ADVERTISEMENT

Rhule

Sorry for trying to have a conversation without crap talking about the win.
Spare us the fake talk, you come in making those comments without sincerity and it’s obvious. So it does amount to trash talk least you can do is be upfront about it. We got trashed by what ended up a 4 win Colorado team. Nebraska will battle Indiana for 17th place in big ten

I would be ok with Kleiman. Chadwell is a big question mark because he hasn't proven that he can win at the power 5 level.
Not sure about big question mark. He has something that not a lot of other g5 coaches have. He has ran his system at 2 different schools with 2-3 different qbs. But yes he obviously has some risk. He also could be the next amazing HC.

Please go to A&M and take Satterfield and Purdy with you…
Leave Purdy out of the equation! This kid hadn't played all season long until the end of the Maryland game. And playing against a very good Iowa defense. This game was more evidence of bad coaching. A coach who doesn't know how to manage the clock. Having to waste a time out because they didn't know what play to call.

Rhules grade after year one is clearly an F. Out-coached over and over again. He better be a stud at recruiting ( so far, he’s worse than frost) because he is going to need some dynamic playmakers to offset his idiocy.

2-19 vs ranked teams
4-8 ATS this year as well

Hope he can turn it around, but as it stands .. we made a third bad hire in a row

Rhule is one of the best contract negotiators around. How he managed to con both the Panthers and the Huskers is amazing. But just as Callahan was too stubborn to fire Cosgrove Rhule has made it clear his OC is safe. Rhule is Callahan 2.0 and will surely suffer the same fate in a couple years. Oh well, we are destined to suck no matter who we hire😄
I thought you were going in the fan portal? No takers?

Reactions: baseball31ne
You're crazy. Matt rhule is going to turn your program around if you give him time. Don't sound like longhorn fans because our fans, myself included I'll admit, are way too impatient.
You're losing one score games and it doesn't take a lot of improvement to start winning those close games. I've been following Nebraska football since the late '90s and made many husker friends at tailgates in both Austin and Lincoln when our teams played. I want to see you turn that program around and I honestly believe rhule is the guy that can do it.
This isn't the same college football that we grew up with. You need to focus on building a great NIL program because I think that's going to be the secret going forward to building great teams.
We've been losing one score games for a while. I don't want Rhule fired but if he were to jump to aTm I wouldn't be upset.

We've been losing one score games for a while. I don't want Rhule fired but if he were to jump to aTm I wouldn't be upset.
I get it. Considering the absolute garbage we have fielded prior to this season I get it. Our fans are probably the most impatient in college football myself included. Hell I wanted sark fired after last year

This fanbase is the reason why we can’t pull out of spiral. Zero ability to give anyone the chance to build. Ou don’t go from shit to winner in one year.
I wanna give Rhule some more years. I don’t believe that just because year one is 5-7 that he can’t build something , but this thing about impatient fans having anything to do with coaches not succeeding is just not related in any way. For every impatient fan there are a thousand loyal fans that watch/attend every game. The horrid stretch of product we’ve witnessed is worse than any other blue blood program has been through in the modern era, and it isn’t close.

Good coaches win period. This was one of the weakest schedules Nebraska has had in years. They were 5-3 and right there for bowl eligibility.

Rhule goes on to lose four straight to close out the season, losing in the exact same way he lost to Minnesota with a different QB, and in the same exact way Frost lost during is tenure.

A good coach goes at least 8-4 with this terrible schedule. I mean, NU played in the Big Ten West, the worst division in the P5. And he still went 5-7.

I'm sorry, but there's no excuse for that. Even for a first year coach. His players have no confidence they can win.
How about we consider the 3 pathetic QB's on the roster? A miracle worker couldn't win with those turn-over machines!

Sorry for trying to have a conversation without crap talking about the win.
You brought up a good point, and sounded like a humble winner. For that I give you kudos. Don't mind Kevin, he's not a popular poster on here. We just have a bunch of sore losers after an emotional game. With the defense we had this year, we should have won 8-9 games. But with an absolute horrible offense, we're fortunate to have won 5. Good luck against the Wolverines.

This fanbase is the reason why we can’t pull out of spiral. Zero ability to give anyone the chance to build. Ou don’t go from shit to winner in one year.
What are you talking about? Which coach did we not give enough time since Osborne retired? How much time is sufficient to meet your standards?

Reactions: king_kong_

Except the native son Frosty. They allowed him to burn it down to the ground in almost 5 years because he's "the chosen one". Yet they are ready to fire MR after one year. Talk about some nepotism for your ass. But what can you say,..idiots gone idiot.

Holla

Rhule was not good in Year 1.

With that being said, he is a way better coach than Frost. Frost actually got worse with every year here and he was given more chances than anyone. The jury is still out on Rhule but he deserves at least 2 more years to implement his system and get some more playmakers.

Reactions: BigRedTed
Rhule is one of the best contract negotiators around. How he managed to con both the Panthers and the Huskers is amazing. But just as Callahan was too stubborn to fire Cosgrove Rhule has made it clear his OC is safe. Rhule is Callahan 2.0 and will surely suffer the same fate in a couple years. Oh well, we are destined to suck no matter who we hire😄
Or, he could end up like Saban…

• Haha
Reactions: Landomatic
How about we consider the 3 pathetic QB's on the roster? A miracle worker couldn't win with those turn-over machines!

Who's job is it to make sure we don't have 3 pathetic QB's on the roster? Or to make sure they're not turn-over machines?

He didn’t con the Panthers. The Panthers’ GM and owner are meddling idiots and they were solely responsible for their QB situation. Rhule had zero say in roster decisions. Look at them now. They took Bryce Young over the guy whose maybe going to be rookie of the year. I couldn’t believe it when they did it. Look at the Panthers’ QB signings.

They money whipped in to taking that job. Now let’s hope he can find and sign QBs for us because he’s a damned good coach otherwise if he can get the man at QB.

so waiting 9 years for improvement while going 43-63...going seven years without even sniffing at a bowl game...doesn't show patience? This fan base has been loyal to a fault with this pathetic football program. SO much money has been thrown at this program it is just ridiculous. This years schedule was set up to break that bowl-less streak with a very winnable schedule. Poor coaching and poor coaching choices combined with a poor offense blew that out the window. Except for the defense...we saw the same crap different year(coach) that we have seen for 9 years.

All of our coaches since Osborne (except maybe Riley) were given plenty of time to build a program that contends for championships. And they all failed.

All of our coaches since Osborne (except maybe Riley) were given plenty of time to build a program that contends for championships. And they all failed.
Laughable. Mike Reilly was half way out the door in the middle of year 3 after having won 9 games the year before. And he was forced to change coordinators after the 9 win season to that disaster diaco he never wanted. Typical Nebraska. Now people are trying to do it again. Any coach that doesn’t have Nebraska ties is held to a higher, impossible standard. But hey. Light the pitchforks every week, demand change, never give anyone a chance. We’ve been bad for 20 years. It isn’t getting fixed in one year. And constantly changing coaches and coordinators isn’t the way to do it. There’s a reason every coach gets bitter here by the end. The fans and media are insufferable. Frank left and didn’t come back for 15 years. Callahan hated us. Bo hated us. Reilly got screwed. Frost hated us as a player and cracked under the pressure cooker this place is. And now MR is getting sick of the fans and media after a year. He told everyone this wouldn’t be a quick fix but you’re mad because you didn’t listen. Children. But the fans definitely aren’t the problem.

Laughable. Mike Reilly was half way out the door in the middle of year 3 after having won 9 games the year before. And he was forced to change coordinators after the 9 win season to that disaster diaco he never wanted. Typical Nebraska. Now people are trying to do it again. Any coach that doesn’t have Nebraska ties is held to a higher, impossible standard. But hey. Light the pitchforks every week, demand change, never give anyone a chance. We’ve been bad for 20 years. It isn’t getting fixed in one year. And constantly changing coaches and coordinators isn’t the way to do it. There’s a reason every coach gets bitter here by the end. The fans and media are insufferable. Frank left and didn’t come back for 15 years. Callahan hated us. Bo hated us. Reilly got screwed. Frost hated us as a player and cracked under the pressure cooker this place is. And now MR is getting sick of the fans and media after a year. He told everyone this wouldn’t be a quick fix but you’re mad because you didn’t listen. Children. But the fans definitely aren’t the problem.
Riley wasn’t going to do it. You need a massive amount of energy, Organizational skills, and management skills, and Riley didn’t have it. Frost, all due respect, acted like a frat boy even before he arrived here (Stai boat story anyone?). Rhule seems to be organized, have leader ship and management skills, and have a lot of energy. His trajectory seems to be one year ahead of his usual schedule. He has said that he does not modify his schemes much to fit his players-that it inhibits their learning. That explains his bad first seasons. Does anyone on this board want to bet next years record won’t be better?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT