ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting, Talent and HCMR and the Staff

JerseyHusker

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Jun 10, 2001
I can't even properly convey how great this weekend was for Nebraska football and how excited I was to read posts and talk with my buddy about the state of the program. Is this what it feels like? Will this continue? I have been a fan for a very long time and I am as excited about the future of the program as I have been in what seems like 15+ years.

The talent we secured this weekend is what every single one of us knows we need. I know signing day is a long way away and some things can change but I think we now see that this staff can absolutely compete on the national stage. Bookie is a program changing recruit on and off the field. I watched his commitment video again this morning and it still gave me the chills.

I want Goodrich, I love his film and I think he will be a fantastic player. I absolutely want him but I also know that if we don't get him, we will get someone who is practically equally in terms of talent. When was the last time we could say that? I feel the same way about Moore at WR. I want him but I know KW will reel in an elite prospect just like DW.

We are in on so many kids, I'd love to take a dig at Bo and the previous staff but it's really not worth it. We've all suffered enough, no? At this point, we should all believe in this staff. Some tough losses last year but I think this will be the first year where our talent level is going to allow this staff to call games properly on both sides and we will have the talent and depth to win. Maybe not the Ohio State game, they are incredibly talented but every other game/team we play. Last year's class + this year's class should get us to a point where we are no worse than 4th in terms of talent in the Big10. Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State had monster classes last year. This is our year to put major distance between us and the rest of the conference.

TL looks to be the real deal. I am not looking past Arkansas State on September 2nd but I am already foaming at the mouth for the September 9th game at Oregon. I don't know if we will win that early road game but I no longer have the fear of losing by 20+ like I did a few years ago in a big game.

We are probably going to have a ton of awesome moments in recruiting over the next 6-8 months but we will probably have a few tough ones. I want to thank the HOL Staff for being awesome and when I get to Lincoln this year (hopefully), the first 5 rounds are on me. Who needs the Platinum board when we have the best group in the business.

Give me the one kid you want to commit based on where things stand. Is it Gunnell so that we have the next stud in place and kids will know it? Is it Trout or someone else?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News