ADVERTISEMENT

Put this on Matt Rhule.

This is an emotional outburst but also correct. The special teams woes: Rhule. Everything in the program is his fault or great achievement.

Reactions: FissionReaction
How the **** did he get out coached....by a first year coach from a shithole school.........fire him and hire Indianas coach.
9dcf9572-ca14-4b04-b769-6343b87969c3_text.gif

Agreed it’s all MR problem - he chose the staff. I can’t believe we are talking about this again. HC and his minions - crazy.
Exactly! As it was with Frost, Riley and all the others, we yet again have a HC who is more interested in hiring his friends than hiring the best possible assistants he could get. He’s not a championship caliber coach and never will be if he refuses to accept this.

I don’t know what Rhule can do mid-season. He could give play calling to Glenn I suppose if he thought that would help. Or fire somebody. He could throw himself at special teams.

But the time to make needed changes are in the off-season.

If things don’t turn around this season. If we don’t win another game besides UCLA, then things will have to shake up. The coaches of ST, WR, OL, OC and RB are all on the table.

And we may need to change strategy on the HS vs Portal emphasis.

Nebraska fans are somewhat unique in that they blame the failures on the OC or DC or ST coordinator. It's always on the HC. He hires and fires every other coach on his staff.
not this Nebraska fan.

I have been told by the more sensitive faction of posters here (~93% of the entire population) that I need to watch my tone.

it was "disrespectful" of me to refer to Rhule as "Preacher" the second I saw the canyon-sized chasm between the product he was producing and the rhetoric he spins in front of the camera.

so I am softening my messaging a little to accommodate those people's delicate feelings.

Reactions: Hford
I don’t know what Rhule can do mid-season. He could give play calling to Glenn I suppose if he thought that would help. Or fire somebody. He could throw himself at special teams.

If things don’t turn around this season. If we don’t win another game besides UCLA, then things will have to shake up. The coaches of ST, WR, OL, OC and RB are all on the table.

Rhule can't coach his way through his omnipresent stubble.

I doubt he'd improve any phase by taking direct responsibility for it.

not this Nebraska fan.

I have been told by the more sensitive faction of posters here (~93% of the entire population) that I need to watch my tone.

it was "disrespectful" of me to refer to Rhule as "Preacher" the second I saw the canyon-sized chasm between the product he was producing and the rhetoric he spins in front of the camera.

so I am softening my messaging a little to accommodate those people's delicate feelings.
I've always welcomed your cynical tone regardless of results even when I disagree. I'm more of a positive type but I get the other side.

Reactions: king_kong_
Does Rhule have it in him to fire his friends? We will find out if we go 5-7 this year. You can’t run it back with the same staff next year and expect to be here for a fourth year when you get the same results.

Does Rhule have it in him to fire his friends? We will find out if we go 5-7 this year. You can’t run it back with the same staff next year and expect to be here for a fourth year when you get the same results.
he's a nice guy!

really not fair for him to be put in this position

Why ....why. Indiana did it in one year......next year is fools gold for fools.
Luck plays as much of a part in coaching hires as past success. The coaching carousel is always a gamble. If everything played out like it should have on paper, Scott Frost would have been a smashing success.

If he goes 5-7 he'll have to. I'm more interested to see if he does it at 7-5/6-6.

Reactions: cornwoman

This is spot on how things will go down. If we don’t make a bowl, I’d say this season is a complete bust. Wouldn’t be surprised to see DR transfer and major changes to assistant coaches.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT