ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting updates 2023-24

I’d like to see how that works. We took his verbal even though it’s non-binding, but then later said we changed our minds.?
Only spitballing here, but my guess is the convo went something like this:

Rhule: "Jaxon, we intend to honor our scholarship offer to you. However, we also intend to recruit the very best we can find. That very well may lead to you not getting the NIL, playing time or notice that you can ultimately get elsewhere. But if you still want to come here, the scholarship is yours."

At least I would hope it would be something like that.

Rhule is clearly cleaning the roster. We can speculate if its because he's trying to wedge down to 85, trying to make room for a headliner, or both. What's clear is that roster management is taking place. How refreshing!
We saw roster management with Frost too. I'll save the celebration for who we bring in.

Rhule: "Jaxon, we intend to honor our scholarship offer to you. However, we also intend to recruit the very best we can find. That very well may lead to you not getting the NIL, playing time or notice that you can ultimately get elsewhere. But if you still want to come here, the scholarship is yours."

Or just tell him to gtfo, can be just as effective.

We saw roster management with Frost too. I'll save the celebration for who we bring in.
To what extent? And how early on? It's clear to me that Rhule's conversations with the players (maybe staff) after one year on the job has made some folks give up their schollies and move on to more agreeable pastures. Do not recall the Frostmeister doing that after year one, or ever, really until Trev made him do it.

To what extent? And how early on? It's clear to me that Rhule's conversations with the players (maybe staff) after one year on the job has made some folks give up their schollies and move on to more agreeable pastures. Do not recall the Frostmeister doing that after year one, or ever, really until Trev made him do it.
He did it plenty when he came in... Replaced the Riley guys with Frost guys. Too bad the Frost guys weren't any better.

This seems like you reasonable approach, ‘Coach, NIL guys are withholding the bag!!!’

Coach: ‘sorry kid, I’m not allowed to get into that’

Reactions: Laner2
IMO, Keelan is going to be a WR. He’s not TE thick, but is near 6’4”. We are going to be loaded with WR potential. A couple smaller fast guys, a couple tall guys, and Barney, who’s mid size with speed.
I like the WR class. Add them to Lloyd, Doss, Malachi, Bell, IGC…. Future looks good.

Last edited:
IMO, Keelan is going to be a WR. He’s not TE thick, but is near 6’4”. We are going to be loaded with WR potential. A couple smaller fast guys, a couple tall guys, and Barney, who’s mid size with speed.
I like the WR class. Add them to Lloyd, Doss, Malachi, Bell, IGC…. Future looks good.
It is, after all, a "positionless" offense.

Not a fan of 160lb guys but with that height maybe he can add weight. Visions of that Grixby kid…

Like big boys eh?
not that there's anything wrong with that seinfeld GIF by myLAB Box

Jk

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT