ADVERTISEMENT

Refs Bias? Linesman facebook profile pic is michigan players

salsa red

Junior
Dec 25, 2019
245315433_10159547403349441_7933948508313108659_n.jpg

They had to go to school somewhere I guess. Unless there’s a ref’s college.

True. But putting a fanboy background like this, letting the world know you cheer for a team in the league is in bad taste.

I knew a guy that officiated in the Big 12. I knew he was a KSU guy, but I know he never would have wanted to give that impression and certainly would never have done something like this. Such poor judgement.

I wondered how a crew could possibly miss this. Must of been trying to get Jim’s autograph at the time:

Yeah, this happens a lot. I wonder if refs see it hit 0 and still wait a beat?

Or maybe they just don't notice. Maybe just have the goal posts light up or something, like in Basketball.

Yeah, this happens a lot. I wonder if refs see it hit 0 and still wait a beat?

Or maybe they just don't notice. Maybe just have the goal posts light up or something, like in Basketball.
Exactly that, back judge watches the clock, when he sees it hit 0, he looks at the center to see if the ball is moving, so the offense gets another second or two usually. Happens quite a bit.

Maybe he can put up a photo of him working a Gopher game so we can keep this going.

Maybe we could get a group of Minnesota super fans from the crowd or if that’s still too soft, maybe we could just let PJ call the game.

Can you help with the photography..
I’m not the one bitching about a guy putting a photo of himself working on his Facebook page.

Just more whining from Nebraska fan about officiating. It doesn’t matter what sport or who the opponent is, if Nebraska loses a game, rest assured there will be complaining about the officiating.

Maybe we could get a group of Minnesota super fans from the crowd or if that’s still too soft, maybe we could just let PJ call the game.
Which ever. It won’t matter if it was a Nebraska fan doing the officiating, someone would be complaining about the officiating.

Have any of you seen the 3rd quarter playing of Thunderstuck that was recorded by a Michigan staffer or player? That was 100% taunting and not a single flag. Refs just kept telling them to get back. Do they Husker players jump around and yell shit at the opposing players during that song? I know it normally wouldnt be allowed to yell things during a end of quarter break.

I’m not the one bitching about a guy putting a photo of himself working on his Facebook page.

Just more whining from Nebraska fan about officiating. It doesn’t matter what sport or who the opponent is, if Nebraska loses a game, rest assured there will be complaining about the officiating.
I hate where our fan base has degraded to after being irrelevant for so many years. Having lunch with two Iowa State fans yesterday and was painful to listen to them laugh about when they “used to”bitch about officiating all the time. They said that what fan bases do when you haven’t sniffed a bowl game for years.

I commented on that when it happened live. My wife and I both were like, did that just happen?Unbelievable.

This was far from the only time he did that. The lady next to me even commented on how he kept moving the ball forward when he spotted it for Michigan.

I hate where our fan base has degraded to after being irrelevant for so many years. Having lunch with two Iowa State fans yesterday and was painful to listen to them laugh about when they “used to”bitch about officiating all the time. They said that what fan bases do when you haven’t sniffed a bowl game for years.

It isn't just teams that haven't made a bowl game in years. If Michigan had lost, there would be some Wolverine fans bitching about the refs. It is what some fans do.

I normally don’t complain about losing a games about officiating..

But last Saturday was truly obvious in the officiating bias happening on the field..

Reactions: headcard
I'm sure plenty of Iowa State fans bitched mightily when Iowa took them to the woodshed AGAIN. When they beat Kansas by 50, they're in a league with Alabama. 😅

Y’all are so soft. It’s a picture of him working a game that happens to be a Michigan and northwestern game.

I mean he grew up in Mich and still lives in Mich.
Pretty good chance he could be a Michgan Fan..

He could have use any other pic as his header of a game he was working that wasn't from a game we got hosed on...lol

Just sayin..

Reactions: scarletred
There's a reason EVERY fanbase complains about refs.
Some are bad (like in every profession)
Some are women (seriously, the first woman who gets hurt and the NCAA will go to flag football)
and some are paid off by boosters or betters

Reactions: bowlhawk
the offense was taking a siesta the first half..so they just handed off to the lightest back possible, to go up the middle. you can't do that against michigan and leave the black shirts on a island playing mich and the refs...I mean unless you have the pipeline and lp.

the offense in the first half should have been getting at least 14 points.....so then when the game ends you have a couple more touchdowns then the refs figured you would..then they have to explain to the big 10 why they let michigan lose.
this is how you rise above the bs.

We had the ball on 3rd & 1 with 1:45 left in the game and we choked. End of story.
But you know that was the refs' fault too? Right? They intentionally didn't blow the whistle until Martinez fumbled.

I mean, you could argue that in that situation a 4th year starting quarterback would be smart enough to get the first down and then get on the ground... or maybe he'd make sure the ball was secure and no one short of Hercules could strip it.... but nah... it's the refs' fault.

Reactions: B1G RED RULES
I mean he grew up in Mich and still lives in Mich.
Pretty good chance he could be a Michgan Fan..

He could have use any other pic as his header of a game he was working that wasn't from a game we got hosed on...lol

Just sayin..
Is there any evidence that he makes favorable calls in Michigan's favor over the course of his career? If not, it is just a freaking picture.

Every referee grew up somewhere, currently lives somewhere and went to school somewhere. Are they all biased to the schools in the state they live in, grew up in and/ or went to school in? What if he is a Michigan St. fan, or better yet a Western Michigan fan, you know where he actually went to school.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT