ADVERTISEMENT

Rep your group...

Literally the most boomer thing you could have written. I'm just giving you crap Dingle, but it's true! You find me a time machine and take me to 1850 and I'll find a guy complaining about how soft the kids are nowadays, what with their flushing toilets and all.
I'm including myself in the soft comment. I have known lots of seasoned citizens including my Mom who grew up as kids without electricity or running water in the house. In the winter you either trekked out to the outhouse or you used a chair with a hole cut in it with a parlor bucket hung under it. Then somebody had to take that bad boy out and dump it. If they wanted fruits and vegetables in the winter they canned them. Likewise they canned meat and maybe hung a carcass in a lean to on the north side of the house to hack meat off of. Maybe they had chickens to butcher.

Yes we're soft. People bitch if the McDonalds drive thru takes more than 3 minutes or if their electricity goes out for a few hours. Life was tough especially during the depression and war times. We can go to WalMart and have a selection of pain meds and groceries people could only have dreamed of not that long ago. We're truly blessed with an abundance. We have life so easy. Watching TV and reading this board our biggest worries appear to be if we can get a hard on or not. The incredible engineering advances our forefathers made during the last century really paved he way for at least physically a life of ease.

No argument here, you say "soft", I say "advanced". People do what they have to do, generation after generation. No doubt it was tough, my Grandpa and his brother were kicked out of the house to fend for themselves in the mid 30's when he was 12 or 13, too many mouths to feed. He joined the merchant marines at the outset of WWII and basically said it was good because he had something to eat every day.

Nowadays if the electricity went out half of us would be dead in two weeks because we're helpless.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Boomer 1944-1964
Gen X..1965-1979
Millenial...1980 to 1994
Gen Z..1995 to 2015
Kinda curious as to who makes up the majority of posters on this board. No need for age if you don't want to but rep your set. I'll start, Gen X here. Now play nice boomers and millennials. Winking
generation-x-millennials-boomers-tweets0-1.jpg
Gen X. So, ultimately, I don’t care about the results of this survey.

Reactions: headcard
Generation Jones:
"Generation Jones is the social cohort of the latter half of the Baby boomers to the first years of Generation X."

We had the same general home life of Boomers — stable two-parent family, neighborhood-based recreation and sports, strong public schools, etc. — but we were way too young to be part of the free-love generation (thanks, AIDS) or the hippie movement.

And while we don't share the same family and social experiences as most Generation X members, we share a general cynicism of the world. We came of age during the late '70s, when the oil crisis and rampant inflation punctured the boom of the previous decades, and the early '80s, when "greed is good" became the popular mantra of Wall Street and the moneyed class. We compensate with sarcasm and snark, the hallmarks of Gen X communication style.

Oh, and cocaine.

I may be a few beers in but does anyone see the hypocrisy in the whole "ok boomer" thing? The generation using that phrase is essentially age discriminating while beating PC culture to death. They chastise anyone who mentions race or sexual orientation but are casting out an older age demographic. Fu@king millennials.

Reactions: WHCSC
Boomer X for me. Can't believe I'm damn near to staring 60 in the face.

I would have thought the the term millennial would apply to the people born after the new millennium... I but at the end of the day I’m with the one that said this arguement is kinda pointless... I have seen people within every one of those generation fall into the Perceived pattern of behavior for the “generations”... however I have tended to group most kids born on or around 2000 as millennials... and to me there is a little bit of a social difference and a sense of entitlement with kids born around that time... I personally think it has more to do with being raised in an overly sensitive society that can’t handle the truth, and every one is a winner.... but that’s my take on it

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT