ADVERTISEMENT

Rhule initially hesitant

I kinda think this is correct....from what I heard. My friend stood pretty firm on Mickey.....until about the last week or so. I think a LOT of those guys with any connections thought that.

It just kind of shows (imo), that TA did one hell of a job keeping the search pretty quiet.
I think Mickey had a shot but it was going take probably 7 wins total at least to get there. We lost at least 3 very winnable games where better coaching decisions could have changed the outcomes.

The way things played out, one could I suppose argue that Mickey was still in the hunt until we lost to Wisconsin but I doubt it.

Reactions: headcard
He’s not good. He’s just a self promoting weirdo, who has achieved exactly the same results as other Minnesota coaches, as has been shown on this board time and again.

Rhule is actually a good coach, a trench guy that has turned around two programs, Fleck is not, he’s a fraud, who btw underachieved big time this year.
Everyone but Michigan underachieved but Fleck is on his way to 9 wins again, at Minnesota. What a "failure"

He has some “interesting” takes but his heart is in the right place. Message boards aren’t a great place to make judgements about people.
Especially at 3 am. Not knowing the guy what so ever. I am guessing alcohol and emotions maybe a combining factor of the misery he post.

Everyone but Michigan underachieved but Fleck is on his way to 9 wins again, at Minnesota. What a "failure"

He had the easiest schedule on earth, with a roster full of 6th year players, including one of the best backs in CFB and doesn’t even win the division on its most down year ever. After everyone picked them to win it. I don’t see how you can possibly watch them and be impressed. You honestly just must love his antics, because their product on the field is very, very mediocre.

Reactions: Mack In Motion
Especially at 3 am. Not knowing the guy what so ever. I am guessing alcohol and emotions maybe a combining factor of the misery he post.
I think he’s in Florida so that’s 4am CDT. We all have our crosses to bear. Always best to try to remain polite and non confrontational. I’ll reserve my ridicule for those pesky “recruiting analysts”🤣

Scott Shanle is a fúcking 🤡. He wanted Trev to give the keys to Mickey.

This tweet after that amazing victory, in which Mickey almost pissed away a 24-0 lead.
So Shanle puts up a tweet that TA didn't get the guy TA wanted, and that guy was apparently MJ?

I suppose it's possible MJ turned down the job. But pretty unlikely.

Butthurt that your guy is not going to be our coach? Fine, bitch away about the new guy that gives us a lot to excited about if that's your thing. Do not be surprised by the pushback though. Expect it
I'm sticking up for another board member.. I don't give a crap what you think.

What's Shanle's deal? Does he really have any clue?
As far as I can tell, playing and living in New Orleans for so long has clouded Shanle's judgment. Mickey is from Louisiana, and Rhule coached (and failed) at the Saints' division rival. I can think of no other reason to A) support Mickey over a guy with actual HC experience at multiple levels and B) be opposed to said experienced HC with some proven college success. Just a guess.

I think Mickey could have been successful but IMO there would have been some excruciating growing pains as evidenced by his clock management.
As a long viewer & fan of the Huskers, Mark R. was the right choice as I really like his previous experience on the offensive side & the defensive side! Mickey has many coaching qualities that I really like & I really hope, he can stay with the Huskers! Mickey working with Coach R. and absolutely observing a rebuild can be full coach ready in a few yrs! Observe, learn & do!

Reactions: dinglefritz
I would be leery of any coach who didn't hesitate to jump at a job in Lincoln. It is not an easy place to win. The lack of local talent alone makes it significantly tougher to succeed than schools near the coasts.

As a long viewer & fan of the Huskers, Mark R. was the right choice as I really like his previous experience on the offensive side & the defensive side! Mickey has many coaching qualities that I really like & I really hope, he can stay with the Huskers! Mickey working with Coach R. and absolutely observing a rebuild can be full coach ready in a few yrs! Observe, learn & do!
Mickey would probably learn a LOT more coaching WITH Rhule than he did with Ogeron or Frost. Eddie O while I love the guy, was a hot mess. He just shows you what you can do with a lot of talent and a great QB.

I would be leery of any coach who didn't hesitate to jump at a job in Lincoln. It is not an easy place to win. The lack of local talent alone makes it significantly tougher to succeed than schools near the coasts.
We’re definitely a challenging build away from winning consistently.

We need some meat and potato dudes on the O line to compete in the B1G. I don’t care about their bellies. I care about their feet. Go look at NFL o linemen. They’re almost all big bellied monsters. Just do your job and I don’t care how you look.
Big-bellied monsters that can move.

When have you not read my posts about having good feet?

NU has a collection of big-bellied, non-aggressive softies that can't move or dominate anything but the training table.

I think he’s in Florida so that’s 4am CDT. We all have our crosses to bear. Always best to try to remain polite and non confrontational. I’ll reserve my ridicule for those pesky “recruiting analysts”🤣
Until the last 2 weeks or so he was living in Asia which is on a slightly different time schedule than the USA. If I recall he just returned to the Florida area.

Big-bellied monsters that can move.

When have you not read my posts about having good feet?

NU has a collection of big-bellied, non-aggressive softies that can't move or dominate anything but the training table.
I just see WAY too many references to the bellies of our O linemen. It doesn’t matter.

They are talking about Chuck, not me.
It's all good Nikki, I'm in the middle of helping my son hang some shelves and a flat-screen tv on the wall. Popping in and out of posts while preoccupied normally leads to me or others doing a piss poor job of following the train of thought. LOL

Reactions: NikkiSixx
A little too close to home after your Thanksgiving second helpings? LOL
I just remember Rimmington looking like the Pillsbury Doughboy. Seriously Georgia Southern’s o line looked sloppy fat and they dominated us. Belly fat just isn’t a good indicator of an O lineman’s proficiency.

It's all good Nikki, I'm in the middle of helping my son hang some shelves and a flat-screen tv on the wall. Popping in and out of posts while preoccupied normally leads to me or others doing a piss poor job of following the train of thought. LOL
Good luck with the flat screen!

I just remember Rimmington looking like the Pillsbury Doughboy. Seriously Georgia Southern’s o line looked sloppy fat and they dominated us. Belly fat just isn’t a good indicator of an O lineman’s proficiency.
I used to show Rimington and Tony Felici the ropes about betting horses when they were visiting the same track I was at.

• Wow
Reservations? Then screw him. I love my track record over the last 7 years and I stand by it now. Good luck hunting for a new coach in 3 years. Shanle is onto somethinhg. Anyone that does not have "that empty feeling" is fooling themselves. Could we have done worse? Yes, however another .500 coach is not getting my rocks off. But trust in Trev? Cool. Whatever.
Who wouldn't have some reservations taking over a team who has not been to a bowl game in six years?
IMO, the coach I would compare Matt Rhule to most is Bill Parcells. Only Matt is more personable.

Some of us were discussing you🤣. We’re your ears twitching? Funny how things get twisted over time on a message board
I wasn't following the posts very well, was mostly just saying I know Nikki was in Asia.

Not important, and of course, neither is this comment I just posted.

I need a break, my son is a slave driver and seems to forget I'm more of a delegator.

Reservations? Then screw him. I love my track record over the last 7 years and I stand by it now. Good luck hunting for a new coach in 3 years. Shanle is onto somethinhg. Anyone that does not have "that empty feeling" is fooling themselves. Could we have done worse? Yes, however another .500 coach is not getting my rocks off. But trust in Trev? Cool. Whatever.
You act like we have options. There were very few that offered any brakes on the hire of Scott Frost. The simple fact is no one knows how this will play out. We’ve been through a lot in the last two decades, there’s no need for people to get their panties in a wad so early. Yes, he’s not Urban Meyer, but neither was Urban till he made himself. Hoody likes him, and I’ll take his opinion over any asshole’s opinion around here.

use the ignore button jackass.. who the f do you and your little band of losers that think you can go around telling people who can post and who can't.
Who’s the bigger jackass, a poster saying to the newly hired head coach, “Screw him”, or the guy calling him out?

If you want to express displeasure with the hire, fine, everyone has opinions. I guess when I see someone say “Screw him” that’s a little more than an opinion.

Do you see the difference?

Also, you typically get upset when people call you names. But it’s ok for you to call me a jackass. Hypocrite much?

Who’s the bigger jackass, a poster saying to the newly hired head coach, “Screw him”, or the guy calling him out?

If you want to express displeasure with the hire, fine, everyone has opinions. I guess when I see someone say “Screw him” that’s a little more than an opinion.

Do you see the difference?

Also, you typically get upset when people call you names. But it’s ok for you to call me a jackass. Hypocrite much?
You don't get to decide who posts and who does post. You don't get to go around like a little gang beating up on other board members. I will call you clowns out every time. You are not the board police and your not Troll Hunters either, You are simple minded glass heart fans who can't take any criticism of your team whatsoever. So, with that said, maybe it is you all who should grow up and learn to accept that other people have different opinions and they have just as much right to post here as you.

Reactions: oldjar07
You don’t know that. You’ve heard that from people who think they know. My guy in Lincoln with connections in the AD’s office insisted it was going to be Mickey until the last 2 weeks. You didn’t “know”. Some people are going to say they know what the deal was but they’re guessing. The whole deal pointed to Rhule from day one and there was NEVER any smoke about Monken.
Yeah like Mickey makes it any better. RollingLaugh

You don't get to decide who posts and who does post. You don't get to go around like a little gang beating up on other board members. I will call you clowns out every time. You are not the board police and your not Troll Hunters either, You are simple minded glass heart fans who can't take any criticism of your team whatsoever. So, with that said, maybe it is you all who should grow up and learn to accept that other people have different opinions and they have just as much right to post here as you.
Where did I tell him not to post? Is it too much to ask for a little respect for the new coach before torching him? Opinions are fine. Be respectful.

Still wondering why it’s ok for you to cry when people call you names but find it ok to call me a jackass. Seriously, if you can’t take it from others, don’t be surprised when you get called out for the same behavior.

Edit: if he is going to be a petulant child, then think about not posting. That’s what I was getting at. Post away. But don’t be surprised to be called out when you share an unpopular opinion.

You of all people should know that.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT