ADVERTISEMENT

QB NIL valuations

Estimates by the same people who put star rankings on kids. I wouldn’t get so worked up about their estimates which can change like the wind.

Good article. I’m a math guy. If you are too, maybe give it read. Whole thing. Take it for a Frost (KK reference).

One elite player can change a team. Need an elite QB, couple stud OL’s who can move their feet and a Proven WR, with This coaching staff, could compete. ~$2M. Doesn’t seem much to ask, given what they’re asking for, IMHO
Does anyone know, is it legal for the Nebraska Athletic Department to donate money to an NIL initiative?

"To further illustrate the difference: Every single Bulldog player received an NIL deal this season, largely due to the program’s Classic City Collective, one of the best NIL collectives in the country. The average NIL valuation among Georgia players sits at $71,000, while TCU boasts an average of $26,000." - https://boardroom.tv/georgia-biggest-nil-stars-2022-23/

If we could earmark $10 a ticket for NIL that would be $5,950,000 which would be close to GA (if you take 71k x 85 man roster = 6,035,000)

Good article. I’m a math guy. If you are too, maybe give it read. Whole thing. Take it for a Frost (KK reference).
Rhule recruits a 2 or zero star guy and a couple of days later he’s a 3 star. Offers from top programs is an indicator but the only verification of offers is by the kid. The recruiting school isn’t allowed to talk about them. I won’t dispute the higher hit rate for more highly rated recruits but let’s not get too carried away with subjective assignment of numbers.

Does anyone know, is it legal for the Nebraska Athletic Department to donate money to an NIL initiative?

"To further illustrate the difference: Every single Bulldog player received an NIL deal this season, largely due to the program’s Classic City Collective, one of the best NIL collectives in the country. The average NIL valuation among Georgia players sits at $71,000, while TCU boasts an average of $26,000." - https://boardroom.tv/georgia-biggest-nil-stars-2022-23/

If we could earmark $10 a ticket for NIL that would be $5,950,000 which would be close to GA (if you take 71k x 85 man roster = 6,035,000)
I think we have a similar deal but there is no way in hell we have the depth of financial support of some of the other programs.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Rhule recruits a 2 or zero star guy and a couple of days later he’s a 3 star. Offers from top programs is an indicator but the only verification of offers is by the kid. The recruiting school isn’t allowed to talk about them. I won’t dispute the higher hit rate for more highly rated recruits but let’s not get too carried away with subjective assignment of numbers.
It’s the 4/5 star guys who BY FAR have the greatest amount predictability in becoming NFL-caliber athletes. Who, as it turns out, are basically a requirement for competing for championships. We have to dramatically improve our recruiting at some point, if we wanna get there. It’s gonna take A LOT of money to do so.

I understand it’s not gonna happen tomorrow. Just wanna see it start sooner rather than later. Shoulda started by now. There’s nothing to show for it this year.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Assuming it’s based on recruiting ratings for incomers and just stat-based for transfers. Either way it’s gotta be SOME metric measure of talent, intangibles. We need proven athletes. Not f’ing Projects, and at that projects with a CEILING. HH, God love his drive and motivation, isn’t an elite QB and never will be. We need better. We have and HAVE HAD the ability to alter that fact, and have CHOSEN not to, IMHO inexplicably.
Yeah, love HH as a person but comparing him with MSU's freshman QB kinda showed us how lacking we are at the QB spot.

Also, can we find someone on the roster who can return a punt. Fair catching inside the 10 was pathetic.

Reactions: RedMyMind
It’s the 4/5 star guys who BY FAR have the greatest amount predictability in becoming NFL-caliber athletes. Who, as it turns out, are basically a requirement for competing for championships. We have to dramatically improve our recruiting at some point, if we wanna get there. It’s gonna take A LOT of money to do so.

I understand it’s not gonna happen tomorrow. Just wanna see it start sooner rather than later. Shoulda started by now. There’s nothing to show for it this year.
It’s a tough nut to crack. Kids want to play for a winner. Gotta prove we can win. That probably doesn’t have to take a bunch of 4 star guys. We’re a ways away from competing with OSU for recruits I’m afraid.

For you internet sleuths: Is there any articles discussing what these kids actually get? I've heard 3rd hand that a lot of this NIL doesn't actually come to fruition and aren't nearly as high as the valuation. I imagine it varies per person, but have heard a lot about the dollars never ending up like they are stated. I imagine the "star" players are probably much closer to their valuation, but the lesser players start to not reach the levels being shown.

For you internet sleuths: Is there any articles discussing what these kids actually get? I've heard 3rd hand that a lot of this NIL doesn't actually come to fruition and aren't nearly as high as the valuation. I imagine it varies per person, but have heard a lot about the dollars never ending up like they are stated. I imagine the "star" players are probably much closer to their valuation, but the lesser players start to not reach the levels being shown.
Nobody really knows

You would feel better if we were paying these guys a fortune? Like that would make them better players.
Are you trying to be dense about this?

I'll spell it out slowly so you can get it.

Step 1 - we pay more $

Step 2 - we get better players

Which parts are you having trouble with?

• Haha
No, we’re paying them their market value. Would be idiotic to pay them more. We need to pay for better athletes…. Cuz that’s what EVERY RANKED TEAM IS DOING.
No, we shouldn't pay anyone on our current roster more. We should invest more money to land a QB that can complete a pass.

Reactions: GBRforLife1
I do think we need to up our NIL game and open up the check books, but I will say we need more than a QB, I mean a QB worth his pay check won’t even look our way until we can get some playmakers on the outside.

It’s going to be one of those which came first the chicken or the egg situations, but with us it’s which came first the QB or the WRs. I do think Coleman will turn out good, but for whatever reason he’s not getting a lot of targets…

The moral of my ramblings is that we can go out and get a QB and pay him in the millions, but that won’t fix it, a QB is only as good has his pass catchers, we have a lot of holes to fill all over.

I do think we need to up our NIL game and open up the check books, but I will say we need more than a QB, I mean a QB worth his pay check won’t even look our way until we can get some playmakers on the outside.

It’s going to be one of those which came first the chicken or the egg situations, but with us it’s which came first the QB or the WRs. I do think Coleman will turn out good, but for whatever reason he’s not getting a lot of targets…

The moral of my ramblings is that we can go out and get a QB and pay him in the millions, but that won’t fix it, a QB is only as good has his pass catchers, we have a lot of holes to fill all over.
We have plenty at WR

Dinglefritz and Tetonia.....can't we do both? You both make valid points.

The stadium probably needed to be done and I think it will be great and good for 50+ years. The other addition was needed as well. Now we need to step up our NIL game.

Is there transparency? Not that I've seen and yes I would too but not sure if they're bound to by law. I don't trust they're advertising for sure.

If every household would donate $10 per person per year that would be huge and feasible. I'm sure we've all wasted that other places and yes the available $$ is finite but businesses will Flux to use it if they can

Dinglefritz and Tetonia.....can't we do both? You both make valid points.

The stadium probably needed to be done and I think it will be great and good for 50+ years. The other addition was needed as well. Now we need to step up our NIL game.

Is there transparency? Not that I've seen and yes I would too but not sure if they're bound to by law. I don't trust they're advertising for sure.

If every household would donate $10 per person per year that would be huge and feasible. I'm sure we've all wasted that other places and yes the available $$ is finite but businesses will Flux to use it if they can
Doing both is my point. The NIL marketing to a large degree from what I’ve seen has been directed at fans who don’t normally donate to facility projects. On the other hand Davison landed with the NIL collective largely because of his connections to large donors who can make NIL donations.

IMO the angst over NIL is kind of strange. One angry poster says we have the money and aren’t using it. Another guy says we don’t have the money because of building projects. Others are angry because they don’t think we’re paying enough to land top prospects. Kids aren’t completely stupid. Even with NIL we HAVE to win enough to make this an attractive destination for top talent. NIL hasn’t changed that.

I think Coleman looks like a future star. Look how often he is blatantly held. 6'5" 4.4 guys don't come around often. Fidone should only get better as he shakes off the rust and gets experience.

The people that write those evaluation articles aren't the ones writing the check, I wouldn't put much stock in them unless they're actually forking over money.

Are you trying to be dense about this?

I'll spell it out slowly so you can get it.

Step 1 - we pay more $

Step 2 - we get better players

Which parts are you having trouble with?

You are illiterate or just choosing to ignore reality?

Like I stated above, we were not in a position to land those players this off season. Listing the NIL values of players that weren’t even available is just stupid. We weren’t getting Nix or Williams no matter what we had to offer, so listing their NIL values compared to our players is pointless. And paying the players we currently have top shelf money would be irresponsible.

Last edited:

Like I stated above, we were not in a position to land those players this off season. Listing the NIL values of players that weren’t even available is just stupid. We weren’t getting Nix or Williams no matter what we had to offer, so listing their NIL values compared to our players is pointless. And paying the players we currently have top shelf money would be irresponsible.
Yes?

This is not how markets work.

Find the player who is willing to come and pay them.

I get that, still confused as to why we did so little this offseason. Maybe there was just too much else going on and they didn’t focus on it. Willing to give ‘em the benefit of the doubt, but they need to pick it up in a big way. Injuries aside, our talent on offense at least is just laughable.

Wtf don’t you guys understand? It’s a totally different deal. Me as a donor might give money for a building but IF I want to give money to somebody I’ll give it to my own kids.

We’re not going to win any bidding wars against oil or tech money.
Well, you're partially right in that there is usually only so much money to go around... if people spend on a construction project, there is less of it to go toward NIL.

You can designate where you want your contribution to go, but can you verify that it actually went there?

Money is fungible.. a dollar earmarked for X can be used instead for Y, and there is nobody auditing that for your benefit either.

Well, you're partially right in that there is usually only so much money to go around... if people spend on a construction project, there is less of it to go toward NIL.

You can designate where you want your contribution to go, but can you verify that it actually went there?

Money is fungible.. a dollar earmarked for X can be used instead for Y, and there is nobody auditing that for your benefit either.
^^^^ exactly right. Here, the only thing people even hear about around the football program is the need for $450M, you'd have no idea that there's an NIL initiative if you didn't realize there even was one. It's f*ing invisible otherwise, unless you 'know someone'.

We haven't figured this out, somehow. It's a glaring, shining difference between us and successful programs. And it's AS IMPORTANT a factor in determining what we look like in 5-10 years, every bit as important as trading in Frost for Rhule. Eventually we'll join the 21st century.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT