ADVERTISEMENT

Red Raiders have invaded radius

Yantzeee

Junior
Nov 25, 2021
Which of our coaches is recruiting for Texas Tech? Guessing G McGuire. You’ve never seen Texas Tech land 2 NE kids and a kid from SD, let alone in the same year. Guessing Garret is recruiting for pop. Maybe you’ll make the argument these are kid we weren’t recruiting. But you don’t want an outsider like that creating a pipeline in your backyard.

What’s the trade off? I don’t think we’d want Tech scraps and Texas is well recruited.

And maybe it’s not Garrett. Could be a few of our coaches. But I’m not sure I like this At all.

Which of our coaches is recruiting for Texas Tech? Guessing G McGuire. You’ve never seen Texas Tech land 2 NE kids and a kid from SD, let alone in the same year. Guessing Garret is recruiting for pop. Maybe you’ll make the argument these are kid we weren’t recruiting. But you don’t want an outsider like that creating a pipeline in your backyard.

What’s the trade off? I don’t think we’d want Tech scraps and Texas is well recruited.

And maybe it’s not Garrett. Could be a few of our coaches. But I’m not sure I like this At all.
Maybe I'm not catching the sarcasm? Looks like Tech went north to find all their olineman that we didn't offer. No P5 offers between all 3 combined and looks like they all jumped on the Tech offer. Nothing to see here.

Maybe I'm not catching the sarcasm? Looks like Tech went north to find all their olineman that we didn't offer. No P5 offers between all 3 combined and looks like they all jumped on the Tech offer. Nothing to see here.
Absolutely nothing to see here. You can see the recruits were getting on the oline as of late. We're not looking for the scraps. They are.

You seem to enjoy drama. Do you miss middle school?

Congrats OP. You must have a stress free life if this is what you come up with to worry about.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Instead of worrying about Texas tech we should be focused on not being the absolute worst power 5 team in the radius for the 8th consecutive year (probably rank below S Dakota State and NDSU as well)

You didn’t specify how big the radius is but in thinking about it the radius could be 50, a 100 or 1000 miles and we would still be the worst power 5 team in all of those … sad
Haven’t we all decided you should go play in traffic.

So the coaches of the Texas schools must be recruiting for us?

So the coaches of the Texas schools must be recruiting for us?
Yeah, Rhule didn't want to make the deal but he felt it was too good to pass up. Tech helps us get the top player in Hawaii every year along with the top player in Iowa every once in a while. And they threw in a good Texas OT. Rhule helps them secure some low 3 star OL from NE/SD.

In all seriousness, it wouldn't shock me if Rhule did pass along a good word for these kids. They may have indicated they wanted a scholarship and weren't willing to take an NIL deal. Rhule sees where our OL recruiting is going and helps them get a P5 offer. Keeps them out of the Big 10. Tech tried to go head to head with that OT from SD. Didn't work out so good.

Yeah, Rhule didn't want to make the deal but he felt it was too good to pass up. Tech helps us get the top player in Hawaii every year along with the top player in Iowa every once in a while. And they threw in a good Texas OT. Rhule helps them secure some low 3 star OL from NE/SD.

In all seriousness, it wouldn't shock me if Rhule did pass along a good word for these kids. They may have indicated they wanted a scholarship and weren't willing to take an NIL deal. Rhule sees where our OL recruiting is going and helps them get a P5 offer. Keeps them out of the Big 10. Tech tried to go head to head with that OT from SD. Didn't work out so good.
There's no doubt through the history of this game that coaches have recommended kids to other schools, kids they're not recruiting but deserve a scholarship somewhere else. Recommending a kid to Texas Tech is logical in that the chance of us playing Texas Tech in any game of consequence is almost zero.

I think it's just Texas Tech trying something new. At some point, somebody needs to notice that South Dakota St. and North Dakota St. have been putting out better offensive linemen than many Power Five schools. Just as well take a look into the region. Kansas State and Oregon State have been recruiting Nebraska and the Dakotas pretty hard as well although those staffs have Nebraska ties.

I 100% know these coaches are consulting with each other on roster strategy.

Tech is doing $25,000 NIL deals for 105 players. All 85 scholarship players and 20 walk-ons. If anything, it may be the other way around where there is NIL to go there.

We are doing a similar strategy by using NIL for roster size. We talk about being 10 over the 85 cap. At some point it gets to be too many and comparing notes is a good thing.

people on this board get so butt hurt when you make an observation that isn’t 100% drinking the kill-aid. It’s an observation that is worth noting if you have half a mind or be like guys like Pelinithecrutch and answer back with “JFC”, which ironically is what his wife says to me all the time, but under different circumstances.

Wish we could be dam adults and actually have an intelligent communication thread. But people want to think small and that’s fine. Just find it dam interesting that a team that has never recruited this area, has 3 commits after the HC of Tech son is coaching in this area.

If these post bother you so much, dont read. Don’t read. Don’t read. Go back to watching the 95 highlight clips

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
people on this board get so butt hurt when you make an observation that isn’t 100% drinking the kill-aid. It’s an observation that is worth noting if you have half a mind or be like guys like Pelinithecrutch and answer back with “JFC”, which ironically is what his wife says to me all the time, but under different circumstances.

Wish we could be dam adults and actually have an intelligent communication thread. But people want to think small and that’s fine. Just find it dam interesting that a team that has never recruited this area, has 3 commits after the HC of Tech son is coaching in this area.

If these post bother you so much, dont read. Don’t read. Don’t read. Go back to watching the 95 highlight clips
We're not recruiting these kids. What do you want, our coaches to tell them they can't play for us, but they also can't play anywhere else?

Say Nebraska gets commitments from 3 LBs from out of state, 5,5, and 4 stars. Are you saying that it's a failure on the part of our coaching staff if the 5.5 3 star kid from York goes to KU because he might be able to play there?

Haha fabricated drama. So funny

Reactions: Huskers123456

JFC…

Didn't read.

I think you are worrying about nothing. We will find out in the next recruiting cycle. But until TT comes into Nebraska and gets a player that Nebraska truly wants and goes after hard it’s a non issue IMO.

Wtf do you mean an observation? You speculated that our coaching staff is helping recruit for another school. Despite the fact we just got a kid who was offered and visited both since father's day. Drama.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT