ADVERTISEMENT

Rashaan Salaam found dead

Permanent irreparable brain damage.
Read what I wrote. It isn't harmless. Then again, neither is booze or tobacco. I just have no interest in pretending that it somehow stands apart from booze. People that have problems associated with its use should not imbibe. I know people who use either or both. With two exceptions, any problems have been with drinking. In one case, the person was bipolar. The other person suffers from periodic depression. Both were using pot to self medicate. Quite frankly, if one is going to be picked for that (and I'm not endorsing), better it is pot.

I can get as political as anyone but for those ignoring the loss of human life to immediately go there, PLEASE go start another thread for that. A man took his own life and that is the best you have, stop just stop. Take 24-48 hours and then after some respect for the loss of life has been at least attempted to be pretended to be given, by all means just go back to being you.

The only possible benefit from "weed" for epilepsy is a lessening of the anxiety associated with having epilepsy. There have been no refereed scientific articles proving the efficacy of "weed" for any of the conditions you list. None. There are legal drugs for treating all of those conditions.

I think you'll find very few drugs, legal or illegal that are harmless. It's something that is harmful in one way, helpful in others just as many things in life. I'd say alcohol is far more harmful and has ruined far more lives than pot could ever dream of yet we don't make it out to be the devil.

"Legal drugs" is also something big pharma wants everyone to have, regardless of the endless amounts of side effects that comes with it. They'll also fund every possible scientific study to stand in the way of anything that could possibly threaten their empire.

Permanent irreparable brain damage.
WHEN I was traveling through the South and to the East coast earlier this year by auto; I went through and stayed in many communities. Talk shows and various media outlets were sounding an alarm about weed and also heroin use becoming a major problem, even into junior highs. Even DEA officials were giving interviews. ...... They said the average weed was ten times more powerful than thirty years ago. They also talked of how easily it was being processed into forms up to 100 times more potent and easily concealed product ( remember people bake the stuff in food also ). Its a major problem down Atlanta way. There is a " brand " , out of California ; that some junkies on the East coast reportedly prefer to heroin. ........ I believe in medicinal use. Seriously, weed is partially being legalized,, because they can't stop its use by so many - may as well allow the benefits and not turn legions into criminals... There are rules on concentration in various forms of alcohol; some things may be needed with weed. Companies will/are, come out with " more desirably effects "; imo , to make more money - as in better high, and possibly unknown side effects ( and non-regulated will be worse ). So there is a lot more going on out there, than we may have heard reported; or at least not widely known. I have never used it; but am aware of many who have tried it.

If I had Parkinsons disease, epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, glaucoma, cancer, Crohn's disease, wasting syndrome, or PTSD, I definitely would use marijuana. All of these have been proven effective for symptoms and approved for legal use. My nephew suffers from epileptic seizures and marijuana has been a life saver.

Add in Parkinson's. How it is only legalized in 28 states for medical use is beyond moronic. It is cruel to those that could truly benefit from it, and as you clearly conveyed, there are thousands that are needlessly suffering because of all the misinformation. And this comes from someone that has no interest in smoking it or consuming it in any manner.

Alcohol damages tens of thousands of more lives than weed each year. That's not even up for debate. We need to wise up and make it medically legal in every state, and get it over with already, so those that are suffering can benefit from it.

From that quote, I wouldn't be surprised if he was buying weed laced with cocaine or some other addictive substance to keep him hooked.

The other replies in this thread talking about the "dangers of weed" are hilarious.
I once heard a story about a weed smoker, the guy at an entire pizza and then fell asleep. No joke.

Reactions: jimbosc
The only possible benefit from "weed" for epilepsy is a lessening of the anxiety associated with having epilepsy. There have been no refereed scientific articles proving the efficacy of "weed" for any of the conditions you list. None. There are legal drugs for treating all of those conditions.
My wife has epilepsy. She was having hundreds of petit maul seizures a day. After they finally figured out what it was, they thought she had Parkinson's, brain tumors, etc, they started putting her on medicine. She takes three pills twice a day now. It took them a while to get the medicine right to relieve her symptoms. What didn't take long to relieve her symptoms was the gummies I bought at the dispensary right off I-80 in Colorado by Julesburg. The relief was very apparent and lasted well after any high had long left. I can assure you this was not a placebo effect.

Yeah and they work GREAT! You can become a Sinemet junkie if you have Parkinsons. too. Myabe if big Pharma can make a new weed to market it will suddenly be proven effective.

I really like most of what you say Dingle, but unless you've lived closely with any of those diseases be careful of what you say as it can set some off.

My wife has epilepsy. She was having hundreds of petit maul seizures a day. After they finally figured out what it was, they thought she had Parkinson's, brain tumors, etc, they started putting her on medicine. She takes three pills twice a day now. It took them a while to get the medicine right to relieve her symptoms. What didn't take long to relieve her symptoms was the gummies I bought at the dispensary right off I-80 in Colorado by Julesburg. The relief was very apparent and lasted well after any high had long left. I can assure you this was not a placebo effect.

My God daughters husband has epilepsy. and he gets them vapor cartridge deals of thc from Colorado. he the only person I know who has a legit use of it. the weed stop his brain from shooting some kinda electrons that caused him to go into seisures and squirm on the ground.
the problem is I quit weed about a decade ago, (only so many brain cells left)
but he's offering it to me and It's my God daughters husband...I just said no, but it was tempting..lol
although the weed he get is indica, and real powerful that causes couch lock.
I like the sativa that was more a upper, but makes you paranoid.
I liked the 70's laws on weed..it was illegal, but didn't ruin a persons life..unless you were dealing large quanities.

My wife never had what most people think of as a seizure. She had bizarre symptoms. I think that's why it took so long to figure out. The weed was a godsend. Her brain misfired all day and it would just wipe her out. The weed gave her back some quality of life she had lost. She's 35 years old
My God daughters husband has epilepsy. and he gets them vapor cartridge deals of thc from Colorado. he the only person I know who has a legit use of it. the weed stop his brain from shooting some kinda electrons that caused him to go into seisures and squirm on the ground.
the problem is I quit weed about a decade ago, (only so many brain cells left)
but he's offering it to me and It's my God daughters husband...I just said no, but it was tempting..lol
although the weed he get is indica, and real powerful that causes couch lock.
I like the sativa that was more a upper, but makes you paranoid.
I liked the 70's laws on weed..it was illegal, but didn't ruin a persons life..unless you were dealing large quanities.
qui

Yeah and they work GREAT! You can become a Sinemet junkie if you have Parkinsons. too. Myabe if big Pharma can make a new weed to market it will suddenly be proven effective.

I really like most of what you say Dingle, but unless you've lived closely with any of those diseases be careful of what you say as it can set some off.
Here's the problem. There is no proven scientific evidence for it's use AND the variation of potency of the material out there make it EXTREMELY variable in effect and effectiveness. The other issue is that people can easily get scripts for "medical MJ" that have no justifiable reason whatsover for getting it. Sooo basically it's just become a cover for recreational usage. There have been instances in Colorado of kids ODing and dying from MJ products. That's right, harmless MJ. In many things I tend to be a bit of a libertarian as in "why the hell is our government deciding these things for us". But with MJ legalization it's just the wild wild west and the guys selling it are capitalists that don't give a shit about your health and well being. They just want to make money. So, you HAVE to have the FDA controlling this stuff or lots of people will get hurt. You can make the active ingredients in MJ in to a pill form so if we really want it for medical use we should get rid of the smoke and put it in a USP controlled form and dosage. The problem is that in order to do that you have to jump through very expensive hoops AND PROVE EFFICACY and nobody has been able to do that thus far in scientific studies. That leads one to believe that in fact MOST of the perceived benefit from using MJ is psychological and not physical. JUST THE FACTS AS WE KNOW THEM THUS FAR. Empirical testimonials touting efficacy are not evidence of efficacy. Who knows, some day we may have bottles of THC in pill form in the cupboard instead of Tylenol......but until that time....

Had a good friend who's 13 y/o son swallowed a 12 guage in his bedroom. Ruined him and strained his marriage to the point he took a dangerous job in another state and drank to much from that day forward. My heart broke for him, even though he was an awesome dad he did what any of us would do, blamed himself. It was truely heart breaking to watch unfold.

Would you be so kind as to point me in the direction of those instances? Any links?
Do a google search. There was a story in the Denver Post about an 11 month old that died and a 2 year old that had to be put on a ventilator (life support) because of respiratory depression from ingesting pot edibles. I'll edit/add that TODAY reports that the national poison control center reported that OVER 4000 CHILDREN were poisoned with marijuana laced edibles last year.....

Last edited:
Reactions: huskerfan1414
Do a google search. There was a story in the Denver Post about an 11 month old that died and a 2 year old that had to be put on a ventilator (life support) because of respiratory depression from ingesting pot edibles. I'll edit/add that TODAY reports that the national poison control center reported that OVER 4000 CHILDREN were poisoned with marijuana laced edibles last year.....

I think this is what dingle was talking about.

https://www.huzlers.com/59-people-die-of-marijuana-overdose-in-colorado-and-washington/

Weed is safer than most drugs and has some medicinal benefits. Legalize it and spend my tax dollars on something else. Let all the folks locked up for weed crime out right now - again a waste of my tax dollars. Most of the MJ negative stuff is the prison industry not wanting one of their key revenue generators taken away. I agree the effectiveness, dosing, etc. of weed is not understood. Legalizing it would help money go to figuring that out.

Just stop. You could say that it's important to keep your prescription drugs and alcohol out of reach from children. That is on the parents and not the substance.

Just stop. You could say that it's important to keep your prescription drugs and alcohol out of reach from children. That is on the parents and not the substance.
We're formulating the crap into candy and cookies for heaven's sake. IT'S ON US FOR ALLOWING THAT TO HAPPEN! Put the stuff in FDA regulated forms at the prescription counter and I'm all for it. Sell it as edibles etc, no way.

Reactions: otismotis08
We're formulating the crap into candy and cookies for heaven's sake. IT'S ON US FOR ALLOWING THAT TO HAPPEN! Put the stuff in FDA regulated forms at the prescription counter and I'm all for it. Sell it as edibles etc, no way.

It's for adults. It's on adults to store them in a responsible manner. The same as alcohol. Stop making this more than it is.

Reactions: Hoosker Du
It's for adults. It's on adults to store them in a responsible manner. The same as alcohol. Stop making this more than it is.
People are formulating it in to cookies, candy, and brownies and 4000 kids were poisoned by it last year (that's just the reported ones) AND I'M MAKING TOO BIG OF A DEAL OUT OF THIS! Get real. Obviously stoners aren't responsible adults.

Reactions: huskerfan1414

I'm not in to the stuff myself but I do support it's legalization for recreational use to those who want to use it. I cant say I agree with your views towards it but I do agree that the edibles are a bit much. We don't need gummies that are enticing to children who stumble across them. Oils, concentrates and plant form I see no problem with. Candy isn't all that good of an idea IMO, way too easy for a child to mistake something they shouldn't have with something that all of us loved as a child and many probably still do love..

People are formulating it in to cookies, candy, and brownies and 4000 kids were poisoned by it last year (that's just the reported ones) AND I'M MAKING TOO BIG OF A DEAL OUT OF THIS! Get real. Obviously stoners aren't responsible adults.

Perhaps the 4,000 adults were irresponsible. However, I'm sure that those that need/want to use marijuana may not all want to smoke it. It's obvious that you do not support it's legalization. Your entitled to your opinion but I feel that education is more appropriate than prohibition. Typing in all caps does not make your opinion more important or true than mine. I understand that kids may see this as candy or treats and accidentally ingest the product. I still believe that it's up to the parents to secure the product from minors.

Reactions: Hoosker Du

I'm glad to hear that your wife has found some relief from it. Another example of the successes of MM that the right will deny, despite the proof slapping them in the face.

Here's the problem. There is no proven scientific evidence for it's use AND the variation of potency of the material out there make it EXTREMELY variable in effect and effectiveness. The other issue is that people can easily get scripts for "medical MJ" that have no justifiable reason whatsover for getting it. Sooo basically it's just become a cover for recreational usage. There have been instances in Colorado of kids ODing and dying from MJ products. That's right, harmless MJ. In many things I tend to be a bit of a libertarian as in "why the hell is our government deciding these things for us". But with MJ legalization it's just the wild wild west and the guys selling it are capitalists that don't give a shit about your health and well being. They just want to make money. So, you HAVE to have the FDA controlling this stuff or lots of people will get hurt. You can make the active ingredients in MJ in to a pill form so if we really want it for medical use we should get rid of the smoke and put it in a USP controlled form and dosage. The problem is that in order to do that you have to jump through very expensive hoops AND PROVE EFFICACY and nobody has been able to do that thus far in scientific studies. That leads one to believe that in fact MOST of the perceived benefit from using MJ is psychological and not physical. JUST THE FACTS AS WE KNOW THEM THUS FAR. Empirical testimonials touting efficacy are not evidence of efficacy. Who knows, some day we may have bottles of THC in pill form in the cupboard instead of Tylenol......but until that time....

C'mon man, there is an avalanche of clinical evidence of the benefits of MM.

Last edited:
Colorados rate of traffic related deaths is on the rise, as is teenage use of pot...all tied to their legalization. Its alarming really.
I was forwarded a report ill share here if i have time the next few days. Dont have access to my computer til monday.

Colorados rate of traffic related deaths is on the rise, as is teenage use of pot...all tied to their legalization. Its alarming really.
I was forwarded a report ill share here if i have time the next few days. Dont have access to my computer til monday.

There were also more traffic-related deaths in Colorado in 2008 than 2015, of which 32% were alcohol related. The recent uptick is also suspected of being the result of lower gas prices leading to more people driving.

A recent study done by the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration found three was no “significant increased risk of crash involvement” due to marijuana use. So I guess the federal government doesn't agree with your theory.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/marijuana-doesnt-pose-significant-risk-in-car-crashes-nhtsa-says/

Probably a report funded by those who have an agenda against the stuff. Following sources here is important because a lot of money is dumped in to making it look like a miracle drug or making it look like a dangerous substance. It's neither of those but it has been good to some while bad to others.

Probably a report funded by those who have an agenda against the stuff. Following sources here is important because a lot of money is dumped in to making it look like a miracle drug or making it look like a dangerous substance. It's neither of those but it has been good to some while bad to others.
Just wait til i post it. I think it was done by the state. After i post it feel free to judge it accordingly but this is too serious a thing to simply say oh we have alcohol might as well have this or something.
Its a dangerous and addictive substance, period. It has medicinal benefits that i am supportive of. But cmon the stoners need to stop with the miracle plant crap. Those who live in the real world know how damaging it can be, doesnt mean you cant be for its legalization but lets be honest.

C'mon man, there is an avalanche of clinical evidence of the benefits of MM.
Avalanche of clinical evidence? Really? Must have been in the Journal of Herbal Medicine because I missed it in the Journal of Internal Medicine. Clinical" empirical evidence" is NOT scientific evidence.

but studies funded by big pharma and their cronies tell the masses that it's a horrible drug..
Avalanche of clinical evidence? Really? Must have been in the Journal of Herbal Medicine because I missed it in the Journal of Internal Medicine. Clinical" empirical evidence" is NOT scientific evidence.

Go to Google and type this in the search box "medicinal marijuana clinical studies" and you'll have as many studies as you want to read.

Go to Google and type this in the search box "medicinal marijuana clinical studies" and you'll have as many studies as you want to read.
Did that AND on the first page of hits is an article by the NIH (National Institute of Health) stating that there is NO evidence of efficacy or safety of marijuana in treating any condition. The other articles that come up are all articles from MJ advocacy groups such as NORML.

Did that AND on the first page of hits is an article by the NIH (National Institute of Health) stating that there is NO evidence of efficacy or safety of marijuana in treating any condition. The other articles that come up are all articles from MJ advocacy groups such as NORML.

And you are full of crap. Stop lying about crap just to be right. There are at least 60 papers that show clinical benefits. Go to MedScape and educate yourself.

Google "Marinol" when you get done spouting off stuff you don't understand.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT