ADVERTISEMENT

QB position makes or breaks any team.....

HuskerWatson

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2005
The more football I watch (50+ years now) the more I realize that the QB position will make a break any team.
A very good QB can make a poor team good and a good team great and thus the opposite is true. A poor QB will make a good team poor and a great team good.

We need look no further than last nights game with a Clemson and Bama, one team had a very good QB (Clemson) and the other team had only a good QB (Bama)...

Other than Clemson's QB was the rest of the team world beaters? They have and above average line and one very good WR (Williams) and a host of very solid players and with that combination they took down Goliath (Bama) and all those first round NFL players....

So if any team should understand what poor/inconsistent QB play does to hurt a team, it is us Nebraska.

This why I am so excited about next year and the future for this team. To actually have a solid QB that will more times than not be a bonus instead of a liability.

No more 8-9 defensive guys in the box taking away the run and making Taylor or Tommy beat them with the pass....

A solid QB will make the whole team better, consistent offense, less pressure on the defense.

A good QB can pick a defense apart, Watson was able to get rid of the ball before Bama's pass rush could get home and that was against a press at the LOS type defense on WR...

Anyway finally in 2017 we have some HOPE, thank God....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News