ADVERTISEMENT

John Butler- New DBs coach. DC in waiting?

You would think with all the back and forth that the D was the issue.
I am not worried about the D, Rhule needs to figure out WTF to do with the O this year. I think Satt sucks, some say it was all personnel.
I thought Donnie’s group of OL sucked last year like they did the year prior.. some say he’s fine and we “got better” or something…
I guess we will see since Donnie is in year 3 now and he has Dylan at QB.
No more effing excuses

You would think with all the back and forth that the D was the issue.
I am not worried about the D, Rhule needs to figure out WTF to do with the O this year. I think Satt sucks, some say it was all personnel.
I thought Donnie’s group of OL sucked last year like they did the year prior.. some say he’s fine and we “got better” or something…
I guess we will see since Donnie is in year 3 now and he has Dylan at QB.
No more effing excuses
There are about to be so, so many excuses

Does top 5 hire mean he's in the top 5 best coaches to hire? how do you even measure that?
An insane statement only the most cross-eyed of Cletii could fathom typing

Off-season hype has jumped the shark

Again with the weight. What gives? You put a camera in my place or something? This obsession with me is really getting to you…

Seek help.
You’ve openly admitted to gaining at least 50lbs on this board

I’m sure it’s my fault that happened to you.

You’ve openly admitted to gaining at least 50lbs on this board

I’m sure it’s my fault that happened to you.
I don’t even remember that. Good on you for keeping tabs on everything I post. I think.

Or maybe my previous post stands. Seek help.

I don’t even remember that. Good on you for keeping tabs on everything I post. I think.

Or maybe my previous post stands. Seek help.

No help required

Watched Michigan Wash St in 1998… wore my husker sweatshirt and got razzed for it by fans telling me I was at the wrong place. Seats were benches, but it felt more roomy (could have been because I was 50 lbs lighter at the time as well). No bad seats as far as viewing the game from what I could see.

Might suggest a little more movement and a little less intake for you, though.

And perhaps a glance into that mirror I’m always holding up in front of you every now and again

No help required

And perhaps a glance into that mirror I’m always holding up in front of you every now and again
Wow, nice grab! Of course, that was 26 years ago when I was in my 20s, but good for you!

A question: do you have a spreadsheet of posters you troll with items to bring out when you’re super pissed or something? How did you remember this so fast?

Reactions: RedMyMind
Wow, nice grab! Of course, that was 26 years ago when I was in my 20s, but good for you!

A question: do you have a spreadsheet of posters you troll with items to bring out when you’re super pissed or something? How did you remember this so fast?
I remember everything, Tim

And I remember it exactly as it was

Which is why I find it so bizarre that so many insist on arguing with me so often

• Haha
Reactions: huntered
No help required

Kong is a steel trap - and can find threads/posts like no one else.

Sam Elliott Country GIF by GritTV

Reactions: timnsun
I remember everything, Tim

And I remember it exactly as it was

Which is why I find it so bizarre that so many insist on arguing with me so often
So no spreadsheet? Just a steel trap for a memory? And you waste it here?

We are all blessed to have you keeping us all honest.

So no spreadsheet? Just a steel trap for a memory? And you waste it here?

We are all blessed to have you keeping us all honest.
No spreadsheet. Yes, a steel trap.

And I employ it everywhere, all the time.

• Haha
Reactions: RBigredMax
And @king_kong_, for the record, 26 years ago, I was underweight, so now I’m just about right.

Don’t want you worrying about me unnecessarily anymore. I have a wife for that, anyway.

And @king_kong_, for the record, 26 years ago, I was underweight, so now I’m just about right.

Don’t want you worrying about me unnecessarily anymore. I have a wife for that, anyway.
No, I get it

It’s a feature, not a bug

Very consistent with your wiring

No spreadsheet. Yes, a steel trap.

And I employ it everywhere, all the time.
A long time ago a reporter asked Albert Einstein what his home phone number was and Einstein said "I don't know."
When the reporter asked him why not, Einstein said, "Why should I memorize it when I can just look in the phone book?".

Reactions: king_kong_
Just like I knew you’d externalize
What am I externalizing? I’m laughing at your attempts to bait me. You used to get me good, but since I’ve figured you out, I either ignore you or, like today, have fun at your expense. This has been pure joy for me seeing you use your energy and wit to try and draw me in.

So your theory is "those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us who do"?
This was in response to Post 140.

• Love
What am I externalizing? I’m laughing at your attempts to bait me. You used to get me good, but since I’ve figured you out, I either ignore you or, like today, have fun at your expense. This has been pure joy for me seeing you use your energy and wit to try and draw me in.
You do understand that you’re responding to me over and over, correct?

I post my opinions, you immediately respond with something like “here we go again”. Rinse, repeat. No matter the topic.

And you’re externalizing your weight gain, excusing it and accepting it instead of saying, “you’re right, Kong, I could do better to keep fit.”

So your theory is "those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us who do"?
This was in response to Post 140.
I certainly don’t know everything and freely admit it.

Its one of the reasons I like this board and those who offer up something - anything - thought provoking while having a bottomless appetite to shame those with zero to offer.

You do understand that you’re responding to me over and over, correct?

I post my opinions, you immediately respond with something like “here we go again”. Rinse, repeat. No matter the topic.

And you’re externalizing your weight gain, excusing it and accepting it instead of saying, “you’re right, Kong, I could do better to keep fit.”
You should be a life coach. You are doing wonders for me. Ready to run through a brick wall. You inspire me!

• Sad
You should be a life coach. You are doing wonders for me. Ready to run through a brick wall. You inspire me!
I’m afraid the opposite is true

Despite the accurate nature of my posts toward you, they are laughed off as ravings from the lunatic fringe

Again, I implore you to internalize, knowing full well you will not.

All because “it’s not what you say, it’s how you say it”

And now it’s going further with each exchange. Soon you will equate disagreeing with me with doing what is morally right.

I think it's a really good hire as the DB coach... I'm not so certain I would anoint him DC in waiting just yet... In his loan stint, he and his D gave up 168 on the ground in a loss to Nebraska, who happened to be fielding 3 stringer Ron Kellogg after Armstrong went down in the 1st quarter... They gave up 44 points to 7-7 Indiana in a blowout loss, gave up 63 points and 408 on the ground in another blowout loss to Ohio State, and gave up nearly 300 yards on the ground to UCF in a loss at home... If White were to leave, I just think they should take a long hard look at more seasoned DCs who might be available...

I think it's a really good hire as the DB coach... I'm not so certain I would anoint him DC in waiting just yet... In his loan stint, he and his D gave up 168 on the ground in a loss to Nebraska, who happened to be fielding 3 stringer Ron Kellogg after Armstrong went down in the 1st quarter... They gave up 44 points to 7-7 Indiana in a blowout loss, gave up 63 points and 408 on the ground in another blowout loss to Ohio State, and gave up nearly 300 yards on the ground to UCF in a loss at home... If White were to leave, I just think they should take a long hard look at more seasoned DCs who might be available...
I think Rhule is a smart guy and this year should provide some good information for him regarding both Dvorcek and Butler, and which, if either looks to have what it takes to take over the entire defense. No doubt, Tony will have first hand knowledge of how good he thinks either of them could be to inherit the job if he leaves.

I think Dvorcek was the DC for one of the teams in the fall league, and surely Rhule and Tony have an "idea" if he has what it takes. To me, the litmus test would be at the end of the year if Tony wants one or the other, or neither, to go with him and become his DC at wherever he goes. If not, like you say, its time to take a hard look at someone who's already proven.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT