ADVERTISEMENT

Raiola - no longer in the building

I'm talking about Benhart at RT.
Yeah I fat fingered that last post and had to edit it. He should be a guard. Even he though looked better those last 2 games. Tackle is maybe the toughest spot to find college guys for. About half the games in the B1G they’re going to have to try to block NFL talent. Then I think the level of DCs is very good as well.

Reactions: itseasyas1-2-3
Nice.

Maybe up to 1.5M available for DC and a little more for a higher quality position coach.
Even if this is in bad taste, Mickey probably fashioned himself as close to 1M for his services when a high-quality WR coach should be in the 750-800K range.
Yeah, we shouldn’t have any issues getting top notch coaches with that remaining budget.

HA! Rhule potentially retains by far the worst assistant coach (Raiola) from this past year's staff and chooses not to retain the two most effective assistant coaches (bill Busch and mickey joseph [Joseph unfortunately I can see not being retained for chokin' out Priscilla]) from this past year's staff. Makes sense. The end product on the field will reflect this next yr.

Last edited:
HA! Rhule retains by far the worst assistant coach (Raiola) from this past year's staff and chooses not to retain the two most effective assistant coaches (bill Busch and mickey joseph [Joseph unfortunately I can see not being retained for chokin' out Priscilla]) from this past year's staff. Makes sense. The end product on the field will reflect this next yr.
so you really are NOT a Recruiting Analyst....you are a guy with an ax to grind....

Already been reported that Satterfield will be OC and also coach the TEs.

So even more money will be available.

Nice.

Maybe up to 1.5M available for DC and a little more for a higher quality position coach.
Even if this is in bad taste, Mickey probably fashioned himself as close to 1M for his services when a high-quality WR coach should be in the 750-800K range.
The longer this goes on the more I think we are going to go for someone big for DC. I guess he did say he was trying to convince snow to be a part of this, though he never said for DC so who knows.

Not sure what the holdup for WR coach is? Now that we are assuming MJ is out he should have a few guys to talk to for WR coach.

Yeah I fat fingered that last post and had to edit it. He should be a guard. Even he though looked better those last 2 games. Tackle is maybe the toughest spot to find college guys for. About half the games in the B1G they’re going to have to try to block NFL talent. Then I think the level of DCs is very good as well.
Some of those edge guys in college football are tremendous athletes.

They're like the modern-day Junior Miller/Johnny Mitchell types. Big as hell and can run like a deer for their size.

Everyone is so fast to condemn Benhart but he actually was one of the best graded o lineman on the team. If you want to get down on someone it should be at left tackle. He graded in the 30s many times this year. Frost seemed to like to recruit trees with no mobility. Some of the mobility concerns could have been from the S&C program.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
HA! Rhule retains by far the worst assistant coach (Raiola) from this past year's staff and chooses not to retain the two most effective assistant coaches (bill Busch and mickey joseph [Joseph unfortunately I can see not being retained for chokin' out Priscilla]) from this past year's staff. Makes sense. The end product on the field will reflect this next yr.
Not confirmed dummy.. He's not listed on huskers.com as being on staff.. But being with someone with some much direct knowledge I'd figured you'd know that.. RoCkS fOr BrAiNs

The longer this goes on the more I think we are going to go for someone big for DC. I guess he did say he was trying to convince snow to be a part of this, though he never said for DC so who knows.

Not sure what the holdup for WR coach is? Now that we are assuming MJ is out he should have a few guys to talk to for WR coach.
Maybe since Mickey is on administrative leave they think it's a poor PR move to name a new WR coach with the perception that guilt has already been proven, just not finalized.

I figure Rhule already knows and may have a commitment from his WR coach but is keeping it out of the headlines so he doesn't get questioned by folks.

Who knows?

Everyone is so fast to condemn Benhart but he actually was one of the best graded o lineman on the team. If you want to get down on someone it should be at left tackle. He graded in the 30s many times this year. Frost seemed to like to recruit trees with no mobility. Some of the mobility concerns could have been from the S&C program.
No doubt, multiple teams will line up for Benhart's services with big NIL money.

I know Corcoran and Teddy both had lower grades than Benhart, so no wonder NU couldn't move the ball with any consistency.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Benhart is a good player....he just needs actual good coaching, which he's never had in college yet. His ceiling is still so high, and his recruiting rankings out of HS reflected that. Matter of fact, I had him in my top ten at OT.

NU may have been (without researching) the only team in college or pro football with bookend 6'10" and 6'9" Offensive Tackles.

Maybe since Mickey is on administrative leave they think it's a poor PR move to name a new WR coach with the perception that guilt has already been proven, just not finalized.

I figure Rhule already knows and may have a commitment from his WR coach but is keeping it out of the headlines so he doesn't get questioned by folks.

Who knows?
Joseph's next court date is in late January and I really don't think Ruhle is going to wait that long to fill the position no matter how it looks to a few people. Since Ruhle seems to be a deliberate person and since he was pretty sure he would have a college gig this year, he has probably been making calls since October and I expect the rest or most of the rest of the positions are filled by coaches still coaching a team.

Who knows?
That is a very good point.

HA! Rhule potentially retains by far the worst assistant coach (Raiola) from this past year's staff and chooses not to retain the two most effective assistant coaches (bill Busch and mickey joseph [Joseph unfortunately I can see not being retained for chokin' out Priscilla]) from this past year's staff. Makes sense. The end product on the field will reflect this next yr.
As a analyst as well I have Raiola has the 4th best assistant from last year. The worst assistant by far was Zach Duval. I have him as the 100th ranked nationally. And the 4,453rd in the world.

As a analyst as well I have Raiola has the 4th best assistant from last year. The worst assistant by far was Zach Duval. I have him as the 100th ranked nationally. And the 4,453rd in the world.
Why do you have the S&C coach so far down the list? What were you seeing to come to that conclusion? I'm just curious because from a S&C perspective...unless its obvious...I don't pick up on those things

Benhart is a good player....he just needs actual good coaching, which he's never had in college yet. His ceiling is still so high, and his recruiting rankings out of HS reflected that. Matter of fact, I had him in my top ten at OT.
Benhart is a solid player not a good player. I have him as the 45th best OT if he can reach his ceiling. and the 234th in the world.

Why do you have the S&C coach so far down the list? What were you seeing to come to that conclusion? I'm just curious because from a S&C perspective...unless its obvious...I don't pick up on those things
Players were unable to get out of their stances players could not bend. Players who were getting to the NFL were being told to drop some weight because they put so much on that they could not move. Those are just a few things that come to mind I would have to look at my notes from my office to go more into detail.

Players were unable to get out of their stances players could not bend. Players who were getting to the NFL were being told to drop some weight because they put so much on that they could not move. Those are just a few things that come to mind I would have to look at my notes from my office to go more into detail.
Makes sense. Always like seeing what others are seeing as well

I am starting to think that these two are the same dude...one playing as the straight man, the other the jokester. I love it.

This is better comedy than when we start talking about our bench press, 40 times and hotties we did or would not bang.
I already have one in my Ignore Hopper and am fixing to add the other clown.

Once he finishes the TPS reports, he's out of there, with or without the stapler.
giphy.gif

8e75eeed-40f6-43c4-8545-4daf122eaa11_text.gif

382db945-a9f0-420c-8359-2de18babf4f6_text.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT