ADVERTISEMENT

Rice in portal?

75gMSz.gif

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: Laner2 and Jaemekon
Any idea why? I thought he had a lot of potential. I think he was hurt last part of the year?
I don't know but does there really need to be a reason?

Anymore it seems like there's a 50% chance that a freshman basketball recruit will transfer in his first two years and only a 20% chance that he'll actually use up all of his eligibility at one school. It's a joke.

Yep, and this showed to be our Achilles. We didn't play all that bad against A&M, they were just way too athletic and blew past our guys. Usually those hyper athletic teams do well in the tourney. Nebraska needs a few more dudes like that. I love watching Houston play.
I'm not sure if he was too slow or just lacked the desire to play D. I'm also not sure that him leaving was totally his decision. Fred has some pretty specific qualities that he wants and with the portal it's pretty likely we'll see guys be processed if they don't meet the work ethic required. From what I've read about TA$M some of their early season issues related to effort level by some of their guys that balled out late this season. They had a 5 star riding the bench for a while. The portal is going to keep the off season interesting for basketball.

Reactions: ATX Husker
Yep, and this showed to be our Achilles. We didn't play all that bad against A&M, they were just way too athletic and blew past our guys. Usually those hyper athletic teams do well in the tourney. Nebraska needs a few more dudes like that. I love watching Houston play.
I didn't get to see much of Rice this year - he sounds like a younger version of Wilcher?

One problem NU basketball has had for years now is we haven't had the top-to-bottom roster talent that Danny Nee was able to assemble during his tenure. Unfortunately, he found a way to consistently lose to less talented teams in the Big Dance.

Reactions: leodisflowers
I didn't get to see much of Rice this year - he sounds like a younger version of Wilcher?

One problem NU basketball has had for years now is we haven't had the top-to-bottom roster talent that Danny Nee was able to assemble during his tenure. Unfortunately, he found a way to consistently lose to less talented teams in the Big Dance.
I don't really see Rice like Wilcher other than maybe both were a liability on defense. Rice is a much more dynamic offensive player. But he gone, so time to replace him with someone who better fits what the Berg wants.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT