ADVERTISEMENT

Report: UCLA to hire Eric Bieniemy as OC

Huge demotion and not a great vote of confidence that no other NFL team wanted him. I agree, on paper this is a great hire for UCLA, but l also think there’s probably a pretty good reason nobody wanted him in the NFL.
He was let go pretty late by Washington. Maybe there were no OC positions open at that time.

• Haha
Reactions: thall__
I had read that he was possibly coming back to KC. As what, I have no clue. I’ve heard/read he gives a bad interview. There’s definitely something about him that gives a bad impression.
I I have heard he doesn’t come across as real smart in his interviews. I think that’s the biggest knock on him. No owner is going all in on a guy that is lacking in that area.

This is an OK move. He’s got to show that he’s the guy that can make an offense purr. Grind away for two or three years and make bank as a head coach somewhere. A coordinator job was not coming in the NFL and the head coaching job was never further out of reach.

Someone needs to do a public service announcement that not every former college great gets to be a head coach in the NFL

Huge demotion and not a great vote of confidence that no other NFL team wanted him. I agree, on paper this is a great hire for UCLA, but l also think there’s probably a pretty good reason nobody wanted him in the NFL.
It's possible that no one in the NFL wanted him, but we don't know that for sure. Washington wouldn't let any teams talk to him until after they hired their new HC. And they took an entire month to finally hire a new coach.

But Bieniemy also has a lot to prove after his time in Washington-- the players apparently weren't fond of him, Bieniemy got into it with other assistants on the sideline and his offense was so pass heavy even though the Redskins, err Commandos couldn't pass protect.

I honestly wouldn't call him a great hire as a college OC, but given UCLA's situation he's a big name. It's kinda tough in today's era of players lax transfer rules and NIL, teams need great recruiters and relationship building coaches. I don't think he's either of those.

Reactions: Redblood23
Fair enough, and perhaps his past behavior is a prime reason. I get it. Frankly, I’m not sure how much the Chiefs success should be credited to him.
According to the Great Stephen A. Smith....he was the reason why the Chiefs won those games 🤣😂

• Haha
Reactions: Streamer15
It's possible that no one in the NFL wanted him, but we don't know that for sure. Washington wouldn't let any teams talk to him until after they hired their new HC. And they took an entire month to finally hire a new coach.

But Bieniemy also has a lot to prove after his time in Washington-- the players apparently weren't fond of him, Bieniemy got into it with other assistants on the sideline and his offense was so pass heavy even though the Redskins, err Commandos couldn't pass protect.

I honestly wouldn't call him a great hire as a college OC, but given UCLA's situation he's a big name. It's kinda tough in today's era of players lax transfer rules and NIL, teams need great recruiters and relationship building coaches. I don't think he's either of those.
He should be able to recruit. His name will get him in the door at least.

e9069ed3122e4a2195a0619cf7780400_xl.jpg
Superbowl MVP. Look her up. 🤣🤣🤣
All I could find when searching those terms

He should be able to recruit. His name will get him in the door at least.
But will he want to? And then there's the reality that coaches need to re-recruit their roster year after year to keep guys from leaving. But he does have a big name. He can name drop with the best of them-- Mahomes, Andy Reid-- and show people his Super Bowl rings. That has to count for something at least. But if UCLA is going to get out NIL'ed by everyone else, it may not matter a whole lot.

that's actually great for eric and ucla..he's good at signing la crips, and ucla need firepower vs usc..
not sure bout the powder blue though..that doesn't scream worse nightmare...but ucla cheerleaders been diversified so it's not the swedish bikini team anymore..

I never liked him when he was playing against us. Washington commanders/Redskins can’t win a thing nowadays, so it’s hard to hold that stint against him.
As far as the criminal things go, they were pretty low brow – sounds like he was a drinker in his early 30s. It happens.

Why do I feel like UCLA is a really bad job? “BB school”, big city with too many distractions, California politics. A job is a job but I don’t think this helps EB, shoulda stayed with queefs and milked it’s success

Reactions: leodisflowers
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT