ADVERTISEMENT

Ricketts, "Masks work, but no state mandate".

Status
Not open for further replies.
They had also been frequenting restaurants, bars, and cafes. Pretty sure they weren't wearing a mask the majority of time there were in those establishments.

How do you feel about laws that require the wearing of shirts and shoes in restaurants? How is a mask requirement any different than that?

How do YOU wear a mask when you eat? Of course people aren't masked when they are putting things in their mouth. No matter how stupid the individual is about their fear of the election infection.

As to your question: A business can post anything they want, requirement-wise, on the door. I'm all for their freedom to do that. I'd even defend a places freedom to not serve gays; it's their right to do that, however stupid it may be.

I have my choice to give my money to whomever. And if you put stupid shit on the outside of your door, requiring me of something I find impractical, then I'll refuse to do business with you.

But I've made it 39 years without a mask. Me putting on shoes and a shirt doesn't demand submissiveness, decrease my individuality, or force me to be part of a faceless heard.

Masks don't work to stop you from getting a cold. It says on the side of the box.

How do YOU wear a mask when you eat? Of course people aren't masked when they are putting things in their mouth. No matter how stupid the individual is about their fear of the election infection.

As to your question: A business can post anything they want, requirement-wise, on the door. I'm all for their freedom to do that. I'd even defend a places freedom to not serve gays; it's their right to do that, however stupid it may be.

I have my choice to give my money to whomever. And if you put stupid shit on the outside of your door, requiring me of something I find impractical, then I'll refuse to do business with you.

But I've made it 39 years without a mask. Me putting on shoes and a shirt doesn't demand submissiveness, decrease my individuality, or force me to be part of a faceless heard.

Masks don't work to stop you from getting a cold. It says on the side of the box.

The common cold is a corona virus as well. If masks can't stop that, then how does a mask stop the Wuhan?

I heard it many times on this board that this hoax would go away come Nov 3.
Not that it would go away, but that it won't be made into as big of a deal. No way is the media going to blame Biden in any way or form of this lingers well into 2021

Reactions: tarheelhusker
I have no idea how effective masks are, but this tribal talking point needs to be put to bed.

In other breaking news, 99% of people with a cavity swore up and down to their dentist that they floss daily - really they do. Conclusion: flossing causes cavities!!!
I hate when people try to make false equivalencies. Like flossing / cavities is remotely close to masks / Covid.

Also, no one is saying that wearing masks causes to tobget Covid so your last sentence doesn't even make sense.

Reactions: c3o
How do YOU wear a mask when you eat? Of course people aren't masked when they are putting things in their mouth.

Wrong. Use a zipper.

That way it can be closed in between bites.

Annotation-2020-09-01-191248.png

It took Fauci until his 41st year of studying infectious diseases, to realize masks work in stopping the spread of a respiratory virus? This is the genius in charge of the NIAID?

Reactions: OzzyLvr
What do people do when they go to bars/restaurants/weddings/funerals/indoor social gatherings? Wait for it——they remove their masks.....
more importantly what do they do after they've had a couple of drinks? They forget completely about social distancing and start slobbering all over each other. In the church services I attend every weekend NOBODY takes off their mask other than the preacher delivering the sermon over 20 feet from any parishioner. Most people are responsible. The ones who aren't you're not going to prevent from getting COVID.

I know people don't wear a mask while they eat. You clearly missed the point.

Requiring a mask isn't any more demanding of submissiveness than a shirt and shores requirement; you're just used to the latter.

If you think wearing a face covering decreases your individuality, then you really are a delicate one, and likely were even before all of this. It also explains your anger.

I hate when people try to make false equivalencies. Like flossing / cavities is remotely close to masks / Covid.

Also, no one is saying that wearing masks causes to tobget Covid so your last sentence doesn't even make sense.
Allow me to type slower:

I never said masks were effective or ineffective. I said surveying people who contracted COVID about whether or not they wore a mask is meaningless, because many are not going to tell the truth. I would feel exactly the same way about surveying people who are COVID-free, having 95% of them say they wore masks, and touting that as proof that masks work.

The analogy has nothing to do with flossing - it has to do with people lying to their dentist. Take a few minutes and maybe the light bulb will come on.

Where are all those dumbasses who told us that Covid-19 would disappear after the election?
What is going on now despite declining CFRs is that the media is going to blow this thing up to be something it isn't so that when Biden takes office he will singlehandedly save us all. Yes AS WE EXPECTED, we've had a surge in cases when cold weather drove more northern states back indoors. We'll get through this just fine whether government does nothing or locks us down. We're rapidly approaching a critical level of population immunity.

Am going maskless shopping tomorrow at my HyVee (180th & Q) with fellow citizens who don't like the authoritarian control measure.

Born Free, Live Free, Die Free!

5fadf9e2511fa.image.jpg
Honest question - what control does it give anyone? And whom is getting that control? And what are they doing with said control? Is it a global control thing?

I just don't get out of all the things the government is controlling , that the line is made at putting a mask on. What does wearing a mask prevent you from doing?

Such a weird hill to stand on.

It took Fauci until his 41st year of studying infectious diseases, to realize masks work in stopping the spread of a respiratory virus? This is the genius in charge of the NIAID?

Novel=new....

Novel H1N1 can kill a young healthy adult through aerosol spread, with relatively few virus particles needed to cause pathogenesis. Covid-19 requires droplet or sustained aerosol ingestion to become pathogenic. Individuals can have hundreds of thousands of covid viruses per 1 ml human sample and not be pathogenic. So...many novel viruses can kill with a tiny initial dosage, coronavirus requires a large dosage. Masks appear to block the largest of the droplets that can cause major illness...up to 95%. Aerosol blocking requires tight fitting, but this virus comes down to initial dosage. Eating in a restaurant for 15 minutes is not mask wearing and defeats the purpose of the mask wearing. Masks work if people wear them. If you stop wearing them, you are not mask wearing and cannot be considered a mask wearer. Having a mask mandate and keeping eateries and bars open will go down as another stupid muricanism.

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
They can wear their marginally effective masks and stay home OR they can do what my elderly friends do which is call HyVee with their orders and have them bring the groceries out to their cars.

I‘d rather pick my own produce out and shop what I need then have someone not care what their picking out and throwing it in bag without a care in the world..

Novel=new....

Novel H1N1 can kill a young healthy adult through aerosol spread, with relatively few virus particles needed to cause pathogenesis. Covid-19 requires droplet or sustained aerosol ingestion to become pathogenic. Individuals can have hundreds of thousands of covid viruses per 1 ml human sample and not be pathogenic. So...many novel viruses can kill with a tiny initial dosage, coronavirus requires a large dosage. Masks appear to block the largest of the droplets that can cause major illness...up to 95%. Aerosol blocking requires tight fitting, but this virus comes down to initial dosage. Eating in a restaurant for 15 minutes is not mask wearing and defeats the purpose of the mask wearing. Masks work if people wear them. If you stop wearing them, you are not mask wearing and cannot be considered a mask wearer. Having a mask mandate and keeping eateries and bars open will go down as another stupid muricanism.

I don’t know of anyone that goes to a restaurant and doesn’t take their mask off sitting at a table, and there is no way you can only spend 15 minutes in a restaurant to eat quality food...

Ummm... to be fair, Trump had a huge COVID task force AND put together a team for Operation Warp Speed to expedite production of vaccines. Because of his efforts we'll be vaccinating nursing home patients and medical staff in our area by the end of the month.
And to be fair, Trump's response to COVID was slow, indecisive and scattershot. He is NOT a scientist, yet he publicly undermined his top researchers. He did not have a clear national strategy to deal with the pandemic, leaving it up to the states solve, then in bad faith lambasting governors who took a more assertive approach to dealing with the outbreak. I take solace in the knowledge that he got curb-stomped in the election.

• Haha
I‘d rather pick my own produce out and shop what I need then have someone not care what their picking out and throwing it in bag without a care in the world..
That is a good point. Then you'll have to take your chances with your crappy less than 20% protective mask just like I do. The difference is maybe that I wear a little bit better clinical mask AND more importantly keep my distance from other people. I also try to never spend more than a few seconds within 6 feet of any other people in the store. Do that and you'll be fine.

Reactions: scarletred
I know people don't wear a mask while they eat. You clearly missed the point.

Requiring a mask isn't any more demanding of submissiveness than a shirt and shores requirement; you're just used to the latter.

If you think wearing a face covering decreases your individuality, then you really are a delicate one, and likely were even before all of this. It also explains your anger.

You were not meant to wear a face covering. Masks are not for healthy people. Why do you like yours so much? Do you hate your face? Do you hate smiling at people? Do you like not being able to recognize others? Do you think everyone around you is sick and contagious? That's an odd way to go about life.

It's an attack of my freedom to breathe. It's an attack on my freedom to not have my nose, mouth and face covered. You don't need a mask and you don't even get the slippery slope that this will cause.

Everyone now treats everyone else as if they're contaminated.

I wear a shirt because it's decent and a bunch of women not wearing shirts in a grocery store might cause a problem. I wear shoes because they're comfortable. I wouldn't care if someone was barefoot at the grocery store but for some reason the store might, and that's their right. I wouldn't care if you were there shirtless, that's on you.

I'm healthy. I don't need a mask because you're a weak, scared individual who somehow thinks my mask keeps YOU safe. Last year, during flu season, I bet you didn't have your face diaper on, you senseless animal.

The bottom line is you're weak if you're arguing for masks. You depend on government mandates to help you navigate cold season.

That is a good point. Then you'll have to take your chances with your crappy less than 20% protective mask just like I do. The difference is maybe that I wear a little bit better clinical mask AND more importantly keep my distance from other people. I also try to never spend more than a few seconds within 6 feet of any other people in the store. Do that and you'll be fine.

I wear different masks like my N mask and I have another cloth mask I wear also..

Clinical masks are those the ones at Walgreens for like $40 ?

And to be fair, Trump's response to COVID was slow, indecisive and scattershot. He is NOT a scientist, yet he publicly undermined his top researchers. He did not have a clear national strategy to deal with the pandemic, leaving it up to the states solve, then in bad faith lambasting governors who took a more assertive approach to dealing with the outbreak. I take solace in the knowledge that he got curb-stomped in the election.
Trump initially exceeded anything anybody else was recommending. THEN he started out following FAUCI's statement saying that wearing masks was ineffective. Unfortunately, maybe, he refused to reverse course on masks when Fauci admitted to his widely broadcast purposeful lie that masks weren't effective. I'm not exactly sure what you wanted Trump to do more quickly other than asking people to wear masks AND THAT HAS BEEN SHOWN TO BE ONLY MARGINALLY EFFECTIVE.

Blame him all you want I guess. Nobody will every dissuade you but the best course was to kick the asses of the CDC and FDA to get them to let private companies and states develop their own tests AND DEVELOP A VACCINE AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE. He did that. Fauci and the CDC F'd this up royally. Widespread lockdowns would have been extremely destructive to our country. As it is, the shutdowns in blue states are going to have long term detrimental effects as all of the rest of the country tries to help bail them out.

Last edited:
I wear different masks like my N mask and I have another cloth mask I wear also..

Clinical masks are those the ones at Walgreens for like $40 ?
The ones I'm using are a little higher quality mask that I'm getting from my wife after she uses them at her clinic. She has to don a fresh one every day in the office and then wears an N95 when seeing patients or at the hospital. There appears to me to be a big difference in quality in the disposable masks sold to clinics and the ones most people buy off of the rack at stores or online.

I've worn surgical masks for work many years of my life and I can tell immediately when I put on a mask and take a breath how it's working. IF you can buy 3M masks that's the way to go. I haven't been in to Walgreens to know what they're selling but they're probably good.

The ones I'm using are a little higher quality mask that I'm getting from wife after she uses them at her clinic. She has to don a fresh one every day in the office and then wears an N95 when seeing patients or at the hospital. There appears to me to be a big difference in quality in the disposable masks sold to clinics and the ones most people buy off of the rack at stores or online.

I've worn surgical masks for work many years of my life and I can tell immediately when I put on a mask and take a breath how it's working. IF you can buy 3M masks that's the way to go. I haven't been in to Walgreens to know what they're selling but they're probably good.

Well those are harder to come by for the average Joe walking the streets 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT