ADVERTISEMENT

QB NIL valuations

Been saying this for awhile, we need to up our NIL game considerably. We need to start meeting and/or beating the estimated market value for these top recruits and transfers. It’s a new land$cape and money is driving it. We don’t have to like it, but if we want to win at the highest level, we’re gonna have to play the same game as the big boys. The unfortunate reality is no top recruit is choosing us (except maybe some in state kids) if we don’t match, or beat the competitions offer.

Very few people in life are willing to take less money to go and work for an upstart company and these kids are no different. Kids that are not from here are not coming here for less money. Period.
^^^^ 1000%. So many folks here can’t seem to grasp that. We HAVE the money, yet choose not to spend it. It’s not about whether we should or not…

^^^^ 1000%. So many folks here can’t seem to grasp that. We HAVE the money, yet choose not to spend it. It’s not about whether we should or not…
We don’t have a million in NIL money laying around to land a top QB. You can’t blame Trev or Rhule for the NIL situation. By rule they can’t have anything to do with it.

Reactions: BleedRed78
How exactly are these places estimating NIL value calculating it? NIL value might not end up being the best indicator of the value of a QB to a team.
Assuming it’s based on recruiting ratings for incomers and just stat-based for transfers. Either way it’s gotta be SOME metric measure of talent, intangibles. We need proven athletes. Not f’ing Projects, and at that projects with a CEILING. HH, God love his drive and motivation, isn’t an elite QB and never will be. We need better. We have and HAVE HAD the ability to alter that fact, and have CHOSEN not to, IMHO inexplicably.

There is a risk in using a 18-22 year old to promote your business.
Do have ANY DOUBT, barring a career-ending injury, that Arch Manning or Dylan won’t be in the NFL? There’s certainly risk. No doubt. But look at the goddamned numbers. 4/5*’s become NFL caliber at a statistically higher % than lesser athletes. CERTAINLY it’s fluid to some extent. Name a better prognosticator. Aside actually watching film, which hardly anyone does anymore, at least in earnest…

Assuming it’s based on recruiting ratings for incomers and just stat-based for transfers. Either way it’s gotta be SOME metric measure of talent, intangibles. We need proven athletes. Not f’ing Projects, and at that projects with a CEILING. HH, God love his drive and motivation, isn’t an elite QB and never will be. We need better. We have and HAVE HAD the ability to alter that fact, and have CHOSEN not to, IMHO inexplicably.
Yeah. Lots of projections NIL valuations are extremely subjective so I’m not sure that’s a great way to determine the value of a QB to your team. Basing a recruiting decision on NIL value would be silly.

We don’t have a million in NIL money laying around to land a top QB. You can’t blame Trev or Rhule for the NIL situation. By rule they can’t have anything to do with it.
lol dude YES WE DO, which is the entire point here! It’s a CHOICE, and someone in charge needs to ‘splain it.

• Haha
Yeah. Lots of projections NIL valuations are extremely subjective so I’m not sure that’s a great way to determine the value of a QB to your team. Basing a recruiting decision on NIL value would be silly.
Am guessing Manning’s is affected by pedigree, obviously, but he earned his star rating nonetheless. Maybe we can’t afford the top tier, but we CAN afford a LOT better than what we have.

lol dude YES WE DO, which is the entire point here! It’s a CHOICE, and someone in charge needs to ‘splain it.
Show me where it isn’t being spent. Who is holding the money? Sorry but I see a lot of speculation on your part. Even IF we have it we can’t entice transfers with it directly. Maybe this off season we go after somebody but it’s silly to be panicking about it right now. Who do you want them to go after RIGHT NOW.

My impression is most of them are doing personal appearances. Nash does radio commercials
I don't think so. It's all shady so no way to know for sure. For instance I think it was Utah where a dealer gave every player a truck? I doubt every player on the team is doing something for that truck.

Show me where it isn’t being spent. Who is holding the money? Sorry but I see a lot of speculation on your part. Even IF we have it we can’t entice transfers with it directly. Maybe this off season we go after somebody but it’s silly to be panicking about it right now. Who do you want them to go after RIGHT NOW.
I guess I’d just like to know how they’re spending it, and I obviously don’t. Have been to exactly three fundraisers (lol I’m SPECULATING there’ve been more than three), in which the money raised far exceeds what the entire team is PUBLISHED to have been valued at/receiving. Also know DR was offered an amount which UGA obviously exceeded, by one individual. I don’t know if that offer went elsewhere, but the money IS THERE. For sure. I think some transparency with the process would help.

We obviously go after what we’re lacking first. QB/WR/OL…

I guess I’d just like to know how they’re spending it, and I obviously don’t. Have been to exactly three fundraisers (lol I’m SPECULATING there’ve been more than three), in which the money raised far exceeds what the entire team is PUBLISHED to have been valued at/receiving. Also know DR was offered an amount which UGA obviously exceeded, by one individual. I don’t know if that offer went elsewhere, but the money IS THERE. For sure. I think some transparency with the process would help.

I agree that transparency would help a lot. Hard to understand the vision with how secretive everything is.

Reactions: Tetonia

Businesses can’t offer NIL before the portal opens so screaming about it now makes no sense.

Businesses can’t offer NIL before the portal opens so screaming about it now makes no sense.
Makes no difference currently. This season is over, with the outside chance of a lame bowl game, which would be slightly short of miraculous. Will see what they do when and if… but they’ve offered little thus far, this admin, in looking to pay for Talent. They could have. They chose not to, and the result is before you.

We’re batting .500 against the worst teams in the BiG. Which is admittedly an improvement. OR, maybe they’re all just that much worse than previous years. I hope we get another win, but wouldn’t bet a CENT on it.

And I’m just typing, not screaming, lol. The all-caps are just for emphasis, but don’t actually make a sound.

• Haha
Makes no difference currently. This season is over, with the outside chance of a lame bowl game, which would be slightly short of miraculous. Will see what they do when and if… but they’ve offered little thus far, this admin, in looking to pay for Talent. They could have. They chose not to, and the result is before you.
THIS ADMINISTRATION can NOT DIRECT NIL! Sorry for shouting but you can’t seem to get it through your head. Call Matt Davison etal if you want to bitch. Trev and Rhule have nothing to do with it.

THIS ADMINISTRATION can NOT DIRECT NIL! Sorry for shouting but you can’t seem to get it through your head. Call Matt Davison etal if you want to bitch. Trev and Rhule have nothing to do with it.
Rhule himself has verbalized not wanting to pay recruits. We’ll see what happens in the transfer portal.

• Haha
Matt d should be investigated and prosecuted to the full extent of the law for his mismanagement of NIL

Same with the genius(es) who thought it was a good idea to put him in charge

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Our NIL collectives are paying players just like everybody else.
My concern is that we’re not paying them what we’ve donated. Feel like something is crooked. I’m looking at what other programs are doing, and smell a skunk. This is why I’m a little Shrill. Bleed Husker Red, like every non-troll here. Am concerned, but more importantly I’m reluctant to donate more. Understand?

Definitely. Definitely. Definitely a response from someone unfamiliar with the times.

Let me introduce you to something called social media. Let me introduce you to TikTok and instagram. Youth promotion is at its height.
I bet Jeff Sims social media is really popping.

No, that moneys been promised to construction companies.
Wtf don’t you guys understand? It’s a totally different deal. Me as a donor might give money for a building but IF I want to give money to somebody I’ll give it to my own kids.

We’re not going to win any bidding wars against oil or tech money.

Know y’all are sick of me railing on this, and it nauseates me, too, but the numbers are staggering…

Top 25 teams starting QB’s have NIL valuations range from (lowest) was K State’s Will Howard, $299k. And this includes TULANE’s QB, $450k. Top 10 guys are all north of $1M, for the most part. Two schools didn’t publish, Utah and KU. Anyone wanna guess how much Haarberg and Sims are worth? Our starting QB’s valuation is one Third that of the lowest paid QB in the top 25. And it’s NOT because we don’t have the funds.

This isn’t a tough problem, Husker fans. It’s our program’s current Philosophy that is.
Where are you getting those numbers?

So plenty of reason to be skeptical of those metrics and numbers.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Wtf don’t you guys understand? It’s a totally different deal. Me as a donor might give money for a building but IF I want to give money to somebody I’ll give it to my own kids.

We’re not going to win any bidding wars against oil or tech money.
WTF don’t I understand? It’s what you don’t understand. I’m on a board on a nonprofit. I have a CPA, 2 masters degrees, and understand finance better then your simple tracked mind (which I say this because you showed above).

Let me explain simple economics to you. Contributed funding is finite. Donors budget. The mass donations charities collect tend to go toward the campaign that the charitable labeled area of greatest need. Yea their is always some sort of “building fund” and yes, people can always restrict their donations for such usage. The donors intent always has to be honored. So grumpy old men like yourself can control where their money goes.

But the money comes in from selling. If Trev wanted to push NIL, he would. He would have made that the program’s “area of greatest need” for donors, regardless if it would be via to another organization. But he didnt. He put it on facilities via promotion. So that’s where big money backed. Again, donations are finite, you give here, takes away from giving there.

Yes there’s grumpy old ass men that “don’t believe in fair pay for those that labor”. Yes Charles Comiskey would be proud. Pad the rich pockets.

And yes we can compete in NIL. We see this in many areas that Nebraska atheletics does extremely well business wise

WTF don’t I understand? It’s what you don’t understand. I’m on a board on a nonprofit. I have a CPA, 2 masters degrees, and understand finance better then your simple tracked mind (which I say this because you showed above).

Let me explain simple economics to you. Contributed funding is finite. Donors budget. The mass donations charities collect tend to go toward the campaign that the charitable labeled area of greatest need. Yea their is always some sort of “building fund” and yes, people can always restrict their donations for such usage. The donors intent always has to be honored. So grumpy old men like yourself can control where their money goes.

But the money comes in from selling. If Trev wanted to push NIL, he would. He would have made that the program’s “area of greatest need” for donors, regardless if it would be via to another organization. But he didnt. He put it on facilities via promotion. So that’s where big money backed. Again, donations are finite, you give here, takes away from giving there.

Yes there’s grumpy old ass men that “don’t believe in fair pay for those that labor”. Yes Charles Comiskey would be proud. Pad the rich pockets.
. Congratulations. You suck up to people like me for donations. I pay for additions to buildings. BItching about NIL on a FREE message board isn’t going to change anything. Trev and Rhule can’t direct NIL donations. Go ahead and feel free to send letters to every donor of substance telling them what to do with their money.

It’s hilarious. One minute you guys say we’re sitting on over a million in NIL funds and not using it to buy players. The next minute you say we don’t have enough NIL money to buy players because of brick and mortar upgrades.

I completely understand the idea of finite funds for charitable giving. I’ve been a finance trustee for my church for decades. That said, you don’t seem to understand the difference between the psychology of raising money for brick and mortar projects versus giving kids money to play a game.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT