ADVERTISEMENT

Rand Paul first Senator to test positive for Covid-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

headcard

Nebraska Legend
Feb 2, 2005
Rand Paul is the first Senator to test positive for the virus.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dean Pope
Here is Ron Paul calling it a “hoax” just last week. Of course we still have some on this very board doing the same.

That's his dad.

Strange they would call it a hoax, since both are both former practicing doctors. They probably are saying it being a pandemic and being blown up by the media is a hoax. I don't agree with them, just stating what I think they meant.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
The schadenfreude is strong with this one...
I’m certainly not getting any pleasure from this, if that is what you are implying. However, this should be pretty eye opening to all of you spouting off the very same nonsense, daily.

Reactions: ATX Husker
Novel viruses have a handy way of humbling people. They are guaranteed to make you wrong. Any prevention will seem too much, and after the fact it will always seem too little. A strong healthy person can only live like a strong healthy person until they are knocked flat. An elderly person is just living day to day and staying positive because there isn't a reason to be depressed. Humans are illogically positive and make up fanciful realities to release anxiety and stress. IE...Diaries from Western Russian in 1941 detailed how the Jewish population thought Hitler would stop Himmler from executing them...even though they had 1st hand accounts from survivors who had crawled out of mass graves in the nearest village.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I don’t think any of us knew how bad it was going to be. Most people listen to the news but a good percentage also don’t trust them.
It has become clear that some of our national "leaders" had a good idea of how bad this could become and they used that information for insider trading purposes while telling us that things would be fine.

Reactions: headcard
It has become clear that some of our national "leaders" had a good idea of how bad this could become and they used that information for insider trading purposes while telling us that things would be fine.
I know but there’s a lot of people companies that are making boat loads more from this pandemic. I’m sure senator chuck will see those are bought up to the senate ethics committee. The question is how many in the House of Representatives profited and will Nancy do anything

I know but there’s a lot of people companies that are making boat loads more from this pandemic. I’m sure senator chuck will see those are bought up to the senate ethics committee. The question is how many in the House of Representatives profited and will Nancy do anything

It's funny how I was intentionally nonpartisan and you immediately responded with a partisan comment.

It's pretty obvious that a pandemic could lead to bad things for stocks. I don't think that means it is insider trading.

yep, but in the middle of a global pandemic in which his administration has bungled from day 1 he shouldnt be gloating over political rivals potentially having the virus. His inaction wil literally cost human lives. He also shouldnt bitch about appreciation for giving up his salary while his properties have grifted millions from the government. Then saying he wouldnt rule out taking bail out money. That bunch of criminals have been running a con since he announced he was running. He will leave this country like he leaves every business he touches....worse off than when he was handed them.

How's that? By sharing the story? I'm not out there calling this a hoax and encouraging others to go about their lives, as if nothing is happening, putting others in danger. Perhaps you need to re-examine how you define character.
Neither is Ron.

yep, but in the middle of a global pandemic in which his administration has bungled from day 1 he shouldnt be gloating over political rivals potentially having the virus. His inaction wil literally cost human lives. He also shouldnt bitch about appreciation for giving up his salary while his properties have grifted millions from the government. Then saying he wouldnt rule out taking bail out money. That bunch of criminals have been running a con since he announced he was running. He will leave this country like he leaves every business he touches....worse off than when he was handed them.
I think your view of "inaction" is skewed by your political leanings. I don't like Trump. I honestly hoped he would grow tired of the office and quit after a couple of years. I certainly didn't see him running for re-election. That said, IMO he's been as aggressive as he could have been given what we historically saw with SARS and then MERS. Couple that with the way China mislead the world and I'm not surprised he handled it the way he did. You conveniently forget how much heat he took by both sides of the aisle when he issued the travel bans. He was loudly called a racist among other names by the "progressive media".

Reactions: HuskerO
Well he is a racist that has been documented since the early 70s but a travel ban isnt racist. I was a registered R until 2004 but just couldnt stomach policy. The letter next to the name means very little to me. I would be fine if Pence was running things. Every time Trump speaks he puts people in danger. We need experts speaking only. Fauci and other experts only. No more vanity time for Don. The best thing he can do is get out of the way and let the adults handle this. For the life of me I cannot comprehend how people can listen to him just make shit up on a daily basis and after hearing the daily lies....think....yep thats my guy. I will stop the bashing for at least a week now....promise

Last edited:
Well he is a racist that has been documented since the early 70s but a travel ban isnt racist. I was a registered R until 2004 but just couldnt stomach policy. The letter next to the name means very little to me. I would be fine if Pence was running things. Every time Trump speaks he puts people in danger. We need experts speaking only. Fauci and other experts only. No more vanity time for Don. The best thing he can do is get out of the way and let the adults handle this.

IMO, Trump was just trying to give people some hope and calm some nerves. It is a good thing that Trump is pushing the FCA and CDC to scrap some of their antiquated protocols. I'm hopeful that he can kick them in the ass and get them to approve a vaccine in weeks instead of months. The way the FDA requires testing means this thing would be over and done with before the vaccine could be used on the public. Pence is a good man. I think at heart Crazy Joe probably is too but he's just so damned corrupt and senile. Our options are horrible.

Reactions: scarletred
Well he is a racist that has been documented since the early 70s but a travel ban isnt racist. I was a registered R until 2004 but just couldnt stomach policy. The letter next to the name means very little to me. I would be fine if Pence was running things. Every time Trump speaks he puts people in danger. We need experts speaking only. Fauci and other experts only. No more vanity time for Don. The best thing he can do is get out of the way and let the adults handle this. For the life of me I cannot comprehend how people can listen to him just make shit up on a daily basis and after hearing the daily lies....think....yep thats my guy. I will stop the bashing for at least a week now....promise

People like you can’t hold back you’ll be bitching about trump by Tuesday. Btw all you people that want socialized medicine. Right now Italy has stopped treating patients that are 60 years and older. Think about that. Some of us are at that age or getting close, or you have parents that age or grandparents. And yes I’ll hear we won’t do that in this country.

Reactions: scarletred
People like you can’t hold back you’ll be bitching about trump by Tuesday. Btw all you people that want socialized medicine. Right now Italy has stopped treating patients that are 60 years and older. Think about that. Some of us are at that age or getting close, or you have parents that age or grandparents. And yes I’ll hear we won’t do that in this country.

I’m at that age now and I have my 92 year old father leaving with me since my mother’s death a couple of weeks ago so I could still see him..

It we lived in Italy we would be kissing our asses good bye..

IMO, Trump was just trying to give people some hope and calm some nerves. It is a good thing that Trump is pushing the FCA and CDC to scrap some of their antiquated protocols. I'm hopeful that he can kick them in the ass and get them to approve a vaccine in weeks instead of months. The way the FDA requires testing means this thing would be over and done with before the vaccine could be used on the public. Pence is a good man. I think at heart Crazy Joe probably is too but he's just so damned corrupt and senile. Our options are horrible.
This is dangerous IMO. The President is pushing hope for treatments with no demonstrated efficacy in patients. Other countries are so desperate that they've seen this and have been trying chloroquine and have poisoned patients. Watching how Dr. Fauci goes up to bat cleanup at the mic tells a lot. No media filter there. That's from watching press conferences live. And the fact that Dr. Fauci hasn't been given a childish nickname yet or thrown under the bus for contradicting and correcting him (Trump) while he's standing on the same stage shows that Trump knows he needs this guy.

I’ll say it again trump wasn’t my first or second choice and it’s not my fault the democratic had a flawed shitter candidate. Imo up until this virus he’s done a pretty decent job unemployed rates for most states were at a all time low. He’s definitely not perfect but a person running for president and being a choir boy has went out the window years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT