ADVERTISEMENT

RedZone woes

RedMyMind

Head Coach
Aug 22, 2017
Redzone issues were the name of the game under Frost. Adrian, while electric, shit the bed in the redzone.

It will be interesting to see how Nebraska converts in the red zone with Dylan. Nebraska was 100% at converting TDs with Dylan in the redzone, minus DD fumble. There is just so much that the defending team must account for.

Reactions: Laner2
One of the things I liked about Tommy Armstrong and Tommie Frazier was that both them went into games expecting to win. That cockiness, bordering on arrogance, carried their rosters with them. I don't see that same cockiness with DR, but you can tell he EXPECTS to complete passes, move chains, score on every possession and win games.

I'm mindful it's one game against a minor opponent, but I'd rather see that confidence than the frantic deer in the headlights body language we've dealt with for over a decade.

BTW, a lot of Io_a fans on their board think they are NU's bowl game. Yeah, nah.

One of the things I liked about Tommy Armstrong and Tommie Frazier was that both them went into games expecting to win. That cockiness, bordering on arrogance, carried their rosters with them. I don't see that same cockiness with DR, but you can tell he EXPECTS to complete passes, move chains, score on every possession and win games.

I'm mindful it's one game against a minor opponent, but I'd rather see that confidence than the frantic deer in the headlights body language we've dealt with for over a decade.

BTW, a lot of Io_a fans on their board think they are NU's bowl game. Yeah, nah.
Iowa fans are over the moon with their sloppy win yesterday. UTEP had playmakers that Illinois State didn't.

It is going to be interesting to see how Dylan develops over the next few years.

Riola has confidence because he prepares at a high level . Combine that with his skills , coaching, and supporting cast , we have a chance to build something. I could care less what happened last year , this team is vastly different just in personnel alone. One game at a time , fans hear it but don't listen. Last year = history. Colorado is up.

Riola has confidence because he prepares at a high level . Combine that with his skills , coaching, and supporting cast , we have a chance to build something. I could care less what happened last year , this team is vastly different just in personnel alone. One game at a time , fans hear it but don't listen. Last year = history. Colorado is up.
I agree. I was comparing it to the Adrian Martinez years where you'd think a dynamic player like him would be hell for defenses in the red zone but it never happened. Deer in the headlights every time it seemed.

The back corner fade route where our WR was held is going to be tough to defend due to how good Dylan is at ball placement.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I agree. I was comparing it to the Adrian Martinez years where you'd think a dynamic player like him would be hell for defenses in the red zone but it never happened. Deer in the headlights every time it seemed.

The back corner fade route where our WR was held is going to be tough to defend due to how good Dylan is at ball placement.
Yeah D man can check down without panic . We got weapons to use , implement them. He's more Tom Brady like, then his hero PM.

To be fair, Iowa has been our bowl game for years - and we have not been successful winning it either. They own us since we started playing them in the B10. Time to change that.

Reactions: huskers360
Don’t worry about Iowa and their fans so much. We know they have an inferiority complex about Nebraska so of course they are going to post stupid things like that yesterday will be Nebraska’s only win this year, UTEP is a cupcake….nevermind Iowa played an FCS team!

Anyways this next game is where it’s all at for me! We’ve lost 3 straight to the Buffs. Better not lose again! Success in the red zone will be crucial….no turnovers!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT