signal cough. Sorry something in my throat. I think it's disgust.

Those sticking up for Riley...you have to admit it is funny that he got lost in the football building, right? I mean that might as well be a clip from an Airplane type movie.

Reactions: Bomber227
Huge difference from busting someones balls over a few beverages, I do that with buddies as well, zero problem. Trashing someone behind your computer is pretty lame lame and a cop out. I mean if you need to get your self esteem up so be it... "Through these gates pass the Greatest Fans in College Football." loses some luster when you have see garage posts daily. Pelini said F the school and the fans on the way out...MR said thanks for the opportunity and showed up at a b-ball game a day later. Just saying.

Ya think he could afford the bball game ticket, or wonder if he got in free?

Pay me 7 million and I’ll show up wherever you want with a big ass smile on my face....

Back away from the ledge buddy...and don't get your panties all in a wad.....I am NOT making fun of Mike Riley because he was a terrible coach or because he is "the nicest coach in college football"......BUT rather because he portrays himself as such an incredible nerd!

Turning a program into one where people were struggling to give away tickets for the OSU game...one shiny example of why lack of performance trumps class. As soon as he gives back the money he ripped off from Nebraskans, I'll give him some slack.
For perspective's sake, I gave away tickets to NU vs KSU outside the gate to a kid at kickoff because I couldn't get 5$ 16 rows up West stadium and nobody showed up to sit in the seats..NU and KSU were both undefeated and ranked 2nd and 7th. The hordes of KSU fans all had tickets already and the game was on TV. I think that was one of NU's NC years too....soooo struggling to give away tickets is no new deal.

Point-counter-point. Debating is fun. Lecturing isn't always fun, is it? My lecture didn't start until yours ended.

When you say "your posts", do you mean "if" some people think they are classless, they have the right to disagree? If that is what is meant, I agree.

When you say "your posts", are you alluding to "your" as in plural as in others posts that has a counter opinion to yours, or do you mean mine specifically. If mine, specifically, again, you don't have to read them.

If you think that means all others' classless posts in this thread, (which I could understand you might either way), then, considering the title and the gest of this thread, why do you torture yourself by continuing to read it?
When I say “your”, I’m not speaking to you personally. Just in general.

The challenge is what is classless and what is not. That varies from one person to the next, which is why the back and forth in threads like this is so common.

The OP made a joke, which made me laugh. It was a play on words. When I saw the title, I wondered if he lost the battle with the money issue so I looked. The OP got me. Well done. I had no problem with it, but others might have. Other posts in this thread were more personal and cutting.

Part of why I defend Riley is because of the way he represented Nebraska off the field. And the reason I’m a hypocrite when it comes to Bo is because he represented us so poorly off the field. So I admit I’m talking out of both sides of my mouth when I don’t defend Bo the way I defend Riley.

Those sticking up for Riley...you have to admit it is funny that he got lost in the football building, right? I mean that might as well be a clip from an Airplane type movie.
Absolutely it’s funny... but in fairness, it was a new building he got lost in. Let’s not make him out to be struggling with dimentia...

Reactions: Stlhusk2
LSUfreek needs to do a gif with Mike Riley's face on Demi Moore from Indecent Proposal rolling around in cash on the bed.

When I say “your”, I’m not speaking to you personally. Just in general.

The challenge is what is classless and what is not. That varies from one person to the next, which is why the back and forth in threads like this is so common.

The OP made a joke, which made me laugh. It was a play on words. When I saw the title, I wondered if he lost the battle with the money issue so I looked. The OP got me. Well done. I had no problem with it, but others might have. Other posts in this thread were more personal and cutting.

Part of why I defend Riley is because of the way he represented Nebraska off the field. And the reason I’m a hypocrite when it comes to Bo is because he represented us so poorly off the field. So I admit I’m talking out of both sides of my mouth when I don’t defend Bo the way I defend Riley.

I hear ya.... but he was paid handsomely to WIN. After three years we are WORSE as a football team, period. Remember, nice guys finish last...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT