ADVERTISEMENT

Reason 4,678 Scott Frost sucks

Those two shouldn’t have any supporters in this state except for the things Frost did as a player. As a coach, what a steaming pile of trash.
It would be one thing to ask him to maybe be more of an observer if they had him down on the depth chart. It’s another to exclude a scholarship player from the position group meetings. This is just idiotic and negligent.

HH isn’t a D1 quarterback, not even group of 5. He’s like a rook in chess, can only run fast in one direction. Has no spin on his throws. Once teams figured this out, we saw how it played out.

He’s incredibly athletic but he needs to take notes from Luke McCaffery. Not hating on the kid, just tying to be honest.

I get he led us to the only wins of the season, but anybody with common sense knows the wins were despite qb play, not because of it.

HH isn’t a D1 quarterback, not even group of 5. He’s like a rook in chess, can only run fast in one direction. Has no spin on his throws. Once teams figured this out, we saw how it played out.

He’s incredibly athletic but he needs to take notes from Luke McCaffery. Not hating on the kid, just tying to be honest.

I get he led us to the only wins of the season, but anybody with common sense knows the wins were despite qb play, not because of it.
That’s another discussion. Frost ****ed him

So what room was he put in for the year? Did he tell Rhule where he was put and it said as well? Never mind let’s just keep going forward and getting better as a team.

With the offense Whipple wanted to run I could see why he had no interest in HH. Casey and Cubba were specifically brought in to do so. Regardless, I don’t believe the starting QB is currently on the roster anyway. There’s a good chance that Sims, Purdy, and maybe even HH( I doubt he’d leave willingly) will all be gone.

A guest on 1620 also said they asked Mickey about HH as an option at QB last year when Casey was hurt. Mickey just laughed and didn't answer the question.
I mean HH being put in a game last season was kinda laughable.

But still, why you wouldn't have a scholarship qb in qb meetings? Especially if you haven't told him you want him to change positions.

Nebraska has a "type" at QB

I mean HH being put in a game last season was kinda laughable.

But still, why you wouldn't have a scholarship qb in qb meetings? Especially if you haven't told him you want him to change positions.
I suppose it speaks to the dysfunction in our program. I don't understand why you would recruit and sign a guy as a qb and not try to develop him. Would love if someone got the full story.

I suppose it speaks to the dysfunction in our program. I don't understand why you would recruit and sign a guy as a qb and not try to develop him. Would love if someone got the full story.
The coaches that recruited him had been fired. Pretty sure if MJ had been named the HC than HH was going to be moving positions. It could be that it was just the result of an OC who knew this was his last go around wasn't gonna take the time to develop HH, or any qb really.

To your point, speaks to dysfunction on that staff. Also speaks volumes on Frosts terrible recruiting, specifically at that position.

The coaches that recruited him had been fired. Pretty sure if MJ had been named the HC than HH was going to be moving positions. It could be that it was just the result of an OC who knew this was his last go around wasn't gonna take the time to develop HH, or any qb really.

To your point, speaks to dysfunction on that staff. Also speaks volumes on Frosts terrible recruiting, specifically at that position.
Aren't the backup qbs usually used to signal things in? Why wouldn't you want him in meetings? What did he do while meetings were going on? Making coffee??

Seems moronic to me.

Aren't the backup qbs usually used to signal things in? Why wouldn't you want him in meetings? What did he do while meetings were going on? Making coffee??

Seems moronic to me.
I never said it was a genius move. But that was a staff that probably knew they weren't gonna be retained.

Also, they had other qbs that could signal.

Pretty sure the HH was not in MJs qb plans if he had been named the HC.

Reactions: scarletred
For all we know SF told Whipple “ go ahead and do want you want I’m going to be out of hear”

It would have had to have been on Mickey shoulders why he wasn’t in the room..
Rhule never said why he wasn’t in the meetings said said he wasn’t even QB in the meeting last year.

Reactions: Baxter48
For all we know SF told Whipple “ go ahead and do want you want I’m going to be out of hear”

It would have had to have been on Mickey shoulders why he wasn’t in the room..
Rhule never said why he wasn’t in the meetings said said he wasn’t even QB in the meeting last year.
“Heinrich wasn't even in quarterback meetings last year [during coach Scott Frost's tenure]. He wasn't even allowed to go to meetings. So I'm really proud of him."

HH played a bunch in the spring game of Frosts last year. He did reasonably well. He was a QB for the team in 2022. This is a fail by Frost/ Whipple UNLESS Rhule is lying. I don’t believe he is lying.

Seems moronic to me.
Just by watching frosts body language he checked out before the 22 season jmo he wanted fired after 21 season so he didn’t care we were doomed before the season begins and you almost think he purposely threw the northwestern game

Ehhhh, Just speaking as someone who has coached, I have had guys that after 1 practice we move to a new spot.

Now, that is probably totally different at the HS level but still, I get it. And it is not like they totally "missed" on it...it is not like HH came in and was this AA type, setting the world on fire.

In fact, there is probably a better chance that he never takes a game snap again at QB.

Just by watching frosts body language he checked out before the 22 season jmo he wanted fired after 21 season so he didn’t care we were doomed before the season begins and you almost think he purposely threw the northwestern game
I think he totally knew it was over for him. Which is odd that he took a pay cut. But not only might he have known, I am guessing he was also okay with it. I think at the end he wanted to be gone.

Ehhhh, Just speaking as someone who has coached, I have had guys that after 1 practice we move to a new spot.

Now, that is probably totally different at the HS level but still, I get it. And it is not like they totally "missed" on it...it is not like HH came in and was this AA type, setting the world on fire.

In fact, there is probably a better chance that he never takes a game snap again at QB.
You may be right. I suppose they could have had him in the TE room. Depth chart is only 3 deep at qb and 5 deep for TE and he wasn't at qb or TE that I could find for 2022.

none of this is surprising

there are people here who actually posted that HH has had 3 years of development at NU

lol

he basically dragged this team and staff to 5 wins off the street

by all means, continue to shit on him, “Husker fans”

you losers don’t deserve winners.

Everybody here wanted him retained after the ‘21 season and actually believed we were “close”

Same people have the gall to accuse others of not knowing football

Funny

Frost & Solich belong in the same sentence. At least Frost held the f’ing line from what Riley set him up with. Didn’t improve, at all, and that’s on him.

Frank actually depleted our program of talent, VERY quickly.

Point is yeah Frosts years were disappointing in contrast to the success he’d had elsewhere… yet he’s persona non grata among a lot of ppl here. Yet Frankie is somehow Revered. I’m not seeing it… maybe because of what he did as an asst under Tom, but he HURT our program, badly. Seems a little hypocritical.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT