ADVERTISEMENT

Rep your group...

X-LOGO_1_alpha-950x535.png

The only thing I've got breaking down right now is my joints. Man it sucks to get old.
No kidding, was using a wrench the other morning when it was cold, dam couldn’t get my finger on my left had to work, i broke my thumb about 25 years ago and I believe arthritis is in that area. But like a 93 year old banker to me when I asked him how’s it going, his reply was I’m still looking down.

Reactions: dinglefritz
No kidding, was using a wrench the other morning when it was cold, dam couldn’t get my finger on my left had to work, i broke my thumb about 25 years ago and I believe arthritis is in that area. But like a 93 year old banker to me when I asked him how’s it going, his reply was I’m still looking down.
The good news is that I can alternate which leg I want to limp on. I was too hard on my body for too many years. Man I miss being able to run up and down a basketball court.

My mother had two good quotes, one is the golden years aren’t all that golden, the second one is it could be worse.
My favorite that I coined is "It doesn't matter. I'll be dead soon.":D It used to be that when I fixed fence I wanted that darned post to last a long long time. Now I figure 10 years will probably be enough.Laughing

BOOMER. Pains me to say because I don't want to be associated with Sooner. Last of the boomers....1964. but hey, was legal age vis grandfather clause

I was born 66. I didn't get so lucky. Texas dropped me from legal to underage when I turned 20. No grandfather clause. I'm still grumbling over that. Hahaha

Reactions: zrob
The good news is that I can alternate which leg I want to limp on. I was too hard on my body for too many years. Man I miss being able to run up and down a basketball court.
Yeah I think a lot of us boomers abused our bodies because we had to show we were macho or Charles atlas. I used to be able lift a sack of Portland cement throw it over my shoulder, he’ll now I struggle to lift a 40 pound bag of dog food

My favorite that I coined is "It doesn't matter. I'll be dead soon.":D It used to be that when I fixed fence I wanted that darned post to last a long long time. Now I figure 10 years will probably be enough.Laughing
Use hedge it will last longer than your grandchild as a fence post

Boomer 1944-1964
Gen X..1965-1979
Millenial...1980 to 1994
Gen Z..1995 to 2015
Kinda curious as to who makes up the majority of posters on this board. No need for age if you don't want to but rep your set. I'll start, Gen X here. Now play nice boomers and millennials. Winking
generation-x-millennials-boomers-tweets0-1.jpg
Born in 81 but sure as FU@K am not a millennial.

Use hedge it will last longer than your grandchild as a fence post
No hedge in my neck of the woods. I worked for a farmer in Missouri when I was in post-grad school and we cut and "planted" lots of hedge posts. Tough stuff. I've used some cedar but with as wet as it's been, the big ones even only last about 10 years.

No hedge in my neck of the woods. I worked for a farmer in Missouri when I was in post-grad school and we cut and "planted" lots of hedge posts. Tough stuff. I've used some cedar but with as wet as it's been, the big ones even only last about 10 years.
Road trip to either the saline center consignment auction in March, or Daykin ne consignment auction I believe the 3 Saturday in February.

For all the squabbling among generations I think we can all agree the greatest generation was the group that lived through a depression and 1 or 2 World Wars. Nobody today has problems that rivaled what my grandparents RIP lived through. Much respect.
hear hear

and shouts to current and former service members for keeping their legacy and our ability to share big red fandom alive and well

even though we may disagree, it's trivial and meaningless in the big picture

GBR, GBA(merica)

For all the squabbling among generations I think we can all agree the greatest generation was the group that lived through a depression and 1 or 2 World Wars. Nobody today has problems that rivaled what my grandparents RIP lived through. Much respect.
no kidding. Nobody had time or enough money to worry about all of the stupid crap going on today. It is absolutely amazing how simply and toughly people lived before the 1950s. This country has grown amazingly soft and dependent.

Road trip to either the saline center consignment auction in March, or Daykin ne consignment auction I believe the 3 Saturday in February.
I just put in as fresh of a railroad tie as I can find if I want something stout that will last a while. The next owner will probably bring in a dozer and push it in a pile anyway.

Yeah I think a lot of us boomers abused our bodies because we had to show we were macho or Charles atlas. I used to be able lift a sack of Portland cement throw it over my shoulder, he’ll now I struggle to lift a 40 pound bag of dog food
Meh. I worked hard and did lots of physically demanding things when I was younger but I did more damage to my body playing basketball from my early 20s until 40 than anything else. My hips, knees, feet and ankles are shot. We had a group of guys including some former college and pro players that played basketball at noon 3 times a week. It was fast and furious for a full hour. Great great fun. Man I miss that. Actually Tim Miles played with us one time at a basketball camp one time when he was first starting in coaching. Man he was terrible. I asked somebody "is that a coach or a camper?".

no kidding. Nobody had time or enough money to worry about all of the stupid crap going on today. It is absolutely amazing how simply and toughly people lived before the 1950s. This country has grown amazingly soft and dependent.
Literally the most boomer thing you could have written. I'm just giving you crap Dingle, but it's true! You find me a time machine and take me to 1850 and I'll find a guy complaining about how soft the kids are nowadays, what with their flushing toilets and all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT