ADVERTISEMENT

Rhule: “I’m concerned about the kicking, make no mistake about that..."

says they're making kicks in practice, but this is quite the quote nonetheless a mere 8 days from kickoff
The full quote he talks about having 2 unproven guys and who he thought would be the starter is hurt. I listened to the full presser and it is the exact same thing as the entire team. We have to go prove we are a good team in game 1. Nothing matters until the game. The new JUCO kicker could be an absolute stud, but we have no idea until he kicks.

I feel like kicker is a position that is always overlooked in both recruiting and the NFL draft. As a Rams fan, the kicking game suffered greatly after Matt Gay left. Before him, the Rams had Greg Zuerlein, who was a stud before his play declined.

Having a good kicker is an immeasurable weapon to have. It's a near-guaranteed three points whenever the team is in range, and basically an automatic touchback on kickoffs. At least it used to be before they changed kickoffs in the NFL.

Coaches don't seem to notice this until they don't have this luxury anymore. It's one of the most important positions on the entire team that is always underrated, it seems. And I'm always like, if you luck out and find a good kicker, do whatever you can to hang on to him.

I feel like kicker is a position that is always overlooked in both recruiting and the NFL draft. As a Rams fan, the kicking game suffered greatly after Matt Gay left. Before him, the Rams had Greg Zuerlein, who was a stud before his play declined.

Having a good kicker is an immeasurable weapon to have. It's a near-guaranteed three points whenever the team is in range, and basically an automatic touchback on kickoffs. At least it used to be before they changed kickoffs in the NFL.

Coaches don't seem to notice this until they don't have this luxury anymore. It's one of the most important positions on the entire team that is always underrated, it seems. And I'm always like, if you luck out and find a good kicker, do whatever you can to hang on to him.
Nothing worse than a team taking 8 plays, driving 45 yards into FG range, and then missing a chip shot.

The full quote he talks about having 2 unproven guys and who he thought would be the starter is hurt. I listened to the full presser and it is the exact same thing as the entire team. We have to go prove we are a good team in game 1. Nothing matters until the game. The new JUCO kicker could be an absolute stud, but we have no idea until he kicks.
FYI our starter kicked at practice the other day.

Reactions: king_kong_
Who do you think will kick FG's in the first game?
I don’t care who kicks, just make them

And hopefully we’re ready to cover kickoffs because I’m guessing none of the kids we have can put it through the endzone

Troy Baker No Shit GIF by RETRO REPLAY

Reactions: king_kong_
Coaches not noticing bad kicking is why Butker got the big contract I guess. The head coaches know perfectly well their importance.

And hopefully we’re ready to cover kickoffs because I’m guessing none of the kids we have can put it through the endzone
I would imagine every one can put into the endzone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT